CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
Regalcock
JerseyBird
smoovecock
b381l
johnnyb
markymark550
RGHoskins
Constant Updates on (2842)
Brad Lawing (1783)
Alshon - Bose (1248)
Garcia vs Clemson To (1190)
How cool would it be (1063)
Carolina/Clemson gam (881)
Palmetto Bowl (797)
Chattanooga upends N (680)
NEW Pics from South (390)
Where to watch in Ar (260)
Constant Updates on Watso
Where to watch in Arlingt
Bowl projections
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Carolina/Clemson game dre
How cool would it be to..
Chattanooga upends No. 4
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Palmetto Bowl

Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
carolinagirl7
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 500
carolinagirl7 has hatched from the shell
Default Clowney Haters

swarming like flies. can't watch a game this weekend without the announcers talking about his draft stock dropping, laziness, etc etc. AFTER ONE GAME. can't wait for him to shut em up between the hedges.
carolinagirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney Haters

Clowney can add Matt Millin to that list. Said Clowney took too many plays off and also said he has poor mechanics.. Blah, Blah, Blah.......Never once mentioned the heat, or his stomach virus.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Matt knows nothing about evaluating talent ! He about killed Detroit !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

I truly don't understand the hate and everyone wanting him to screw up.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
carolinagirl7
Walk On

Female

carolinagirl7 has hatched from the shell

they sure talked about that heat and humidity during the clemson game last night
carolinagirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky chick View Post
The media doesn't want him to screw up at all. Trust me, if the media had their choice they would have wanted him to have six sacks on Thursday. So no one is hoping for him to "screw up."

But in regards to how ratings and "clicks" work, it is going to go like this..

1. Clowney plays awesome and is dominant. This is desired outcome.
2. Clowney doesn't do much or plays average, but something else comes up that they can focus on. Such as his "conditioning." This still gets clicks.
3. Clowney plays average and there is nothing to write about. This doesn't get clicks and is the least desirable outcome.

Thursday night fell into category number 2. The media is always going to go for that option over option number 3.

Look at Johnny Manziel on Saturday. He came out and only passed the ball 8 times or whatever. He did well, but didn't do anything spectacular. So the media went for option #2. To make a story out of something else. Because the third option is to basically just report nothing. That is the worst option in their eyes.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
westcoastspur
Walk On

Male

westcoastspur has feathers coming inwestcoastspur has feathers coming inwestcoastspur has feathers coming in

I put my trust in coach Spurrier. He knows how to manage and coach players through the superstar type stuff. He is our really large superstar besides George and maybe Sterling in a while. We proclaim our own superstars year in and year out,but this is somewhat different.Spurrier has coached many all american types in his career. Personally I thaught the whole thing was blown out of proportion. EVEN Mussberger said he should get a pass because of the heat. Besides you can't be out of shape with that physique Clowney has got. He looked good as freshman when he got here but he didnt look like he does now physicaly.He worked his tail off in the gym. I feel sorry for Georgia Saturday. The one they need to stay on and who needs to stay focused is Quarles who I think is the top defensive tackle in the league.
westcoastspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 224722
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky chick View Post
It is human nature, at least in America. Try to tear somebody down after building them up.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

The media reports whatever will get them viewers.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

There's a reason why Millen will never sniff an NFL GM job again after he left Detroit in shambles. Kinda funny to hear he made those comments about Clowney too considering he called him "the crown jewel of the 2014 draft" during the Carolina/Clemson broadcast last year after Clowney's five sack performance.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Yea they brought him up during the Louisville game and one of the announcers said that Clowney takes plays off and doesnt give 100% every down..

Being the best comes with it's downside which is being under the microscope for every single thing you do

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his comb

FWIW, I believe we have Nessler and Blackledge for the game next week. They are for my money ESPN's best crew. I don't see them throwing fuel on that fire.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl7 View Post
they sure talked about that heat and humidity during the clemson game last night
They talked about it in O$U game as well. it was 84 with a real feel of 90
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
cocky-K
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

I doubt Clowney gives two poots in the wind what Matt millen says about him. I know I don't. He is one of my least favorite guys on ESPN.

Clowney will be fine. He just needs to learn through all of this that people will turn on him on a dime and praise from those who truly don't give a crap about you is just as worthless as the venom that gets spewed at you. If he does his thing like he always has, he'll be fine.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
Dietz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
Dietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot materialDietz is USC mascot material

Look at all the drama surrounding Manziel, it's no surprise the Rice players were pushing every little button they could find, and he snapped rather than trying to rise above it all...maybe and apples to oranges comparison, but I see Clowney shrugging it all off and coming back like the beast we all know he is!!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

This is all a bunch of nonsense.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirl7 View Post
It was 77 degrees at kickoff versus the 93 degrees in willy b.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #18
WinterIsComing
Banned

Male

WinterIsComing has feathers coming inWinterIsComing has feathers coming in

clowney was effective on the plays that he played...he was also being held like a felon. however if he wasnt sick, there wasnt any excuse for him to be sitting out so much. clowney is a (very) big boy he has to handle some criticism when he doesnt play as well just like he can drink up all the praise that followed 'the hit'. i think you'll see a very motivated JDC in Athens next Saturday. Erin Murray is already pissing herself you can be sure remembering the last time Clowney threw her like a rag doll and won the game
WinterIsComing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
WinterIsComing
Banned

Male

WinterIsComing has feathers coming inWinterIsComing has feathers coming in

you know for all the hype about the hit on smith in the outback, my favorite Clowney play by far is him icing the UGA game in athens two years ago when he threw murray and caused that fumble
WinterIsComing is offline   Reply With Quote