CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
QCB
markp_vip
taylorssc
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
ScottK
No Comments on the H (1258)
Call of Duty: Advanc (404)
Freshman ND WR " (329)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (278)
Vote For Cocky (166)
Things They Should H (160)
Good Riddance to bad (157)
Keeping tailgate foo (147)
An A to Z of Noah We (77)
Vote For Cocky
Texas athletic director:
BAW
Keeping tailgate food saf
Roll call for Auburn
So Disappointed With The
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Who start on the d line t
The Gator Bowl wants us!

Old 08-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default A Week From Kickoff and 107.5 Talking About Music?

I am getting sick and tired of Jay and Michael always talking about music on 107.5. Look I know in the off season they talk about all kinds of different topics but them constantly talking about music is getting really old. I tune in to listen about sports and specifically Gamecock sports on "The Home of the Gamecocks" but they are constantly and by that I mean every single damn day talking about music. If I wanted to hear about Led Zeppelin or Robert plant I would tune into another station maybe one that you know that is supposed to cover music? I have recently just started to tune into 560 when they start all of their music talk and you know what they are always constantly talking about? You guessed it SPORTS! Who would imagine that on a sports radio station that they actually talk about sports and Gamecock sports at that.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: A Week From Kickoff and 107.5 Talking About Music?

That was irritating to me too

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Tune into 560 then because the music talk was awesome.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I don't care what 107.5 is talking about, I will not listen to 560. The day I listen to that station is the day pigs fly.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

When I lived in Columbia, the problem with that channel was it was never consistent.

You couldn't tune in at anytime and enjoy the programming. I know the syndicate a good bit...but even the local stuff was really hard to listen to at times.

There was a particular show that I felt like I was listening to a bunch of losers that never played football and always watched from the stands...try and discuss plays and go way beyond their knowledge of formations/matchups/coverages etc.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
When I lived in Columbia, the problem with that channel was it was never consistent.

You couldn't tune in at anytime and enjoy the programming. I know the syndicate a good bit...but even the local stuff was really hard to listen to at times.

There was a particular show that I felt like I was listening to a bunch of losers that never played football and always watched from the stands...try and discuss plays and go way beyond their knowledge of formations/matchups/coverages etc.
They used to have Duce Staley on the show before he went back to the NFL. I don't have a problem with Jay and Michael and think when they are actually talking about sports they do a good job it is just getting way out of hand with them constantly talking about music instead of sports. I can't believe that Brent Johnson has let this go on for this long. I actually got to meet George Kerns after he was let go by the station when Cumulus bought them and he had nothing but nice things to say about everyone at the station and I asked him about Jay and Michael always talking about music and he didn't come outright and say he thought they did it to much to but he kind of hinted around it in the nicest way he could. I just want our local sports station to actually talk about sports instead of off topic stuff and music all the time is that to much to ask?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I completely agree. I HATE it when sports radio talks about everything except sports. I don't give a rat's ass what you and some people on twitter's favorite Led Zeppelin songs are. Talk about that for 5 minutes, fine. Talk about it for 3 hours on a Friday before football season, not fine.

And on another note, all of the national shows suck worse than even the worst local show
Old 08-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #8
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

I understood the top 5 on Friday during the off season but it should have ended once SEC Media Days were completed. I can't even listen to them on the Halftime Show on Fridays anymore.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

The only sports show I can get in the afternoons around here (ON EITHER STATION AND THEY REPEAT IT), is "PAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL"

The PAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL Finnebaum show is a ****ing abomination. I should NOT have to listen to NPR during football season because my sports are polluted with that shit. You guys don't know how lucky you have it with 107.5, I miss them so much.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
The only sports show I can get in the afternoons around here (ON EITHER STATION AND THEY REPEAT IT), is "PAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL"

The PAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL Finnebaum show is a ****ing abomination. I should NOT have to listen to NPR during football season because my sports are polluted with that shit. You guys don't know how lucky you have it with 107.5, I miss them so much.
You know you can listen to them on the internet with the iheartradio app right?
Old 08-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I only listen to Heath's show. When he's on vacation though, it's back to satellite radio for me.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
You know you can listen to them on the internet with the iheartradio app right?
Not in my car
Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
Not in my car
You can't listen to it on your phone?
Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #14
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I completely agree. I HATE it when sports radio talks about everything except sports. I don't give a rat's ass what you and some people on twitter's favorite Led Zeppelin songs are. Talk about that for 5 minutes, fine. Talk about it for 3 hours on a Friday before football season, not fine.

And on another note, all of the national shows suck worse than even the worst local show
this is so true
Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #15
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28363636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

It was Robert Plant's birthday.

"Hindsight is always 50/50."
-Cam Newton
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
this is so true
Dan Patrick is alright to listen too.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #17
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejrock View Post
It was Robert Plant's birthday.
Yea so they can talk about that on a radio station that covers music. Did they devote a whole day to football on all of the music stations around the area on John Heisman's birthday?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28363636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the season doesn't start until this Thursday.

"Hindsight is always 50/50."
-Cam Newton
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
You can't listen to it on your phone?
This doesn't change the fact that the Finnebaum show is terrible
Old 08-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

What else are they supposed to talk about? Nobody is playing and nothing interesting is going on. You want them taking about uni's like us?