CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Handsome_Dabo
Acockolypse Now
Aggie96
spareparts
SuperCockMaster
thekob
The Yancey
johnnyb
SEC East QB's Ranked (1340)
The bane of our seas (1322)
Ward wants us to pla (1047)
OBC banner being add (939)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (921)
Who scores the first (610)
Davis Playing in A&a (552)
Come and get your Jo (444)
All garnet for Thurs (420)
CFB Playoff Bracket (409)
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
Who scores the first touc
Tanner McEvoy Starting QB
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Aggie looking forward to
Davis Playing in A&M
As things currently stand
The bane of our season
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
CFB Playoff Bracket predi

Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CockyCash: 100500
CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material
Default What will ESPN call us?

I was just browsing a UNC forum and read a post about what abbreviation ESPN will use for us. So it started me thinking -- is ESPN going to call UNC 'Carolina' for the whole game? Oh, man, that would suck.

And before anyone else says it, ESPN hates us. ;)
Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly
Default Re: What will ESPN call us?

They were pretty even-handed with it during the super regional, avoiding "Carolina" entirely. Sometimes they slipped up, but from what I recall, they made that mistake with both schools. I wager we'll be called "USC" a lot more than we usually are.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
They were pretty even-handed with it during the super regional, avoiding "Carolina" entirely. Sometimes they slipped up, but from what I recall, they made that mistake with both schools. I wager we'll be called "USC" a lot more than we usually are.
That's good to hear. I can deal with USC as long as they don't spend the whole game calling THEM Carolina.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Dude! We are SOUTH CAROLINA............... And before you say you're not a dude......get with the lingo, it's acceptable.
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

At the end of the game they will call us WINNERS!

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

I've noticed ESPN has been calling us USC a lot more lately.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Dude! We are SOUTH CAROLINA............... And before you say you're not a dude......get with the lingo, it's acceptable.
I live in the baby blue north, so I spend every football season explaining that, yes, I pull for Carolina, and NO, I do not mean the baby blue one.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

Damn Yancey...you beat me to it.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

I like when Rece Davis or others call us "cocky" I think it sounds cool
Old 08-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #10
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksfanNC View Post
I live in the baby blue north, so I spend every football season explaining that, yes, I pull for Carolina, and NO, I do not mean the baby blue one.
I understand.........I live in Charlotte !
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #11
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksfanNC View Post
I was just browsing a UNC forum and read a post about what abbreviation ESPN will use for us. So it started me thinking -- is ESPN going to call UNC 'Carolina' for the whole game? Oh, man, that would suck.

And before anyone else says it, ESPN hates us. ;)

The best team in the Carolinas.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

WE ARE CAROLINA
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #13
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I hope they don't play up that "right to be called Carolina" like they did in the baseball series...it got old real fast.

Just call us "daddy Carolina" and the others Jr.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #14
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

They are in Columbia, they had better say Carolina if they want to make it out.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #15
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
That's what I'm talking about,
As long as they call us "Winner' at thee end of the game, I'm ok.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #16
TheShelbySensation
Walk On

Male

TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly

Daddy.
TheShelbySensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

It'll be UNC and USC during the game.

Stuart Scott just declared on ESPN "it's the battle of the Carolina's, tho we all know who the real Carolina is".
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #18
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

During the super regional the announcers tried not to use just the word "Carolina" the whole game.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #19
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
It'll be UNC and USC during the game.

Stuart Scott just declared on ESPN "it's the battle of the Carolina's, tho we all know who the real Carolina is".
well he is a Tarheel

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #20
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Just heard something interesting on SportsCenter.

Stuart Scott: So who is the real Carolina? We know the answer to that, but it's South Carolina vs. North Carolina at 6:00 ET...blah blah blah.

Not sure what he meant by that.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote