CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
GarnetBlack&Blue
2000grad
b381l
JerseyBird
gromweat
Acockolypse Now
NinjaSven
WeStill0wnUSC
Ahmad
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (2068)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1685)
Cack's Toast of the (1658)
Uniform thread (1599)
Rankings (1483)
3-4 "D" Ke (1273)
Update: Brison Willi (1118)
Will Devin ever suit (1059)
Over reacting? (492)
Keeping 2015 together!
3-4 "D" Keep it
Recruiting Question
No Fun League Strikes Aga
Uniform thread
2016 - Rozelle Nix
College Football Live
Update: Brison Williams i
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Spurrier Presser

Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly
Default David Johnson

At 6'1" 268 as a true freshman, do y'all think Johnson stays at DE or a year or two down the road you think he grows into a DT? Seems like he could easily get up to around 280, and with his quickness & low center of gravity I think he could be an absolute terror on the interior line. Plus we will (if our 2015 recruiting class holds up) hopefully be pretty stacked at DE for awhile. Thoughts?
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: David Johnson

Yeah could happen. I see him more as a pass rusher though at least right now. Down the road I can see him being used in a similar way as we used Melvin Ingram. He is ahead a bit ahead of Melvin physically. Melvin I think had better hands though. I don't know if Johnson is ever going to be on the hands team. lol.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I'm thinking DT. On recruitment, I thought a move to a jumbo MLB was in the works, but apparently they saw more potential in the front and moved him up. He doesn't fit our latest mold of tall, fast DE's (nor does Dixon), but if he continues to bulk-up, he might just be a tough, mobile inside guy.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

kinda reminds me of norwood with his size and speed
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
At 6'1" 268 as a true freshman, do y'all think Johnson stays at DE or a year or two down the road you think he grows into a DT? Seems like he could easily get up to around 280, and with his quickness & low center of gravity I think he could be an absolute terror on the interior line. Plus we will (if our 2015 recruiting class holds up) hopefully be pretty stacked at DE for awhile. Thoughts?
My understanding is that he was being groomed for DT all along and was told he would be the next Melvin.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
My understanding is that he was being groomed for DT all along and was told he would be the next Melvin.
Awesome thanks for the info. I could definitely see him growing into an Ingram-esque type of role.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

David Johnson has a mean streak. He is a natural tackler. That is going to make him a huge asset moving forward wherever he lines up. He wants to hit.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Overcame a lot of adversity to get where he is.
Nose to the stone and good muscle = beast in the making.
Ronald, please don't forget what I asked you to do.
We gotta maintain the legacy of the monsters of Willy B.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Think he could end up a steal from GA.
He and Gerald Turner could be in the mold of an Ingram/Norwood.
Maybe not every down rushers, but I could see them being in on the rabbit package on the inside.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, he's a guy we can use on the edge and then move inside when we need to.