CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > High School Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
AtlGAMECOCK
The Yancey
Nick29321
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1470)
The Field (1400)
Spurrier winning at (1073)
I hope Coach Spurrie (966)
One of the great thi (899)
Anyone watching pti (868)
Defensive Backfield (801)
GAME (749)
Death in the family (673)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (635)
Conflict with Aggies on t
SportsCenter NOW
Finbaum Jogs on USC campu
Parking Help
GAME
The 3-4
Toughest stadium in the n
mike Davis comparison
Sothern Cal DB injures hi
****Official 2014 Gamecoc

Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material
Default Ware Shoals Stadium?

I have never been to Ware Shoals, but Friday night Newberry travels over there to open the season. How big is the visitors side of the stadium?

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ware Shoals Stadium?

Not very big, but no smaller than most 1A/2A schools - but one of the more unique / old-school stadiums around. Coached a JV game there in '98. Their gym is quite a throwback too. If I recall, on a fast-break you'd better pull-up cause at one end there's the stairs going down to the locker rooms at the end of the court.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
Not very big, but no smaller than most 1A/2A schools - but one of the more unique / old-school stadiums around. Coached a JV game there in '98. Their gym is quite a throwback too. If I recall, on a fast-break you'd better pull-up cause at one end there's the stairs going down to the locker rooms at the end of the court.
Thanks, Newberry usually travels really well, and coming off a trip to the upper state finals with a preseason #2 ranking in some polls, I figure we will bring a huge crowd. I might take a chair with me just to be safe, we have had a few road games where there were not enough seats on the visitor side in the last 2 seasons.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
Thanks, Newberry usually travels really well, and coming off a trip to the upper state finals with a preseason #2 ranking in some polls, I figure we will bring a huge crowd. I might take a chair with me just to be safe, we have had a few road games where there were not enough seats on the visitor side in the last 2 seasons.
Sounds like a solid plan. It's a unique configuration with the hybrid football/baseball stadium.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

It's a crappy stadium, just sits out in the outfield of the baseball field
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
It's a crappy stadium, just sits out in the outfield of the baseball field
I figured it wouldn't be a high end stadium, but stadiums like this are a throwback to days gone by. Since Newberry has moved down to 2A, I have seen some of the more throwback stadiums in the state.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Enterance is one of the best...come out of an old field house with smoke running down stairs with fireworks and music. It's a pretty cool entrance for a small school if you ask me.

They have some pretty good athletes too.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
Enterance is one of the best...come out of an old field house with smoke running down stairs with fireworks and music. It's a pretty cool entrance for a small school if you ask me.

They have some pretty good athletes too.
They do have some athletes for a 1A school. Newberry played them last year at Newberry and they just didn't have the size to match up. I don't know if they will this year, Newberry has some big boys again.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Yea, they are still kinda small IMO so they will have that same problem.

Back in 2007-2009 they had some of the best HS athletes I have seen at any school.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

Quote:

Back in 2007-2009 they had some of the best HS athletes I have seen at any school.
And I hear their top player is still getting over a torn ACL. The tackles for Newberry are 6'6 290 and 6'4 320, with 3 or 4 receivers over 6'4, so we have some size again this year.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #11
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:

I was at the Ware Shoals/Williston-Elko game in 09. The level of talent on the field for a 1A game was outstanding.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #12
USCooper
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

The lighting is terrible tol
USCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #13
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCooper View Post
The lighting is terrible tol
So it would be like going to a Clemson game?
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #14
USCooper
Banned

Male

USCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot materialUSCooper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
So it would be like going to a Clemson game?
Ya tons of rednecks. Pretty similar.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #15
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100302
chi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudlychi3fcocksman is crowing loudly

Terrible homer reffs..
Old 08-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #16
USCooper
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi3fcocksman View Post
Terrible homer reffs..
The time keeper is the worst. Against 96 a few years back they keep running the clock after incomplete passes on a late drive when 96 was trying to score. The refs just acted oblivious to it.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #17
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

If memory serves me correctly (I could be thinking of Calhoun Falls), I played a game there back in my high school days. I remember a very tight sideline, I'm sure it's worse now that they actually try to enforce the two yard perimeter barrier. We also had issues with the chain gang and time keeper that game. Good athletes, though.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
And I hear their top player is still getting over a torn ACL. The tackles for Newberry are 6'6 290 and 6'4 320, with 3 or 4 receivers over 6'4, so we have some size again this year.
Yea, he is a difference maker.

They have a few guys 5'10+ playing DB and what not that are athletic.

I think it will be a good game.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
RPM
Walk On

Male

RPM has hatched from the shell

I played on that farm land for 2 of my four years at AHS during the '80's. Still the same.
RPM is offline   Reply With Quote