CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sporkgod50
TheUniversityofSC
Regalcock
gamecockgal
Spurticus
RGHoskins
garnet_black215
sanford
cocky0
U-Dub Gamecock
Gators brag on Clown (749)
Another UGA player a (502)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (405)
Southern Miss player (314)
Predict TAMU 2014 (283)
Kick e'm Horns! (263)
Any PC builders here (229)
Baby Gamecock is her (190)
Showcase Scoop (180)
Max Schrock (148)
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Green and Lammons
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
Any PC builders here? You
Another UGA player arrest
Gators brag on Clowney
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
Kick e'm Horns!

Old 08-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #61
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney....sick or gassed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
Lol to the person who said English outplayed.
Look at the box score, he did. Not a dig on #7 I think he showed more heart than I have ever seen him play with. But he wasn't himself last night.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #62
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleCock View Post
Lorenzo Ward said.

"No, I don't have to say it. You write what you see. We'll try and work on our conditioning for the entire team.''
"I told him he might have to watch what he's eating if his energy's down. We have to make sure we can play more than three, four, five plays at a time.''
Spurrier said that.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Food for thought. During the fall camp, Spurrier said that the OL couldn't block Clowney, so they'd have to take Clowney out of practice or a scrimmage to give the OL a chance to pass protect.

Doesn't this mean that Clowney has lacked reps? A little unfair to criticize Clowney, who may not have had as many reps as everyone else, to have to come out on the hottest day of the year and play a no huddle offense.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #64
hubbarjm
Faustian individual

Male

CockyCash: 200
hubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talonshubbarjm has developed his gaff and talons

Look 90% of the plays they ran were designed to go away from Clowney. I mean he got up field and made that pocket uncomfortable as hell as expected the sack #'s went to others.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #65
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

The virus hates us.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #66
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

I could care less. Here is the deal running away from Clowney takes away at least 30% of the field. I dare teams to keep running away from him. Clowney takes care of 30% our other 10 take care of the other 70%. Run at him and he will bring the pain. I think if you asked Clowney he would take the D getting 4 sacks a game whether he got one or not for the next 13 games.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #67
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

I don't recall a single play that I thought Clowney gave less than 100 per cent.He may have had to come out some,but they were running away from him most all night.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #68
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbarjm View Post
Look 90% of the plays they ran were designed to go away from Clowney. I mean he got up field and made that pocket uncomfortable as hell as expected the sack #'s went to others.
Exactly he was making a play without actually having to tackle people because of their fear to go at him. Also on the goalline he was blowing up his block 3 yard into be backfield, while keeping the RB from being able to bounce outside. The announcers tried saying the TE was blocking him but that was a joke, the guy was practically falling down and just holding on for dear life. Also Clowney got held a lot.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #69
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
The virus hates us.
Lol, that is pretty damn funny.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #70
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
I don't recall a single play that I thought Clowney gave less than 100 per cent.He may have had to come out some,but they were running away from him most all night.

Look they changed their scheme to deal with Clowney which made it easier for the D as a whole to defend them. That's a force. i'm happy even if Spurrier isn't.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #71
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Look they changed their scheme to deal with Clowney which made it easier for the D as a whole to defend them. That's a force. i'm happy even if Spurrier isn't.
Exactly!
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #72
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

People are panicking here.

The facts are that 1. He had the stomach virus and if you've ever had it you aren't the same for 2-3 days after.
2. Heat index never dropped below 95 degrees the whole game. For those of you that played football you know the 1st game is the hardest to get through physically.

3. Consider the offense. We were all warned he wouldn't have big numbers game 1, so simmer down.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #73
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

This is precisely why I believe he shouldn't have been popping off at media days and about how he was going to expose Hurst. With that being said, he looks fine to me. The dude got pressure all night. I'd say we'll see more of Clowney in the backfield next week in Athens.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #74
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Clowney got past his OL and into the backfield almost everytime. UNC just gets rid of the ball quick and never went to Clowney's side. All the bandwagon Clowney fans didn't realize that this was football and you can't sack a QB every play. He will make some big plays against UGA, you can mark that down.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #75
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Clowney got past his OL and into the backfield almost everytime. UNC just gets rid of the ball quick and never went to Clowney's side. All the bandwagon Clowney fans didn't realize that this was football and you can't sack a QB every play. He will make some big plays against UGA, you can mark that down.

Agreed

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #76
uscgmck
Coming back home, one day

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

One of the late night E$PN host called it adrenalin dump. He said if just happens. Me, no clue
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #77
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Clowney....sick or gassed?

Anybody think this could have been planed?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #78
SteveWalsh4Canes
Banned

Male

SteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudlySteveWalsh4Canes is crowing loudly
Default What do you guys make of Clowney's struggles staying on the field against UNC?

Much ado about nothing or something to be concerned about? They said his conditioning was not the best and that he couldn't stay out on the field for that long.
SteveWalsh4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #79
schouse13
Recruit

Male

schouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his clawsschouse13 is sharpening his claws

not worried at all. he's getting dogged on talk radio in Atlanta which is fine. "the hit" is not going to happen every play. I think it was all a perfect storm of virus, heat, fast pace offense and first game of the year. he will be fine. hey, if the uga o line wants to relax now, go right ahead.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
schouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #80
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default Re: What do you guys make of Clowney's struggles staying on the field against UNC?

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=196379

Read the Yahoo article.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote