CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2054)
Have you ever been s (1262)
Tennessee Offense Br (807)
Key for 2015 defense (762)
Women's Team Ranked (508)
This season and recr (439)
Skai Moore out for U (426)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (412)
Lebron makes Clevela (340)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (231)
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 08-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly
Default My fears are calmed

On the way home tonight from watching "The World's End (very funny! I suggest you go see it)," I was listening to the local sports radio here in Atlanta. Before I got out of the car, I caught a nice long convo with a TV anchor from NC who was talking about their O-line... Well, they have 2 starters from last year squad, and one of the positions that is filled with a freshman body is Right Tackle... that individual will have the "Welcome to college football" moment ALL NIGHT LONG going against Clowney... I honestly think that our front 4 will have a field day, and that will allow our DBs and LBs to show out and stretch their legs. It may be close, but I like our odds in this game.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
TucockShakur
Walk On

Male

TucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his comb
Default Re: My fears are calmed

Clowney goes up against the left tackle, not the right.
TucockShakur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #3
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

either way, they are young, its feeding time.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
TroubleCock
Blue Chip

Male

TroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucockShakur View Post
Clowney goes up against the left tackle, not the right.
Clowney goes up against whoever he is lined up against. He will be moving around, even on the inside. And he will play some snaps from LB position.
I get tired of seeing the NC fans think clowney will be lined up against there one good OL all game. each OL will get a taste of cowney, and the qb will never know where is coming from .
TroubleCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #5
TucockShakur
Walk On

Male

TucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his combTucockShakur is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleCock View Post
Clowney goes up against whoever he is lined up against. He will be moving around, even on the inside. And he will play some snaps from LB position.
I get tired of seeing the NC fans think clowney will be lined up against there one good OL all game. each OL will get a taste of cowney, and the qb will never know where is coming from .
You are correct. He often goes inside against a guard, or against a tight end, or is double teamed. Going against the right guard wont happen very often though, if at all.
TucockShakur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Don't care how much experience their Oline has. Either way, it's going to be a long night for them.. I doubt they have faced any line as good as ours. Clowney, Sutton, Quarles and JT. You can't emulate that with a scout team. They are not prepared for what will go down Thursday night.

Deke has coached under Fedora the past 4 years. That's got to be an advantage for our DLine.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #7
CocksB2BChamps24
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 800
CocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot materialCocksB2BChamps24 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CocksB2BChamps24

On the plus side, I agree with you about The World's End.

3-0 in Eath Valley.
1996. 2010. 2012.
CocksB2BChamps24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #8
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

We line up Clowney against their RT for the first play of the game. The RT slept well the night before because he knew all of the eyes would be on the LT/RDE matchup. He never dreamed of this. He questions his faith. Everyone is confused. UNC calls a timeout. We line back up. Clowney is still at LDE. The ball is snapped. The RT pees his pants and Clowney whooshes by him to get a sack and a fumble. Vic Hampton was blitzing from the QBs blindside. He grabs the fumble and takes it to the house. The crowd goes wild.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #9
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1918547116
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

Even if he doesn't face Clowney, our RDE will flatten him.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #10
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

The RT is Jon Heck. The matchup between him and Sutton is one of my five to watch this week. If Sutton struggles I would worry. I doubt he will though.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #11
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

The problem for UNC is that you can listen to talk on the radio and TV about how good our line is, you can watch tape and try and anticipate what it is going to be like. And then you have to experience it!! By the time you come to your senses, you have lost the game.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #12
fns2020
Recruit

Male

fns2020 has hatched from the shell

My question is...................how many times will Clowney be held and how often will it be called?
fns2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #13
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fns2020 View Post
My question is...................how many times will Clowney be held and how often will it be called?
I hope the NCAA gave notice to the officials to watch for holding this season. The Michigan game was ridiculous. Lewan was grabbing Clowney's dreadlocks to hold him for Christ's sakes. Then everyone was like "Oh wow Luwan is great." Ya, easy to look great as a LT when you can hold your assignment with impunity.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #14
McBrain
Walk On

Male

McBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by fns2020 View Post
With all the hype JD has gotten this off-season, I would hope that the officials would be smart enough to pay him some special attention...I'm thinking Jordan in Game 6 of the '98 Finals attention.
McBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #15
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaze7683 View Post
On the way home tonight from watching "The World's End (very funny! I suggest you go see it)," I was listening to the local sports radio here in Atlanta. Before I got out of the car, I caught a nice long convo with a TV anchor from NC who was talking about their O-line... Well, they have 2 starters from last year squad, and one of the positions that is filled with a freshman body is Right Tackle... that individual will have the "Welcome to college football" moment ALL NIGHT LONG going against Clowney... I honestly think that our front 4 will have a field day, and that will allow our DBs and LBs to show out and stretch their legs. It may be close, but I like our odds in this game.
Good to know about worlds end , and about their o-line
Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #16
reddot8481
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200
reddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot materialreddot8481 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
I hope the NCAA gave notice to the officials to watch for holding this season. The Michigan game was ridiculous. Lewan was grabbing Clowney's dreadlocks to hold him for Christ's sakes. Then everyone was like "Oh wow Luwan is great." Ya, easy to look great as a LT when you can hold your assignment with impunity.
My fave was when they kept highlighting the matchup only to show Lewan grabbing his face mask, and in fact had him dragging him down by it at least twice.
Carolina eu preciso te falar
Ô Carolina eu vou amar você
reddot8481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I want to see what UNC does when Whammy pulls out the rabbit package.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 21018809
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

I'm confident in our defense.

In our offense, not so much.

Last edited by Mr.101; 08-26-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #19
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

sutton should eat that kid up. this could be a seriously ridiculous breakout game for sutton. i expect quarles and surratt to have big nights as well.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Don't care how much experience their Oline has. Either way, it's going to be a long night for them.. I doubt they have faced any line as good as ours. Clowney, Sutton, Quarles and JT. You can't emulate that with a scout team. They are not prepared for what will go down Thursday night.

Deke has coached under Fedora the past 4 years. That's got to be an advantage for our DLine.

Could also be an advantage for Fedora. He knows Deke's style and how to attack it.