CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
snruter amabon
Spur's Addiction
U-Dub Gamecock
HeadCockFan
Copperhead
Gamecocks1137
Sir Cuss
Order 66
Black Hole
Yearofthegamecock
Can it get any bette (1074)
Auburn Stealing Sign (965)
Funny Golf Story Abo (890)
Defense Tackles (773)
I used to like bush (676)
Boo This Man... (641)
georgia rewind... (624)
Gamecocks Traveling (337)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (316)
Stay focus (295)
SEC East vs. SEC West
Winston
How we won the UGA game:
**official Vandy predicti
Doniyah Cliney to sit out
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Good crowd for volleyball
King - South Carolina vs
Auburn looks beatable
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2

Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Palmer and Pollack

Unfortunately I couldn't go to the game and had to listen to these 2 morons all night. What are other people who watched the game on tv opinions? To me, they are mighty full of themselves and terrible at what they do. Calling players by the wrong name. Pollack said that hit on Vic Hampton wasn't helmet to helmet, but shoulder to helmet. Jessie Palmer talking bad about JD. They didn't point out that we gift wrapped a first down for UNC with the Sutton facemask call and made it seem like UNC put together this amazing, long drive for a TD. Just ridiculous. I'm just gonna have to mute the damn tv next time these idiots are on.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Palmer and Pollack

I think one of them pointed out that the Chaz call didn't look like facemask to him, and the replay showed that it wasn't. That penalty saved their scoring drive.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I think one of them pointed out that the Chaz call didn't look like facemask to him, and the replay showed that it wasn't. That penalty saved their scoring drive.

I heard them say that after the play. But once UNC scored, it was like they just put together some amazing drive for a TD

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
SmokeyFTW
Recruit

Male

SmokeyFTW is learning to peckSmokeyFTW is learning to peck

Fixed your thread

Palmer and Pollack = Tools
SmokeyFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Actually I think Pollack does a fantastic job. All commentators make mistakes and misspeak, including our own play by play guys occasionally.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Actually I think Pollack does a fantastic job. All commentators make mistakes and misspeak, including our own play by play guys occasionally.
There is no 55 yard line?

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Pollack mentioned the phantom facemask call multiple times. I thought he was much better than Palmer last night.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

ESPN's Thursday night crew has sucked since Trico left for the NFL and Herbie joined Brent.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Unfortunately I couldn't go to the game and had to listen to these 2 morons all night. What are other people who watched the game on tv opinions? To me, they are mighty full of themselves and terrible at what they do. Calling players by the wrong name. Pollack said that hit on Vic Hampton wasn't helmet to helmet, but shoulder to helmet. Jessie Palmer talking bad about JD. They didn't point out that we gift wrapped a first down for UNC with the Sutton facemask call and made it seem like UNC put together this amazing, long drive for a TD. Just ridiculous. I'm just gonna have to mute the damn tv next time these idiots are on.
Actually Pollack, I thought, said the Vic hit was dirty and should be a penalty. Said something along the lines of it was unnecessary and that there was no way for his helmet to get below Vic's, since it would have to be below the ground to be lower.

I actually liked them last night. Enjoy Palmer's insight to the Spurrier offense and Pollack's gives some good defensive insights. I did disagree with some things they said about JD, but they are never going to always say things you like.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Pollack talked smack to the dumbass Palmer when Palmer called Clowney lazy. Pollack said the d-line players will take one play off here or there because it's the fat guy's code. They're so much bigger it can wind them, and this offense has a higher tempo than other offenses.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 470000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Palmer apparently thinks he walks on water. Dude is annoying as heck. I expected a better announcing crew to open the season...not the JV squad.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I thought they were fine. I typically dont pay much attention to what is said but rather watch for myself.

And I dont know what people expect out of announcers. I would like to see others try and do live play by play and see how well they can keep up with all the names and everything going on. Slip ups happen, and they are paid to be opinionated and when that opinion doesnt favor your team, it doesnt mean the broadcaster is bad.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
btwint
Recruit

Male

btwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPitbtwint rules the CockPit

I agree with the OP. These guys were horrible lastnight. They are typically just bad but last night they over achieved on their horrible-ness. They must not have conditioned in the off season.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
btwint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
Teamneil
Recruit

Male

Teamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his combTeamneil is developing his comb

They had their moments when they were off, but they both gave major props to Williams Brice. And they loved our O-line. I heard more positive then negative last night, but these guys have pissed me off in the past.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Palmer apparently thinks he walks on water. Dude is annoying as heck. I expected a better announcing crew to open the season...not the JV squad.
You think he'd show more loyalty to the coach that got his sorry ass drafted in the fourth round. He never even came close to having NFL skills, but Spurrier made him look good which got him drafted.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming inMjGCock has feathers coming in

I liked Pollack because he would make predictions that the others wouldn't. Like when he said the game was over and the other 2 wouldn't commit to it. Pollack was like "make a prediction if you're going to make one, but this is over." I thought that was funny. I guess he doesn't mind breaking the announcer code for truth over PC-ness.
MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

I dont have an opinion one way or the other about JP, but Pollack I actually like. He can be a Ga Homer, but I think he knows football.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

Thought Pollack was fair, even gracious. The other guy a little to ESPN for me.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

I was actually surprised with how decent Pollack was.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Pollack is VERY FAIR, even considering that he played for Georgia. He is VERY objective, and very gracious, as another poster, above me, put it. Pollack said the facemask was bad call.
Palmer loves Spurrier, but was ragging the d-line. But, he didn't say anything that Spurrier didn't say in the presser.

I'm going to re-interate something here: There was a time where ESPN didn't even mention our names. They put Carolina vs. cLIMPson on TV, once in the 80s, and that was it. They put us on sparingly in the 1990s and we were never in the conversation.

Fast forward to the Steve Spurrier years. We've opened up just about every season on ESPN. They had an EXCELLENT pre-game show, where the major announcers were on a desk, at the field, something they ONLY do when they have Gameday at the venue, or, at bowl games. They showed "2001" in it's entirety. The whole evening had Carolina in the spotlight.

Really, some of you guys are being super picky.