CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
zcoop
gromweat
gamecock88
NinjaSven
Latti
GarnetSwarm1990
Coulwoodwarlord
Jbsc88
18IsTheMan
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (1692)
All of our defensive (1572)
Uniform thread (1354)
Rankings (1300)
Cack's Toast of the (1278)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1267)
3-4 "D" Ke (944)
Will Devin ever suit (792)
Watching the Georgia (605)
Uniform thread
Not a talent issue
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Keeping 2015 together!
Over reacting?
Yeti roadie-good tailgate
East Carolina Prediction
Men's soccer vs. Clemson
3-4 "D" Keep it
Nick Chubb

Old 08-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
phasquare357
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
phasquare357 has hatched from the shell
Default 2 Quick question

Where Can we rewatch the game for free?
I tried to find the game on WatchESPN and I'm unable to find it.

Next, is anybody nervous about our linebacker play. The UNC rb had gaping holes that he was easily able to maneuver.
phasquare357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
unspokenrespect
Recruit

Male

unspokenrespect is learning to peck
Default Re: 2 Quick question

Our defense/Ward is what I'm most confidant in. We won't face a no huddle offense every week and our defense is good enough to get a 3 and out. UNC took advantage of a gassed defense so I'm not concerned about that.

Now, the offense staying on the field and sustaining a drive is another story. We don't have to score every single time we have the ball but they at least have to give the defense time to recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercjason View Post
If I pay for a Porsche and I get a Mazda, yes I am ashamed. Thread fail-
unspokenrespect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I don't know about the 1st one. Sports south shows it on Sunday nights usually.

I think the LB play will be pretty good. That was all of them's most significant action and the true freshmen Skai Moore's first game and he was all over the field.

Roberts has good closing speed and Holloman and Lewis look solid as well. Only thing that worries me is a power running attack. Sideline to sideline this group is solid. If we can ever get Cooper healthy this will be a very good group of LB's!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasquare357 View Post

Next, is anybody nervous about our linebacker play. The UNC rb had gaping holes that he was easily able to maneuver.
Linebackers played better than expected. Dline played less well. The gashing of our defense that occurred was more likely due to this. Most people/pundits/etc saw good things from our young LB's
Old 08-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:

The game is listed on WatchESPN.

RockRocks787 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

atlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spurs

It is on watch espn (at least the app). I was just watching it. Go under football- replay. Hope you find it. I'm always amazed at how much different the experience is watching at the stadium and watching the broadcast.
atlcocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #7
westcoastspur
Walk On

Male

westcoastspur has feathers coming inwestcoastspur has feathers coming inwestcoastspur has feathers coming in

I wanna watch too. The place here Im at now doesnt have cable. Is there another way???
westcoastspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

I also was impressed with our young LB's overall. Especially Holomon and Moore. Did they make some ,istakes? Yes. But for having no experience coming in, they all grew up alot yesterday and I see them being a definite stength as the season unfolds.
As someone above pointed out, a lot of the problem was not much help from the interior DL. That also has to get better.
doc
Old 08-31-2013, 05:14 AM   #9
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

For some guys first ever college game. I'd say they did pretty darn good IMO. Skai is a beast, I'd like to see Bryant more, really want Cooper back.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:

Remember, our LB's are very young and inexperienced so there will be times where they give up some yardage but that experience will only make them better. First game, extreme heat and humidity, and a very fast paced offense and they only gave up 10 points. It's all good.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
KSCCock
Walk On

Male

KSCCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastspur View Post
I wanna watch too. The place here Im at now doesnt have cable. Is there another way???
If you have access to ESPN3, it's available there.
KSCCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
jtown86
Walk On

Male

jtown86 has hatched from the shell

Well next week against GA we will see how much we can hold up at LB because GA will rush over 40 times
jtown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Did Jonathan Walton get on the field any?
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
kmcgarnet
Recruit

Female

kmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his combkmcgarnet is developing his comb

The game is on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1UZK8WBpdE). Not the best quality, nor does it have the end of the game after the rain delay.
kmcgarnet is offline   Reply With Quote