CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (3151)
Juco QBs? (1146)
SDS grades the Furma (904)
we can STILL win the (889)
Auburn/USC point spr (753)
How do you want Aubu (653)
Whenever I Get Depre (650)
If the Head Ball Coa (504)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (323)
When did it change ? (240)
Cann tipping plays?
Juco QBs?
Williams and Mitch
How do you want Auburn to
we can STILL win the east
Auburn/USC point spread
Just started playing &quo
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
2016 - Issac Nauta
CBS: SOS to Florida?

Old 09-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly
Default Clemsuck vs. UGA aftermath

After watching this game tonight I was wondering/noticed some things.

1. Georgia can't tackle. Idk if that had to do with them playing some freshman but it certainly looked to me like they made clemsucks players look a lot better.

2. Georgia's left tackle(s) was(were) having all sorts of problems stopping whoever was coming off the right side. Vic Beasley make them look like JV players. He's only 235 lbs. Clowney is bigger, faster, quicker, stronger and better in every way (when he wants to be).

3. As tired as our team looked. None of our guys laid on the ground with injuries on defense.

4. Maybe it's just me but if our corners lock up their top 2 recievers and we run stop, we should dominate UGA again just like last year. Gurley will get his yards more than likely. He's solid but I don't believe he alone is enough to beat us.

First time starting a thread here so bear with me.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
CreoleCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 450200
CreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot materialCreoleCock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to CreoleCock Send a message via MSN to CreoleCock
Default Re: Clemsuck vs. UGA aftermath

I agree, if we attack the left side, they are in for some sacks, and you are correct about them not tackling, they consistently were shed 2-3 times per attempt, it was pathetic, although I wouldn't put it past Clemson to lather themselves in grease, that was abhorrent.

I agree, I think Gurley is their only weapon, averaged what? 12 yards a carry? that's insane, but nothing else impressed, defense allowed, if not 500, close to it yards, and the offense couldn't capitalize w/ only 3/14 3rd down conversions.

I expect a decent game next week, but nothing spectacular, fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 AM   #3
jch81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
jch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudlyjch81 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
After watching this game tonight I was wondering/noticed some things.

1. Georgia can't tackle. Idk if that had to do with them playing some freshman but it certainly looked to me like they made clemsucks players look a lot better.

2. Georgia's left tackle(s) was(were) having all sorts of problems stopping whoever was coming off the right side. Vic Beasley make them look like JV players. He's only 235 lbs. Clowney is bigger, faster, quicker, stronger and better in every way (when he wants to be).

3. As tired as our team looked. None of our guys laid on the ground with injuries on defense.

4. Maybe it's just me but if our corners lock up their top 2 recievers and we run stop, we should dominate UGA again just like last year. Gurley will get his yards more than likely. He's solid but I don't believe he alone is enough to beat us.

First time starting a thread here so bear with me.
I was at the game. Gurley is the best player ive seen play in person in quite some time. If you can get a couple of stops and dont turn it over you will win. There defense is awful on run defense, not that we were much better lol
jch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #4
usc51
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPitusc51 rules the CockPit

Our DTs and LBs will have to play extremely well. If we force UGA into 3rd and 7+ consistently, we'll be fine.

Offensively, we just need to protect the football and play ball control offense. Spurrier has owned Grantham the past 3 years and nothing has happened since October to change that. Our offense is more talented than their defense and is better coached, we should be able to put up some points. However, someone said this in another thread, if it's obvious Shaw is struggling the 1st few series', Spurrier cannot be hesitant to put Thompson in. Not saying Shaw will play poorly, he should play well, but if he doesn't, Spurrier needs to be quick.

I'm hoping for maybe a 27-13 type of game, one where it's close but it doesn't have you on the edge of your seat all game long. But we'll see, 2 years ago I thought we would handle UGA pretty well in Athens and last year, I doubt many people saw 35-7 coming. Football's a crazy sport. Just give me a win next Saturday and I'll take it.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
I was at the game. Gurley is the best player ive seen play in person in quite some time. If you can get a couple of stops and dont turn it over you will win. There defense is awful on run defense, not that we were much better lol

Congrats on the Clemson win. Good game.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

One week has no bearing on the next. Look at who we were last year vs Georgia compared to the next week at LSU.

As well, Georgia is a different team at home.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Clemson deserved to win that game. UGA didn't adjust and made stupid errors at crucial times.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

One has no Defense and One has no Offence = 38-35 with missed FG

Last edited by Take-a-Knee; 09-01-2013 at 07:54 AM. Reason: can't spell
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Congrats on the Clemson win. Good game.
Agreed. Clempson played a lot better than I expected. Their defense was pretty good at times.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

The game was a comedy of errors on both sides of the ball for both
teams. I was laughing my butt off watching the play in the trenches for
both teams. UGA had a chance to put the nail in the coffin TWICE late in the
first half with two opportunities to go up by two TDs and screwed the
pooch on both attempts. Their miserable perimeter O/Line play was
pathetic and gave Clemson the shot of adrenalin they needed to get back
in the game with a couple of sacks and stops out on the corners. UGA had
shut Clemson's crowd up and took control of the game and Clemson's
offense at the end of the second half, and then basically squandered away
the win by giving the ball back to Clemson on penalties and turnovers.

The second half was like watching an NBA all star game where both teams
just walk around on Defense and allow the offense to "Wow" the crowd.

Honest Opinion:
If we don't go into Athens Saturday and win by more than two TDs / 17
points, we don't deserve to win the Eastern Conference this year. That's
not smack talk, it's an honest opinion based on what I saw from UGA
last night. They are CLEARLY not a top 10 program, and CLEARLY not
one of the Best Offenses in the nation.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

I agree Spurt. After watching them last night i feel a whole lot better about Saturdays game, they were awful. The refs did help The orange trash out though with some bogus calls.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

When CU got aggressive on defense the game shifted. Pretty sure that's what we did last year.

UGA's OL did not look like they belonged on a Top 10 team. If we can stay aggressive on defense and keep their offense off the field, we can win this game.

BTW, give credit to the taters....they have a good looking team. Their OC and DC are some good hires. They could probably fire their HBC, hire Brad Scott, and still look the same.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

If uga plays next week like they did last night we will win big. I expect a little better effort from them at home, but as long as we don't make a lot of mistakes we should win.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

The crowd noise was probably a large part of the mistakes. A lot of holding penalties on UGA. Not sure if Clemson had that many holding penalties.Still wish UGA could have won this one. Living in the Upstate will be impossible now. lol
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #15
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Both defenses sucked. uga's OL actually got worse than last year, even with those returning starters. If we stop uga's run game again, we'll run away from them by the 3rd quarter. Murray chokes on big games like a hooker.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I predict Gurley and marshall are going to run all over us, but that we'll create a ton of havoc otherwise. I bet we get 3 or 4 turnovers. will it be enough? I can't say. our offense will need to put up TDs to escape with a win. we simply can't go down by 14. this is one of those games that gets decided by the basics. and for us that means tackling and blocking. I'm skerd because of the stakes.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #17
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
They will try to run early, seems like that is all they do really well. We need to avoid turnovers as you said, I hope our defense does well based on what I saw last night.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #18
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I predict Gurley and marshall are going to run all over us, but that we'll create a ton of havoc otherwise. I bet we get 3 or 4 turnovers. will it be enough? I can't say. our offense will need to put up TDs to escape with a win. we simply can't go down by 14. this is one of those games that gets decided by the basics. and for us that means tackling and blocking. I'm skerd because of the stakes.
Sorry bruh, don't see it that way at all.
Clemson's D/line has LOUSY ... L.O.U.S.Y ! fundamentals. They would have
problems tackling a 6 year old girl. Georgia's didn't look much better. Save
the half assed attempt at a shoulder bump on Watkins giving him the long
TD, he is almost a non factor in that game last night. From what I saw
from both teams (ours and UGAs) in game one.... Our ground attack
was MUCH more physical and aggressive than "The Gurshall tandem".
IMO, we should near the 300 yard mark on the ground Saturday with
Davis and Wilds carrying and the piss poor tackling from UGAs defense.
We don't have to throw for 250-300 yards to beat these guys by 14-20
points. We had no turnovers last week and if we can avoid any this
Saturday, we'll be 2-0 next Sunday Morning with a 1-0 SEC Record.

Last edited by Spurticus; 09-01-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #19
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Sorry bruh, don't see it that way at all.
Clemson's D/line has LOUSY ... L.O.U.S.Y ! fundamentals. They would have
problems talking a 6 year old girl. Georgia's didn't look much better. Save
the half assed attempt at a shoulder bump on Watkins giving him the long
TD, he is almost a non factor in that game last night. From what I saw
from both teams (ours and UGAs) in game one.... Our ground attack
was MUCH more physical and aggressive than "The Gurshall tandem".
IMO, we should near the 300 yard mark on the ground Saturday with
Davis and Wilds carrying and the piss poor tackling from UGAs defense.
We don't have to throw for 250-300 yards to beat these guys by 14-20
points. We had no turnovers last week and if we can avoid any this
Saturday, we'll be 2-0 next Sunday Morning with a 1-0 SEC Record.
As usual, this will come down to qb play for the win. Shaw needs a good game on the road, and who knows how we will use Thompson. Murray plays better a t home, but after he got blindsided last night it was a different game. The guy STOPPED LOOKING AT THE PLAY CLOCK, AS A QB. We have to smack him around.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #20
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
As usual, this will come down to qb play for the win. Shaw needs a good game on the road, and who knows how we will use Thompson. Murray plays better a t home, but after he got blindsided last night it was a different game. The guy STOPPED LOOKING AT THE PLAY CLOCK, AS A QB. We have to smack him around.
We'll defiantly get our sacks in, stopping the run should be priority imo, outside of that we should look to get long draining drives on their defense.