CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
kingoftheroost
Badazcock
thekob
cockfight21
ChickenButt
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
GSC2013
Yearofthegamecock
Build a New Stadium (1939)
Four UK Players Susp (1710)
Nosovitch (689)
400 pasing yards (668)
This program has no (583)
Funny? (534)
KY Suspends 4 Player (365)
What fish do you eat (342)
Zone Read Analysis w (307)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
Thoughts on the basketbal
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201
HBC Weekly Presser
10-2
Maty Mauk tries to take o
What fish do you eat
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Request
Cleaned up version: SEC E
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Old 08-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material
Default 20 Historic B&W photos colorized

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/his...tos-colorized/

Some of these are very well done.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: 20 Historic B&W photos colorized

well done, however most of them "lose something" by being colorized IMO

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I agree, though allow me to bring up this point... As a man in my 20's, the footage before the color age always seemed distant, almost fake because I wasn't around to see the b/w era, so to see it in color really takes you to it.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

I understand, however IMO the color takes away some of the "grittiness" and desperation of many of the images

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

CockyCash: 500
Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit
Default 20 Historic B&W photos colorized

This was thoroughly entertaining! Thanks for posting!
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Liz Taylor was HOT when she was young
Old 08-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Quote:
I understand, however IMO the color takes away some of the "grittiness" and desperation of many of the images
Yep. I have older parents for my age, and I always loved going through their old pictures of their parents and grands. I remember asking one time how come no one ever smiled in the pictures and dad slapped me with some reality by sayin "Wasn't much to smile about".
Old 08-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
agreed

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Really good website. I spent about an hour in there today. BTW the most impressive thing was how they cleaned up some of the oldest pics so that they were crystal clear.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Check out Reddit /r/ColorizedHistory for a LOT more photos.

These are really neat. Some of them are done so well that you feel as though you are seeing a shot from a movie scene made in the last few years.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #11
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

For some reason I thought I may find some kind of flaw with the whole undertaking. Some betrayal of the original 'greatness' of the photos themselves but I was completely wrong. That was awesome. It somehow allows a closer connection. Made them more real. Well done indeed.

And what terrific photos...wow.

And after all these years I now get the whole Liz Taylor thing...there is some mischief in those blue eyes...the good kind.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote