CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2162)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1587)
Spurrier weekly pres (1445)
This would be awesom (953)
How is Shaq Davidson (774)
McConaughey cast as (541)
Perspective on our g (516)
SEC referees? (368)
Defense and offense (356)
Currently 2nd in att (333)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 08-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default New coffee maker

So this morning I fix up my Mr. Coffee and hit the brew button. Nothing happens. I check the cords and outlets but the thing is just plain dead. It was a cheap model and lasted about 3 years so I guess that is OK. I've been shopping around and looking at Consumer Reports and I decided on a Keurig. Suckers are expensive though. I was about to just give up and head to WallyWorld for another cheapo when I got this deal via e-mail. I shop at Kohls a lot and have one of their credit cards so it was an easy checkout for me. The machine came with 12 K-cups and I ordered an additional 18 K-cup pack of Emeril's coffee. After the discounts and the $20 back in Kohls cash the bottom line was $86 + tax. Free shipping. I normally blend my own morning pitcher of half regular, half decaf, and 1 scoop of chicory. I'll get one of the reusable brew cups so I can still use my blend. I'm not sure how long the deal is good for but you can get it here if interested. http://www.bradsdeals.com?tid=840566.

DISCLAIMER: Brads deals is one of the best deal sites I have found. I also get a little kickback as an affiliate. :)

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: New coffee maker

I swear by my Keurig. I love it! It's great because I only need single servings and always end up pouring it out when I make a whole pot. Very quick and easy and the varieties of K cups are great.

When you get your machine also be sure to register it on the Keurig website. When you purchase 2 24 packs from them you get an additional 2 24 packs free.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Thanks for that heads up!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

my wife loves hers as I don't drink coffee and she gets up after I leave.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
my wife loves hers as I don't drink coffee and she gets up after I leave.

They have tea and hot chocolate K cups if you don't like coffee.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 AM   #6
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Everybody around me has a Keurig. You know what we're still using? A Farberware perculator that we got at Sears about 10 years ago. The thing still works great, but I know that perculating coffee is the worst way to make it. My daughter works at Starbucks so I hear that all of the time. Lol. I'd like to eventually get a Keurig, but I'm in no rush at the moment.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:48 AM   #7
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 1048000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/single-...er-49980z.html

I have this, and it's absolutely awesome. Gives you the option of either a single cup or however much of a pot you want to brew. You can also set the clock and programmable timer to begin brewing as your alarm goes off for a full pot once you're showered and dressed. Or set the single-cup side to begin about 15-20 minutes later as you're getting dressed. All you have to do is pre-fill with water, fill the filter, set the timer, and go to bed.... your coffee will be ready when you are in the morning.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:02 AM   #8
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

I did forget to mention that I have a radio with a built in timer mounted underneath the cabinet where the perculator sits so we can plug the perculator up to it and set it to go on and off whenver we want. That is convenient.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #9
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

The main thing you need for making good coffee is a burr grinder. It is a separate appliance. Most of the drip makers with built in grinders use the blades.

We have a cusinart drip maker that is satisfacory. It is getting old now so we may need to buy another one soon.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000420
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Every once in a while Target will have a deal that if you buy 3 certain boxes of K-cups, you get a $5 gift card (basically $5 off).

Also, the cheapest K-cups seem to be San Franciso Bay and Eight O'Clock. If you have a Costco close by (not sure about Sam's club), I've seen SFB K-cups for as little as $0.31 apiece....of course, you have to buy like a box of 80 but still a great price.

If I can find other brands for $0.50 apiece, I feel like I've found a good deal. Usually they are about $0.60.

If you get a chance, try to find Cafe Escapes Chai Latte and try it out. I found them at Target. Tastes like Christmas to me

Last edited by IMACOCK; 08-28-2013 at 12:08 AM.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I also get the Archer Farms (aka Target brand) K cups sometimes and they are cheap and aren't bad.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Still using my Mr.Coffee coffee pot that I got about 10 years ago. The thing still works well too. I can easily drink a pot of coffee in a morning so I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Everybody around me has a Keurig. You know what we're still using? A Farberware perculator that we got at Sears about 10 years ago. The thing still works great, but I know that perculating coffee is the worst way to make it. My daughter works at Starbucks so I hear that all of the time. Lol. I'd like to eventually get a Keurig, but I'm in no rush at the moment.
She can give you her markout every once in a while, 12-pack of kcups/week for me, between that and work 5 days a week it's more than I need. The keureg is awesome
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

You can also get the attachment that is like a reusable cup that you put ground coffee into then it goes in the keureg. A lb of coffee goes a long way like that
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote