CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
elcid99
thekob
Lonnie
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
Rooster'srule
Roosterboy
markp_vip
garnet_black215
My predictions for 2 (743)
An Aggies View of th (478)
Tennessee (352)
SEC Recruiting Advan (300)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (265)
Clowney in Practice (251)
Camp scheduled relea (163)
Question on Student (162)
Galaxy vs Seatle (162)
NCAA Concussion Sett (143)
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
2015 - Zack Bailey
An Aggies View of the Mat
FIFA 14 on PS3
Clemson Recruiting...how
Hello Gamecocks!
Green and Lammons
Question on Student Secti

Old 08-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default A word about Todd Ellis (again)

Drove around listening to Todd Ellis talk about the team and preparation
for Football season. I know a lot of people who have said some bad things
about Todd's personality and attitude in his personal life, but I've said it
before and after listening to him again today, I'll say it again. Mr Todd
Ellis is 100% Gamecock, and I wouldn't want anyone else calling our games
in the booth during the season. He was talking up the team and it's current
national status as being a "Sexy" pick among the nations top programs
right now, and he spoke extremely well of the Carolina fans. He had a lot
of really good comments about the practices, and HE IS PUMPED to get
the season underway this year ! If I knew him personally I'd say the same
thing about him as I do our coach. He may be an A/hole to deal with on
a personal level, but as long as he "is what he is" on the job, I'm all for
him staying here as long as he is breathing and wants to be here.

Looking forward to hearing him and Tommy call our games again this year.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: A word about Todd Ellis (again)

Like him or hate him, one thing can be agreed on.
He is 100% in the Gamecocks corner.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

I listened to him today as well. I totally agree with you Spurt...wouldn't want anyone else calling our games...he does a great job in my opinion and absolutely love this University...

I loved what he told the North Carolina fan that called in...he said they don't allow Chardonnay and cheese into Williams Brice Stadium...hahaha.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Yearofthegamecock
Blue Chip

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

I've always thought Todd and Tommy do a great job!

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

100% agree
Old 08-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #7
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Todd Ellis was as nice as could be when I met him one night after the call in show. He was in the back room at Wild Wings having a beer with a friend for an hour or so after the show. I was back there for a birthday part of one of my wife's friend's husbands (crap you get dragged to). I told her that was Todd Ellis and who he was, etc. She walked over and asked if we could get a photo, so we did. He was nice as could be! I told him I hated NC State my whole life for the broken leg.

The photo-bomber in the background was the birthday boy. Todd's friend he was having a beer with is in the booth on the left looking at his phone.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default A word about Todd Ellis (again)

The past two seasons I've grown to like Todd more. The way he calls the games have become more entertaining.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Todd Ellis was as nice as could be when I met him one night after the call in show. He was in the back room at Wild Wings having a beer with a friend for an hour or so after the show. I was back there for a birthday part of one of my wife's friend's husbands (crap you get dragged to). I told her that was Todd Ellis and who he was, etc. She walked over and asked if we could get a photo, so we did. He was nice as could be! I told him I hated NC State my whole life for the broken leg.

The photo-bomber in the background was the birthday boy. Todd's friend he was having a beer with is in the booth on the left looking at his phone.
He's chuggin on the cake fork like a real pro

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

I've met him a couple of times at tailgates and he's always been pretty nice to everyone. I did not know that he had a rep for being difficult or unpleasant.

Rick Henry was kind of a dick to me once when I he sat in a booth near me and some frineds at Rockaways many years ago. Maybe we caught him on a bad day during his dinner.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I enjoy them...when I go to games I like to take a little mp3 player that also has a radio tuner, and listen to their broadcast of the game while I also watch. I prefer listening to them during televised games when I'm watching the broadcast live, even though the radio broadcast is a tad ahead of the TV feed (I always watch the game again later that night, so at that time I'll listen to the TV announcers).

Ellis has made a few gaffes over his career - the "45, 50, 55" thing he did during Ace's punt return TD vs ECU a couple years ago gets good mention a bit - but it's typically only a one-time thing and doesn't happen continually. That time he was clearly caught up in the emotion of a good thing happening for USC: I can't find much fault in that. He often stumbles and slurrs his words from time to time, but I still understand what he's saying and after all, he's not a professional broadcaster, he's only a part-time one.

I'm the kind of person that will love to go to a rock concert, or love a certain actor in movies, but couldn't care less about getting their autographs. I like to be entertained by them, but have no desire to connect with them personally. Ellis may not be the most engaging person in real life judging by the stories about him told here, but that doesn't matter to me....
Old 08-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Todd is a super nice guy, but like most people, he doesn't have time to listen to every half-wit's opinion on all things Carolina.

He is much more patient with the general public than I would be.

I still don't listen to our radio broadcast though.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

My favorite Todd Ellis stumble quote of last season:

Quote:
Revenge is something . . . . BOOM!
Followed by the equally epic:

Quote:
Who cares?! Who cares?!
2:08 on the video:

bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

My all-time favorite Gamecock. He was QB while I attended USC. Got a chance to meet him at a pep rally the day before the Independence Bowl and he was nice enough.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
35-21
Tons-A-Fun

Male

CockyCash: 200
35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

A coworker and I were talking about him earlier today. We agree that we love the guy as the voice of the Gamecocks. He may not be so good at the informational side of calling a game, but I'll be d*mned if he doesn't get you excited about it.

"There's garnet in the end zone and orange on the ramps!"
35-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Love Todd and Tommy! Like it has been said, they are both 100% Gamecock. I'd rather listen to them than ESPN announcers any day.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #17
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Sidenote: Tommy Suggs has been doing color analyst for 40 years!!
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #18
vegasmark
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 210
vegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talons

He's a very nice guy, total homer, and a terrible announcer.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #19
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Sidenote: Tommy Suggs has been doing color analyst for 40 years!!
To hear Tommy talk, you'd swear the guy was still in his late 20s / Early
30s. He sounds exactly the same now as he did when he was the
color guy with Bob Fulton, and when he was behind a mic after a game
when he was playing.

The Ageless one is like the Energizer Bunny .......... Stillll Going !

Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasmark View Post
He's a very nice guy, total homer, and a terrible announcer.
And once upon a time an exciting QB who was one of the faces of Gamecock football. I loved watching him play...his FR year may have been his best.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote