CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Lonnie
Spurticus
garnet_black215
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
MWard
TAFC 5 1981
Another A&M aggi (2599)
Green and Lammons (2289)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (672)
Dawg DL man arrested (616)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (589)
Nashville (427)
Georgia DE Jonathan (378)
Texags (373)
Green and Lammons
Jake Coker
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Gamecocks taken in the 20
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
The Believer
2015 - Mon Denson
Texags
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off

Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Deli

What are some of your deli favorites? It can be places, cuts of meats, sides, etc.

I personally love beef tongue and turkey with cole slaw and Russian dressing on rye bread. This of course being accompanied by potato salad.

A really good deli in SC is Gruby's NY Deli in HHI. I think there is also one in Bluffton near that old people's community..

Kenny and Ziggy's is a fantastic kosher deli in Houston.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
klempsux
So down with OPP

Male

CockyCash: 531
klempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot materialklempsux is USC mascot material
Default Re: Deli

I'm partial to No Name (Marion and Elmwood) and Hampton Place Cafe (Hampton and Sumter basically) in Cola.
klempsux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
Spurman15
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his combSpurman15 is developing his comb

Went to NYC last weekend, stayed in Queens and I ate a greek deli, can't remember the name of the deli but it was awesome!!!

"I am not a desert but a SANDSTORM builds within me"
Spurman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by klempsux View Post
I'm partial to No Name (Marion and Elmwood) and Hampton Place Cafe (Hampton and Sumter basically) in Cola.
No Name was always packed during lunch when I lived in Columbia, never ate anything from there but I used to work in an office across Elmwood from there and would be sent over there to pick up lunch for the people in the office so often that the lady who handled the pick up orders knew me by name.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
Gearhead
Fine Tuning..The Future

Male

CockyCash: 160510
Gearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot materialGearhead is USC mascot material

Pelham Deli at 14 and Pelham has amazing specials and pasta. (Greenville, SC)
Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly

I like No Name as well, but I only get to eat there maybe once a year these days. I love the roast beef on Jewish rye.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 682
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Here in Myrtle, I'm fond of Toffinos, Dagwoods, and maybe the best kept secret (or maybe not), Manny's Deli. Manny's is as NYC as you'll get down here but beware. It's cash only.

I'm all about an Italian, lots of mayo, with plenty of oil and vinegar.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/229/1099...s-Myrtle-Beach
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
cockypanther
Banned

Male

cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

While I do like an Italian deli, there is nothing that can beat a kosher deli.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

There's a place in Charleston called Ted's Butcher Block that has fantastic meats, cheeses, and prepared foods for sale. They have about 15 different kinds of bacon in full slabs and they'll cut to order at whatever thickness you want. Their steaks and sandwiches are pretty awesome.

I like some good chicken salad. I'm kinda picky though. Not too much mayo, not too many nuts/grapes/raisins. I really like the chicken salad from The Fresh Market, but we don't have one in Charleston.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

jasons deli..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurman15 View Post
Went to NYC last weekend, stayed in Queens and I ate a greek deli, can't remember the name of the deli but it was awesome!!!
Best deli sandwich I've ever had was in NYC!

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #12
cockypanther
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Best deli sandwich I've ever had was in NYC!
Do you remember where you went? I know deli shops up in that area are a dime a dozen. I've been to a couple in NY and one in NJ and I have no problems paying $15 bucks for a sandwich of that quality.