CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Aggie96
Master Bedroom
spareparts
johnnyb
SuperCockMaster
The Yancey
Handsome_Dabo
thekob
CoverTwo
Article on Shaw & (1395)
SEC East QB's Ranked (1168)
and the #1 2014 acc (1156)
I'm thinking we're g (957)
The bane of our seas (824)
As things currently (725)
WR Depth Chart/Rotat (471)
Ward wants us to pla (398)
Come and get your Jo (320)
Davis Playing in A&a (309)
2014-15 Premier League se
CFB Playoff Bracket predi
WR Depth Chart/Rotation
2015 NFL Draft: South Car
OBC banner being added to
As things currently stand
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
Ward wants us to play fas
If you don't think our co
The bane of our season

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default snoopcockycock

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
CAN YOU SHUT THE F^%$ UP!!!? HE IS OUR STARTING QB. SO STFU!

Quote:
idiotic! when will you guys learn? spurrier has about a gazillion times your experience in these matters, gets paid over 3,000,000.00 dollars to make those decisions and seems to be winning with his decision making. but no, you know better than him. we should start dylan... like i said, idiotic.

Quote:
it amazes me how some posters just totally ignore several things in this debate. first, anyone who has had a stomach virus knows how weak it makes you. second, it also dehydrates you, which kills stamina. third, it was horribly hot out there, and they were playing a very fast paced offense.
Quote:
the next point is what clowney himself said the the post game interview. my stats matter not, as long as the team wins. he asked them, "did you see the score?" i love that. he is a selfless player, and he has always given it his all when it was on the line.
the last point is this, for all you fairweathered fans, clowney has proven it for two solid years, and after one bad game, so many so called fans are dissing him. ??????????????????????????????? get a grip.

one update added, this will not go well for aron murray next week at uga!

Quote:
here's the ignorant thing about this post, reread the last line. then take a moment to think, then you will understand where you went wrong. this is the real world. if those other guys aren't in the two deep, it might have something to do with that last line. ya think?

Quote:
no, what we need is more knowledgeable posters, who understand that they are NOT smarter than sos. now, i'll have a big gulp...

Hey man. I get that you care very much about the Gamecocks players and coaches. I just ask that you stop being so condescending and combative to your fellow Gamecock fans.

Most posters are just injecting their personal opinions and thoughts. It is clear to all of us that they are not lobbying for Steve Spurrier's job. To that end, it is unnecessary to call your fellow Gamecock fans ignorant or idiotic when you are just like the rest of us.

you can point to stats, records and yes even your opinion to provide counterpoint to those you agree with but when you resort to ad hominem attacks and outright telling posters to just STFU, then you are bringing nothing to the board but discontent.

This is not an attack on you but I am using you and your approach as an example. I hope you can continue to bring enthusiasm, knowledge, fanfare and, yes, your opinion to this board and leave the personal attacks and inciteful language at home.

Thanks for your time and thanks for being here.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material
Default Re: snoopcockycock

*slow clap*

It needed to be said. This guy has had an attitude problem for a long time.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

He probably hasn't even watched the game yet lol. Doesn't he watch them a week later?

But yea a lot of people act like that when you say anything that isn't praise about a gamecock player.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Actually, I am siding with Snoopcock. Even EricVol was surprised at some of the negativity from Gamecock fans concerning this game. It makes the game threads thoroughly unenjoyable to hear the whining all the time. Snoopy probably couldn't take the crybabies anymore, and said what needed to be said.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Actually, I am siding with Snoopcock. Even EricVol was surprised at some of the negativity from Gamecock fans concerning this game. It makes the game threads thoroughly unenjoyable to hear the whining all the time. Snoopy probably couldn't take the crybabies anymore, and said what needed to be said.
One can say what needs to be said without being a jack arse about it. Jmo
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
JNGolf
#PlayInTheNow

Male

CockyCash: 12500000
JNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot materialJNGolf is USC mascot material

This thread surprises me in a number of ways
Old 08-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I learned years ago to totally avoid game threads on this site......the only time I ever got a ban of any kind was due to responding to such tripe in a baseball game thread back in 2010. This is far and away the #1 dedicated South Carolina sports board, but I choose to go to SEC boards or otherwise just stay out of game threads altogether. Other SEC fans of other teams are less provocative about USC sports than our own fans.

I would suggest fans who do not enjoy the trash that is posted in game threads to instead populate the CockyChat here. That's what I do: there's very little trashing of the team in there. For the posters that cannot find peace without calling our teams, players, and coaches names and just having temper tantrums on the internet, please stay out. That is all.....
Old 08-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
One can say what needs to be said without being a jack arse about it. Jmo
Well, like I said he probably couldn't take it anymore. I agree with his premise, but maybe not his delivery. I will give you that.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

I think Snoopy cock should be happy with simply being called out for what he did, vs. being suspended, like the some of the rest of us have been.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I learned years ago to totally avoid game threads on this site......the only time I ever got a ban of any kind was due to responding to such tripe in a baseball game thread back in 2010. This is far and away the #1 dedicated South Carolina sports board, but I choose to go to SEC boards or otherwise just stay out of game threads altogether. Other SEC fans of other teams are less provocative about USC sports than our own fans.

I would suggest fans who do not enjoy the trash that is posted in game threads to instead populate the CockyChat here. That's what I do: there's very little trashing of the team in there. For the posters that cannot find peace without calling our teams, players, and coaches names and just having temper tantrums on the internet, please stay out. That is all.....
Some people wonder why people go on rival boards. It's because I understand if I get smack, it's because I am viewed as the enemy. I can take that better because I expect it, but not from Gamecock fans. You should see the UNC game threads. They are very much like Cockytalk's, btw.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Well he did go a little over the top. Everybody had emotions running high. Myself, GH, G&B and Carolina4eva even talked about why spurrier resorted back to throwing after we are running the ball well. the most positive thing is we have a win . regardless if it is good, bad or ugly a win is a win.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #13
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

people are avoiding MY game threads...LOL...you can't do that...i got very frustrated in some plays of the game last night but also saw some positives...it was one game so we shouldn't be jumping to any conclusions...not yet at least
Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19718410
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

The trolls and fake Gamecocks were out of hand in the game thread. I was siding with Snoop most of the time although I usually took a deep breath.

We were overrun with tater trolls.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #15
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNGolf View Post
agreed.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
+1
Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #17
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Add me to the list of people who are surprised. I don't want to see something start where a clear double standard exists.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #18
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
The trolls and fake Gamecocks were out of hand in the game thread. I was siding with Snoop most of the time although I usually took a deep breath.

We were overrun with tater trolls.
Yes, you got it. Clemson didn't have a game last night, so the trolls were in force. One tried his best to be just a neg nancy Gamecock, but when he started off asking how many white girls JD has nailed(over/under), you know what he was doing.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Over the top in some of his posts? Yes, certainly. I agree with Snoop here though:

Quote:
it amazes me how some posters just totally ignore several things in this debate. first, anyone who has had a stomach virus knows how weak it makes you. second, it also dehydrates you, which kills stamina. third, it was horribly hot out there, and they were playing a very fast paced offense.
Quote:
the next point is what clowney himself said the the post game interview. my stats matter not, as long as the team wins. he asked them, "did you see the score?" i love that. he is a selfless player, and he has always given it his all when it was on the line.
the last point is this, for all you fairweathered fans, clowney has proven it for two solid years, and after one bad game, so many so called fans are dissing him. ??????????????????????????????? get a grip.

one update added, this will not go well for aron murray next week at uga!
I also understand his frustration in dealing with the countless negative nellies around here. They can rather intensely piss me off too. Look, if you don't like reading Snoop's posts or mine or anyone elses just use the board's handy dandy ignore feature. Cocky Talk is much more pleasant without having to read posts from whichever paragon of idiocy offends you the most. I have a few on mine.

Lastly, having a thread to bash/humiliate/correct/admonish/etc any particular poster is not seemly in my opinion. Should these things not be done via PM? After all, if the mods started a thread for every time they urged me to chill a tad it would require an entirely new sub forum!

#ModForMod
Old 08-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

While I do think snoop may have gotten carried away telling people to STFU and saying their ideas were idiotic, I do have to side with him. This happens all the time and I believe he is just a little tired of reading it. Anyone remember how bad it got 2 yrs ago when we BEAT UGA in athens??? People were bashing the D so bad that I finally made a thread calling those posters out. Sometimes its hard to read some of the threads in the cockpit for all the team bashing that goes on. It is one thing to bash a team for a horrible loss (florida last year) but to dog players out for a 17 pt victory over a fast paced decent ACC team held to 10 pts is kinda crazy IMO.