CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
GregoryHouse
Master Bedroom
Travelin
B-G
The Yancey
A. Pilgrim
CockFighter
Connor to be backup? (1511)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (811)
Carolina ranked #21 (566)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (547)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (462)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (370)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (317)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (300)
How would a man writ (240)
Most Impactful Peopl (162)
Most Impactful People Inv
Connor to be backup?
Greatest Gamecock Players
The Vent and Coaching cha
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Gotta get Agent 0 going
My early Monday dinner .

Old 08-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Ea sports rant

Ok so my favorite player in nfl history is dan marino. In madden 13 they added nfl legends after years of them being missing from madden, they didnt add marino for whatever reason. But what was cool is they added elway and Montana and other greats. Made them custom throwing motions and everything. And they weren't that bad. They actually kinda resembled themselves.

So I created him, did his gameface and gave him the tony romo throwing motion since it is the closest they had. I played the game for a few hours and got bored and never played it again. All that money for just a few hours of gameplay.

So yesterday I found out that they added marino to madden 25. I was pretty excited. Because they'd finally get his thorwing motion in the game and facemask that he wore. Which has never been in the game. Finally.

So I bought season ticket to try it out. First thing I did was start a career with marino. When I went to edit him they didn't have his facemask. But that was okay cause they had something close to it. I was bummed. But I was pretty excited that they probably gave him a custom throwing motion. Nope. To my surprise the had tony romo's.

So what they did was exactly what I did in 13 just gave him a custom game face.

If you're going to add legends at least make them play like they did in real life. It's not hard. All pro football 2k8 did it perfectly. Specially someone that had a arm and throwing motion like marino. Fastest arm of all time.

Regardless I fired up preseason and started to play a game. Had to skip all that garbage cut scene crap. And threw my first pass and everything looked exactly like 13. There was no change. As soon as I saw that I cut the Xbox off. Won't touch it again.

Bottom line is they are lazy as ****.

It's bad when a game made in 2005 simulates the sport of football 100xs better than a game made in 2013. Even madden 2004 plays smoother and and has way better animations than any game this gen. So sick of being forced to buy these terrible games.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ea sports rant

Pandora, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer were both greater than Dan Marino.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

You mean Pantera I think lol

and what are you playing Madden 25 on already?
Halltj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post

360 and ps3 both have had it since yesterday afternoon...early release through EA season pass (or whatever they call it).

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
360 and ps3 both have had it since yesterday afternoon...early release through EA season pass (or whatever they call it).
Oh yeah, I forgot they started doing that. I pre-ordered at GameStop so I could do the $10 upgrade to XB1.

Now I feel like I'm missing out lol
Halltj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
You mean Pantera I think lol

Yeaaaaa.

That's it.

Who cares I liked him anyway

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot they started doing that. I pre-ordered at GameStop so I could do the $10 upgrade to XB1.

Now I feel like I'm missing out lol

i went through amazon.com so i could get the nfl sunday ticket package.

i honestly don't think i'm going to have any time to play madden, so i'll probably do what i never do, and trade the game in at gamestop for credit towards the 360 version of BF4 for my son.

what do they give for brand new games? like $30 or so maybe?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1021420
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
i went through amazon.com so i could get the nfl sunday ticket package.

i honestly don't think i'm going to have any time to play madden, so i'll probably do what i never do, and trade the game in at gamestop for credit towards the 360 version of BF4 for my son.

what do they give for brand new games? like $30 or so maybe?
$9

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
$9

seriously? i'll keep it if that's the case.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Lol yalll crazy
Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
seriously? i'll keep it if that's the case.
nah, they'll give you about 30% of what they sell it for, so about $18-20, gamestop is stingy as hell now.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
nah, they'll give you about 30% of what they sell it for, so about $18-20, gamestop is stingy as hell now.
i might let it go for $20.

and seriously, i never sell games back...it's just not worth it. but with the BF4 beta coming the first of october, BF3, college football starting back up, and the X1 dropping in november, i just doubt i'm gonna have time to mess with madden.

but i do want the discounted nfl sunday ticket.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

Quote:

and seriously, i never sell games back...it's just not worth it. but with the BF4 beta coming the first of october, BF3, college football starting back up, and the X1 dropping in november, i just doubt i'm gonna have time to mess with madden.

I'd throw it on eBay and make $30-40 on it.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #14
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

Madden 13 was much much better than NFL 2k5. Really no comparison.
Tim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #15
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post

i think the argument is that WHEN the 2K franchise was in full effect, that they had the upper hand on madden.

obviously, with 6-8 years of improvements, it's hard to compare the franchises now.

fwiw, i tend to agree overall......2K losing the exclusive license (actually, exclusive licenses in general) was a bad thing. competition is always better, IMO.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #16
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:

Xbox or ps3? Sure u could get at least 30 in cocky swap
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #17
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
2k5 still to this day plays better football. The only thing madden is better in is in graphics. And yet they still aren't that good now. Have you seen the running animations in madden absolutely terrible. Actually every animation they have is pretty terrible. QB drop back animations, QB thorwing animations. Oline animations. It's all bad.

I'm not a 2k homer either because madden 2005 was great. Too. At the time I played madden 05 more than 2k5. But back then I was young and didnt know much about football.

Regardless madden 25 next gen really looks like it might be pretty good. One of my biggest things is running animations. That should be the start of every football game. Next gen madden looks to have done that well. Then go to oline and Dline. Then to wide receivers and DB interactions. Needs to be a real fight for the ball. Then, get the quarterback animations right.

Once the gameplay is good. Then add fluff. Like weekly rap up show. And that stuff.

I hope and pray madden try's to simulate that sport next gen. Instead of focusing of arcade gameplay and tournament style gameplay.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Bottom line is they are lazy as ****.
Don't blame them. Would you work to add these improvements even though people would still buy the game if you didn't?
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Don't blame them. Would you work to add these improvements even though people would still buy the game if you didn't?
Exactly man. We need another company. At least so ea will be forced to step their game up.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
So sick of being forced to buy these terrible games.
No one is forcing you to. I don't put up with it.

I am still using updated rosters from NCAA 2009 or 2010 (can't even remember now!) and it doesn't bother me at all. That is really the MAJOR change with each edition...the rosters being updated and then uniforms/stadiums.

I am going to go shell out $60 for a duplicate of what I bought the year before and everyone else shouldn't either. Problem is, people are addicted to "having the new copy" and contribute to the problems they end up bitching about the most!

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote