CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
ZenUSC
gamecock88
Yearofthegamecock
jrussjr
cockybusiness2
LeeSC
GSC2013
Kentucky prediction (1802)
Just Booked my Hotel (1213)
Best position coach (640)
So What? (630)
The New Idea That'll (511)
Waldrop doubtful for (392)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (340)
So What? (219)
We Have A New KO Guy (215)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (200)
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Build a New Stadium
The New Idea That'll Fix
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
We Have A New KO Guy
4th & 1 Play
Kentucky prediction
Dylan Thompson looks brok
Just Booked my Hotel for
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2

Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Lee Corso on CFB Live

Apparently he isn't the Lee Corso of old, since he had his stroke. I mean, good job on him getting through it and getting back on the show. He really makes that show IMHO.

Granted I used to hate this guy with a passion with all of the negativity he spat about Spurrier and South Carolina but....

On that note, if we win the SEC this year..I still want to see him crawl across the field at The Brice to apologize and congratulate Spurrier!

Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lee Corso on CFB Live

Yes, make his old ass crawl!!
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I think he should be admired for the way he worked hard after his stroke to get back on the show. Yeah, there were slips and he got stuck sometimes, but thats a tough spot to be in and he should be admired for the work he did. He has also been the face of GameDay with the mascot picks. People tune into the last 5 minutes just to see that.

His time is probably coming to an end soon for broadcasting. And people shouldnt take him too seriously.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

He won't make it and SOS knows it and will give him a reprieve.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

He never seemed quite with it anyway, and I was never impressed by his knowledge of the game, but I do enjoy his theatrics when he picks his winners.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I think he should be admired for the way he worked hard after his stroke to get back on the show. Yeah, there were slips and he got stuck sometimes, but thats a tough spot to be in and he should be admired for the work he did. He has also been the face of GameDay with the mascot picks. People tune into the last 5 minutes just to see that.

His time is probably coming to an end soon for broadcasting. And people shouldnt take him too seriously.
You have a good point there. Hell, I admire him for surviving the stroke, My dad passed away due to having one. It sucks to see him struggle on the show but after what he's been through I have got a lot of respect for the man, that's why if he makes a mistake on the show I'm not one to hold it against him, now if he never had that stroke then I'd still really not like him.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Lee Corso on CFB Live

He sure was in good health to jump up and down on the sideline last year when FLA beat us.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

If he crawled across the field after we win the SEC this year, he'd die somewhere between the 45 yard lines...
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNGolf View Post
If he crawled across the field after we win the SEC this year, he'd die somewhere between the 45 yard lines...

That is giving Corso a lot of credit.

Do you know how far 45 yards is to crawl?

Well, yeah of course it is exactly 45-yds but you know what I mean.

shit, men twenty years younger than him would die around the 55-yard line
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
That is giving Corso a lot of credit.

Do you know how far 45 yards is to crawl?

Well, yeah of course it is exactly 45-yds but you know what I mean.

shit, men twenty years younger than him would die around the 55-yard line
Todd? Is that you?
JNGolf is offline   Reply With Quote