CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
rosstheboss
markymark550
Transmaniacon
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3226)
The Defense (2052)
**USC Women vs. San (2021)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1994)
Women's soccer Sweet (1601)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1164)
USC/clemson spread (873)
In case no one saw.. (809)
injury report? (708)
Odell Becham Catch (348)
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2014 Charleston Classic:
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Fly_over tomorrow?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material
Default official kickoff time?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but what is the TV coverage going to be like?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: official kickoff time?

Ok...seriously????

Here you go...ESPN 6 pm.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Who is playing?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Unknit
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Ok...seriously????

Here you go...ESPN 6 pm.
Actually, a lot of people I know actually think kickoff is at 7 or 8. I guess people are just used to.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

29 August 2013 @1800 on ESPN
Old 08-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Well done...now everyone will be confused because very few know how to convert that LOL.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Who is playing?
University of Northern Colorado vs Southern California I believe.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Wow guys. I wanted the exact kickoff time and whether or not 2001 would be aired after 6 or before... thanks for the snark bombs though.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Wow guys. I wanted the exact kickoff time and whether or not 2001 would be aired after 6 or before... thanks for the snark bombs though.
Snark bombs….I like it
Old 08-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Come on! 1800 AM or PM??!!!????!?!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Then perhaps a more specific question with the information above would have been in order, instead of the generic question you posed.

I mean really...you ask for kickoff time and TV coverage the day before the game, and don't expect snarky remarks? C'mon man!

That's just as bad as the "what channel is the game going to be on if you have (insert cable provider here)" threads.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknit View Post
Come on! 1800 AM or PM??!!!????!?!

There is no such thing as AM or PM in military time. Just 1800

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

Old 08-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

wait...is this a baseball game?

LOL
Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
There is no such thing as AM or PM in military time. Just 1800
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #15
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
haha
Old 08-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

Quote:
Then perhaps a more specific question with the information above would have been in order, instead of the generic question you posed.

I mean really...you ask for kickoff time and TV coverage the day before the game, and don't expect snarky remarks? C'mon man!

That's just as bad as the "what channel is the game going to be on if you have (insert cable provider here)" threads.
Actually, the title says "official kickoff time" and I asked what the TV coverage would be like. I didn't ask what channel and time. But if that's how you read it, let me be more specific: is there a to-the-minute kickoff time? Will 2001 be shown at 6PM on the nose?

I can see this aint no mid-MAY CT atmosphere anymore.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Jim Lahey
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:

Hey man, I didn't know the exact time either... I must not be a REAL fan
Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:

He asked for the official kick off time, not when the TV coverage starts. He asked what TV coverage would be like. His question was legitimate.

All of us know ESPN starts this thing at 6 pm. However, the Super Bowl also starts at 6 pm (kick off is around 6:30), the MLB All Star game coverage begins at 5 pm (first pitch after 5:30) so I think his question is legitimate.

I work on the west coast so I will still be working at 3 (6 pm EST). It's helpful to me to know if ESPN is starting the coverage at 3 and the game isn't kicking off until 3:30 my time. If there's anything I've learned from sports, it's that the TV coverage and kickoff time, esp for the first CFB game of the season, aren't the same.

His question was a legit one and I don't think the snarky comments were needed either. Any idiot with a computer or TV can see when the coverage starts. That's NOT the same as the kickoff time.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Since there is a game right behind ours, my guess would be an intro at 6 PM, then probably 2:30 of commercials, :30 of chatter when they come back, then kickoff. Maybe 6:05 PM?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
TroubleCock
Blue Chip

Male

TroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his comb

they usually skip 2001 on espn. and kickoff is usually 6:07 or 7 minutes after usually
Closed Thread