CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ccured
The Yancey
GSC2013
cockthehammer
Gamecock football Lo (2239)
Mike Davis "dou (2082)
The Demise of the 3- (1405)
Gamecocks D staff re (1364)
Pirate Depth Chart (1002)
Past SEC Champions w (970)
who thinks we need a (960)
Reginald Bowens (692)
East Carolina Predic (690)
Why didn't Wes Green (658)
Carolina opens -15.5
The Demise of the 3-4
Gamecocks claimed and re-
What would be your defini
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Mike Davis "doubtful
Did we ever go after Kenn
Past SEC Champions who ha
East Carolina Prediction
Eastern Michigan's Concre

Old 09-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier talks to Clowney..

This is from Spurrier's SEC Sunday teleconference..

"We all watched what happened out there. And obviously Jadeveon was not up to par. We're not going to give any excuses. I think Jadeveon learned that the camera's on him every play."

"We know [Jadeveon] can rush the passer better than he did the other night."

"Jadeveon, obviously, he was pooped. But I think there was other reasons that he was pooped than that he's not in good shape."

"We talked after the game, but what I said to Jadeveon after the game will remain between me and Jadeveon."

So what do you think he said to JD? It is very odd for Spurrier to say something like this. HBC is usually just a straight shooter. I can't remember him every saying "we talked, but it is between me and him."

He also says that he didn't think it was because of being "poopled" or not in good shape.

Just interesting comments. I can only think of a few things he may have been alluding to by his comments. These are all complete guesses.

1. Does he think maybe JD is playing tentatively to avoid injury?
2. Was he upset at JD for having a stomach virus and not telling anyone? Thinking that he put himself before the team?
3. Or was he just telling him to stay focused and that all of the attention will fade?
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier talks to Clowney..

I think all the above. I also think that he told him what David Pollack said " you control your on effort". I think Spurrier didn't like the effort. But I do think with the "Stomach Bug" and him trying to go a million miles per hour in the first quarter he got winded.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier talks to Clowney..

Idk
Old 09-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Well whatever the HBC said to him, I hope he takes it to heart, and it humbled him some. Hopefully next week he'll impress the world again and come home from Athens with a W.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Win the heisman, or we're pulling you scholly for next year....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Not even OK to speculate as far as I'm concerned. If Spurrier says it
will forever stay between he and JD, then that's where it should stay.
All we need to know right there.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He's managing the media and his player, and keeping the media off his back by taking some of the heat. That's all.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

All the HBC probably said is the camera is going to be on him all of the time and then a pat on the rearend. Don't see a reason why it should be blown up, game speed is hard to simulate in practice everyone gets winded quickly in the first game. JD is going to be fine, he just a baptism by fire by the camera Thursday night that's all, he's not a camera guy so I guess he has to learn how to deal with that.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

really liking Darius English
Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I don't think it's odd at all. I am sure conversations happen all the time between players and coaches that aren't shared with the media. This whole thing is is just blown way out of proportion.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
I don't think it's odd at all. I am sure conversations happen all the time between players and coaches that aren't shared with the media. This whole thing is is just blown way out of proportion.
I didn't say it was odd to happen. I said it was odd for Spurrier. I haven't heard him say anything like that before.

I also don't think I said it was a big deal. It is a message board, I thought it was interesting, so I posted a question about it.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
SuperCockMaster
4-Star

Male

SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit

He probably said don't listen to the media. You played the best you could given the circumstances. Show them why you're talked about so much next week. Prove them wrong.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1710278
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

Pray for Murray!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

It didn't come across to me as odd. He was also pretty closed mouthed on what he would say to Garcia.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

SOS told him to lay off the chili dogs before the game.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

told him to control his drinking, and not be hungover and puking the day before a game. It makes you weak and dehydrated. Not smack, real good chance that may be it. 95% of all college kids drink, dont care who they play for.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
Garnet 4 Life 81
Banned

Male

Garnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his clawsGarnet 4 Life 81 is sharpening his claws

I doubt he was drinking. if he said he was sick and winded I believe him and behind him 100%
Garnet 4 Life 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
blpanther77
Recruit

blpanther77 is making other chickens nervousblpanther77 is making other chickens nervousblpanther77 is making other chickens nervousblpanther77 is making other chickens nervousblpanther77 is making other chickens nervousblpanther77 is making other chickens nervousblpanther77 is making other chickens nervousblpanther77 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
told him to control his drinking, and not be hungover and puking the day before a game. It makes you weak and dehydrated. Not smack, real good chance that may be it. 95% of all college kids drink, dont care who they play for.
I don't take this as smack and for a lot of college athletes this would be a valid point, BUT in Clowney's case I'm 99% sure it doesn't apply. I say that because in an interview this summer he candidly said he's not into the drinking or bar scene. He said he mostly hangs out with a couple teammates around the dorm playing games, and he has a girlfriend he spends time with as I recall. Bottom line is he's not one that cares about the party scene and certainly not one to be getting drunk. It's not beyond impossible, but highly unlikely.
blpanther77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #19
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
SOS told him to lay off the chili dogs before the game.
...more grapes and bananas.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by blpanther77 View Post
I don't take this as smack and for a lot of college athletes this would be a valid point, BUT in Clowney's case I'm 99% sure it doesn't apply. I say that because in an interview this summer he candidly said he's not into the drinking or bar scene. He said he mostly hangs out with a couple teammates around the dorm playing games, and he has a girlfriend he spends time with as I recall. Bottom line is he's not one that cares about the party scene and certainly not one to be getting drunk. It's not beyond impossible, but highly unlikely.
His girlfriend has moved to Columbia to get her masters degree. Yes I'm talking the panthers cheerleader
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote