CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
catdaddy66
GregoryHouse
JaxcockFL
doubledribble
SMOTFS86
Cockhornleghorn
B-G
Regalcock
JerseyBird
2014 Subway Classic: (2117)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1612)
Former Gamecock root (1454)
Franks boy's are pla (1312)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Has the window close (661)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (595)
Bruce!!! (589)
Kentucky is dominati (566)
Question for those w (471)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Decommitment from Texas A
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
Has the window closed for
The Vent and Coaching cha
Bruce!!!
Franks boy's are playing
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Question for those who ha

Old 08-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
copperbeech69
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 349
copperbeech69 has hatched from the shell
Default so close yet feels so far away...

This week at work is going to be so long!!! very stinky feeling to be here right now...

Can't wait for Thursday, to come along. Just thought i'd ask what everyones plans are for gameday? I have work from 730-12 and am flying back to my house to get tailgating supplies ready and then am getting my butt to the fairgrounds (have a spot purchased). Very exciting time, just oh so ansty for it to finally to be here!!

Go cocks!
copperbeech69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: so close yet feels so far away...

I'm off til next Monday, I'm not sure what to do for the next 3 days. I've been watching Gamecock youtube clips so far today. ARGH!

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Live in Banner Elk / Boone area. Taking 13 year old out of school (they started two weeks ago) at 11:30am Thursday (she'll get credit for being there all day that way) and leaving town BY NOON. Stopping off in Hickory, NC to pick up my 80 year old mom and dad - and heading to the University House parking that we have.

Should be there after pit stops for wings and drinks - by 4:30pm (wish I could get there earlier). I'll down some quick wings and suds and head into the stadium around 5pm and be in my seats to enjoy the ambiance THAT IS Willy B.

After the game, we'll chill on more suds and wings for an hour to let the traffic die down and then head to the hotel.

Man I hope that we come out firing on all cylinders. A game something like the USC/Georgia game last season when we jumped on them early and often would be great. Unlike the Georgia game I'd like to see the pedal to the metal the whole time. A real beat down of the Tarheels would be awesome. While I think it will be a strangely close game that we win something like 27-20 - I HOPE we dog them more like 38-10.

The only thing that will make THAT outcome EVEN BETTER is if and when Georgia kicks Clemtech's asses!

So what - let the Dawg's have some confidence going into that next week.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I was thinking of pulling my daughter out of school (they have been in for a month in ATL) and heading over...decisions, decisions.

on the bright side, the last couple of weeks have seemed to go by quickly for me, hope this week is the same.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Having some non gamecock fans over to the place and making some food and drinking some alcohol. I hope the women will keep it down..
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
I was thinking of pulling my daughter out of school (they have been in for a month in ATL) and heading over...decisions, decisions.

on the bright side, the last couple of weeks have seemed to go by quickly for me, hope this week is the same.

Yea G&B - we're pretty heavily focused on education in my family - but priorities ARE priorities and my straight A student is missing one-half day Thursday and Friday so that we can hang around Columbia for the next day a bit. She's getting the work ahead of time so that she can turn it in Monday first thing.

My (19) year old is in her FIRST days of her Sophomore year at Virginia Tech and unfortunately her FIRST classes are mandatory Architectural Studio Class and Lectures that won't allow this diehard Lady Gamecock to make this game. She's DYING about it...and made me promise to Skype her often during the game.

Pull the kid and let 'em go! ;-)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Having some non gamecock fans over to the place and making some food and drinking some alcohol. I hope the women will keep it down..

In my house...women being loud or even talking in a manner that affects the focus and listening pleasure during a Gamecock football game is reason for immediate eviction from the room. Multiple issues could lead to more severe penalty ;-)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
In my house...women being loud or even talking in a manner that affects the focus and listening pleasure during a Gamecock football game is reason for immediate eviction from the room. Multiple issues could lead to more severe penalty ;-)
dude im the same way. I get in fights every gameday cause the girls wont shut the f up
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
dude im the same way. I get in fights every gameday cause the girls wont shut the f up

That just means that you have some growing to do in terms of the influence that you have over your domain ;-)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

My wife is only allowed to be in the room during the game to take drink/food orders. Period.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Old 08-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

Quote:
That just means that you have some growing to do in terms of the influence that you have over your domain ;-)
Well its my mom. Lol. My girlfriend watches football and likes it. But they get to talkin man. Jeez. Its crazy.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbeech69 View Post
This week at work is going to be so long!!! very stinky feeling to be here right now...

Can't wait for Thursday, to come along. Just thought i'd ask what everyones plans are for gameday? I have work from 730-12 and am flying back to my house to get tailgating supplies ready and then am getting my butt to the fairgrounds (have a spot purchased). Very exciting time, just oh so ansty for it to finally to be here!!

Go cocks!
Be here before you know it. It feels like it gets here faster at 10 days out and it's only 4 now.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Skipping both my afternoon and evening class (stupid central time zone) so I can be back in front of my television before 5, and I can watch the game in isolation.
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Rooster2007
2 deep

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Rooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming in

Wow. Makes me feel very lucky that my girlfriend takes the game as seriously as I do, if not more...
Rooster2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

I have three short days full of work so it will pass quickly. In fact I HAVE to close this browser because I'm so excited I've been on this too long today!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Guys it's okay.... I control the remote.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockypanther View Post
Guys it's okay.... I control the remote.

I was looking ALL OVER THE PLACE for that thing.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
cockypanther
Banned

Male

I will be recording the game too so anything I miss the first time I will pick up when I rewatch it.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
Cocky g
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocky g has earned his spursCocky g has earned his spursCocky g has earned his spursCocky g has earned his spursCocky g has earned his spursCocky g has earned his spurs

Counting down the hours till kickoff 3 days GO GAMECOCKS
Cocky g is offline   Reply With Quote