CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
gadeneer1986
Latt7more
B-G
b381l
HeadCockFan
Grit_And_Steel
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (1015)
Rest of the season p (999)
Why is everyone anti (775)
Let us clarify some (740)
Tennessee kickoff an (713)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (713)
Just thought of some (700)
Is Clowney back toni (570)
How did we not make (492)
Holiday desserts
Roll call for Auburn
Garber vs Klinsmann round
Williams and Mitch
Miss St. defense
Thoughts on the basketbal
How do you want Auburn to
Why is everyone anticipat
Just thought of something
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 08-29-2013, 02:58 AM   #1
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material
Default No sleep for me tonight.

I have watched John Roche drive the baseline with the ability to pass off shoot and literally tear any defense apart. I watched as Kevin Joyce at 6 foot 3 out jumped Lee Dedmond a 6 foot 10 power forward for UNC and tip it to Tom Owens for an ACC championship. I have watched in amazement as big George Rogers ran past, through, and over defenders on his way to a Heisman trophy. I've seen the smoothest most accurate jump shooter ever as Alex English would shoot the ball with such deadly accuracy. I've seen Jeff Grantz make plays from the QB position that got him labeled as superman. I've seen the unjust treatment we received from the ACC. After watching all of that and being born a Gamecock, I don't think I have ever been as excited as I am right now about our football team this year. The back to back in the college world series will be something, as will all the other moments above I have mentioned, I take to my grave. But this is gonna be something special this year folks, I feel it. So I doubt I get much sleep tonight, this year could pass everything that I have listed as the most exciting thing to ever happen to us Gamecocks. Enjoy this ride folks, it could damn well be the best in the whole country. It is our year.

wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
wildwes
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs
Default Re: No sleep for me tonight.

Next year is finally here after 120 years!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #3
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

I'm nervous about finding a ticket. Fingers crossed for the parking lot, prices on craigslist have been outrageous.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #4
wncmountaincock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 758302
wncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot materialwncmountaincock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
I'm nervous about finding a ticket. Fingers crossed for the parking lot, prices on craigslist have been outrageous.
You will have no problems, just hold out as long as you can and they will be cheaper.
wncmountaincock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
MixtapeMangler
Recruit

Male

MixtapeMangler has hatched from the shell

Ambien
MixtapeMangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
uscthrilla34
Walk On

Male

uscthrilla34 has hatched from the shell

I'm with you! Partly due to excitement and partly due to my late-night writing of an essay that (in part) determines my career future. Fun times.

This team, these coaches, this schedule, and these fans all add up to something special. I probably haven't been this excited ever either, and I thought last year's "Christmas Eve" feeling couldn't be topped! Go Cocks!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #7
GamecockSuperFan
Run 75% of the time

Male

CockyCash: 400
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

The last 2 weeks really went by fast. 9 days until we see ClowneyAthensV2
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #8
cockyguitar
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudlycockyguitar is crowing loudly

This is our year!!!!
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
thebatman
4-Star

Male

thebatman has earned his spursthebatman has earned his spursthebatman has earned his spursthebatman has earned his spursthebatman has earned his spursthebatman has earned his spurs

13:58. No sleep!!!
thebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #10
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Ditto...no sleep

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #11
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

NO SLEEP

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #12
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I slept great... Lol
Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #13
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I got 9 hours in. I am going to be so well rested and focused.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #14
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I got 9 hours in. I am going to be so well rested and focused.
I slept like a log...... BUT THIS IS GONG TO BE A LONG ASS DAY !
Old 08-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #15
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

IF it's ever going to happen, it will happen this year. I just want to see them win the SEC, one time. That's all I've ever really wanted to see.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Slept Great... Can not wait till Game time... This is our Year ... GO COCKS
cockybusiness2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I slept like a log...... BUT THIS IS GONG TO BE A LONG ASS DAY !
I did as well ! And you're right, Tolley and I are bustin loose from Charlotte around 9, gonna hit town and take care of some business (literally), then hit our spot and join 80,000 of our closest buds for some Gamecock Football. Don't expect to make it home till late...... Long ass day indeed !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wncmountaincock View Post
I have watched John Roche drive the baseline with the ability to pass off shoot and literally tear any defense apart. I watched as Kevin Joyce at 6 foot 3 out jumped Lee Dedmond a 6 foot 10 power forward for UNC and tip it to Tom Owens for an ACC championship. I have watched in amazement as big George Rogers ran past, through, and over defenders on his way to a Heisman trophy. I've seen the smoothest most accurate jump shooter ever as Alex English would shoot the ball with such deadly accuracy. I've seen Jeff Grantz make plays from the QB position that got him labeled as superman. I've seen the unjust treatment we received from the ACC. After watching all of that and being born a Gamecock, I don't think I have ever been as excited as I am right now about our football team this year. The back to back in the college world series will be something, as will all the other moments above I have mentioned, I take to my grave. But this is gonna be something special this year folks, I feel it. So I doubt I get much sleep tonight, this year could pass everything that I have listed as the most exciting thing to ever happen to us Gamecocks. Enjoy this ride folks, it could damn well be the best in the whole country. It is our year.

As soon as Joyce out-jumped Dedmond and tipped it to Owens, before Owens even laid the ball in the basket, my Dad and I were jumping off the sofa in pure ecstasy! I still have the Charleston newspaper of that game (was living on James Island at the time)!

And I agree with you we could be witnessing our best team ever at Carolina! Chill folks, sit back and enjoy the ride. For those of us long-timers who know how mediocre we have been for most of our football history, these are fun times!

Can I assume ‘wnc’ stands for Western North Carolina? I did some undergrad work north of Asheville in the wonderful mountains of North Carolina before finishing up down at Carolina. I love western NC!

I must rush home after work today because game starts at 5pm my time, walk my dog, then watch SC send the Tar Heels packing!

Go Cocks!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote