CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
BiscoCocky
COCKYTALKIN
l^l^lBGCock
black_magic85
BlueHerons
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
rolinb1
Acockolypse Now
Spurrier: Davis May (5874)
Devonte Holloman Ret (1542)
an apology (1228)
Our players and the (966)
Aggie looking forwar (768)
Cockaboose Owners (744)
Article on Shaw & (705)
First "Carolina (668)
JD & DJ Getting (610)
I'm thinking we're g (422)
First "Carolina Call
and the #1 2014 acc must
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Your SEC Standings Predic
JD & DJ Getting Love
New Sign at Williams Bric
VPN service recomendation
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
I'm thinking we're gonna

Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit
Default Just dont see

UGA beating us next weekend. Their defense needs a lot of work and that wont happen in one week of practice. We left a ton of the playbook on the table against UNC. Even though Busta was out we didnt use our tightends at
all and we have backups that are more then capable. Defensively we are just Nasty. Way to much depth on the dline for UGA to handle snap after snap. Murray is not a 3 step drop back and throw kinda guy. He needs a lot more time to let things develop. Only concern for me is jamming that running game. Do that and its lights out in Georgia.
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
WinterIsComing
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
WinterIsComing has feathers coming inWinterIsComing has feathers coming in
Default Re: Just dont see

we have to avoid the shootout that ensued two years ago in athens and control the clock
WinterIsComing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Seems like we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
WinterIsComing
Banned

Male

georgia is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us to avoid an 0-2 start. dont think for a second this is gonna be like last years blowout when its in their house
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #5
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Anything, can happen, I feel good about our chances. Should be a good game.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Seems like we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

How? Dont give me "gut feeling". Tell me where Im wrong. You think UGA will put up points on our D like they did last night? You think UGA and that sloppy defense can hold us to less points then we can put on them? I dont and thats from watching them play.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
georgia is gonna throw the kitchen sink at us to avoid an 0-2 start. dont think for a second this is gonna be like last years blowout when its in their house

Spot on. We will have a fight for four quarters. Im just hoping we come out with the W.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
DeltaCock
12-0

Male

DeltaCock is learning to peckDeltaCock is learning to peck

They should improve from yesterday just like we will, so I like our chances also. As previously stated, I worry about stopping the run. Perhaps moving JD to the middle could up our chances. Looked pretty good when he was there Thursday. Nonetheless, I see a victory for us Saturday, something like 30-24.

"Qui audet adipiscitur"
Who dares, wins
DeltaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Dont expect it will, but ALL the pressure is on them and Murray is terrible with his back against the wall. Thats a fact.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
WinterIsComing
Banned

Male

come saturday, murray's gonna be spending a lot of time on his back with someone on top of him...but I guess he's used to that anyway
Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
Yankeedoodledoo
Recruit

Male

Yankeedoodledoo is learning to peckYankeedoodledoo is learning to peck

I was in Athens 2 years ago when we squeaked out of there with a W. I'm concerned that Clemson did us the same favor that Florida did for us last year when they knocked off LSU the week before we came to town. I would definitely expect UGA to rebound and make a better effort with their line play on both sides with the crowd behind them this week. UGA definitely looked overrated against Clemson, but winning on the road in the SEC is ALWAYS difficult.

To be the man, you gotta beat the man. We just need to play within ourselves on offense and get penetration on defense before their RB's get a head of steam. Rattle Murray and avoid turnovers. We will be ready.
Yankeedoodledoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #12
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Just dont see

Quote:
murray's gonna be spending a lot of time on his back with someone on top of him...but I guess he's used to that anyway
Old 09-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotter22 View Post
UGA beating us next weekend. Their defense needs a lot of work and that wont happen in one week of practice. We left a ton of the playbook on the table against UNC. Even though Busta was out we didnt use our tightends at
all and we have backups that are more then capable. Defensively we are just Nasty. Way to much depth on the dline for UGA to handle snap after snap. Murray is not a 3 step drop back and throw kinda guy. He needs a lot more time to let things develop. Only concern for me is jamming that running game. Do that and its lights out in Georgia.

I think a lot of people underestimate how difficult it is to win on the road. Especially in the SEC. Especially in Athens. History shows we are not the same team on the road as we are at home. People think UGA will be quiet when we have the ball just like in Willy B but truth is they are tired of losing to us and will give us hell when our offense has the ball.

This will be a knockdown drag out affair and will likely be decided in the 4th quarter.

I think we are the better team, but the better team does not always win in these kind of games. Here are my 3 keys to the game:

1. Bring Energy- Sanford will be rocking and UGA will be ready to get the bad tastes out of their mouths from last week. We have to equal the energy that UGA will come out with.

2. Stop Gurshall- We have to stop them or at least contain them. Murray will be much more effective if they are finding running room.

3. Win the turnover battle- I believe we're the better team. But if we start turning over the ball that can nullify what advantage we have. If the better team wins the turnover battle, they win the game 99.9% of the time. Why is this a concern? First road game and in a harsh environment. Gotta take care of the ball and force some turnovers ourselves. The (over)confidence by some of y'all is great but it invites bad karma. Playing a top 10 UGA team on the road is never easy.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #14
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Alright. Because they wouldn't try everything to win the game if they had won last night? I've read this a few times on the board tonight and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Attendance record vs. Clemson as a student: 5-0
Attendance record at home games as a student: 32-3

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #15
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotter22 View Post
How? Dont give me "gut feeling". Tell me where Im wrong. You think UGA will put up points on our D like they did last night? You think UGA and that sloppy defense can hold us to less points then we can put on them? I dont and thats from watching them play.
First home game, wanting to avoiding an 0-2 start and early deficit in the division, always tough in Athens, playing against a rival, national championship hopes. That's why.

If you think we're going to go in there and just rip through them, I don't really know what to say to you.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #16
Superadiabatic
Blue Chip

Male

Superadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his combSuperadiabatic is developing his comb

Quote:
There's no indoor plumbing in Athens. They don't have kitchen sinks.

They also don't have a defense and our defensive line is going to make mincemeat out of them. Spurrier will be easing off the throttle again.

Early and often.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
cockyguitar
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talonscockyguitar has developed his gaff and talons

I think home field advantage only goes so far. We are clearly the more talented team & I think we'll win by a comfortable margin. Yes Georgia will be ready for this game, but so will we. I just don't see Georgia winning this game, at all. I don't think we'll rip through them like last year, but then again we're capable of it. Spurrier will have our team ready, rest assured.
cockyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #18
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Really think it comes down to our DL and if they can dominate the UGA OL and force them to keep in 6-7 to block for, while also limiting the running game. If they can protect against 4 with just the OL that hurts USC a lot, because we will have to use the LB to get pressure and then they won't be able to focus on stopping the run and pass drops.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #19
pastorsheehan
Walk On

Male

pastorsheehan is learning to peckpastorsheehan is learning to peck

Walt Deptula has stated on his afternoon radio rant show (WCCP), that, home feild advantage is as high as two touch downs...perhaps even more. I agree with the above reply...IMO, its not that much, Walt! Our key to a win between the hedges....don't get rattled, Gamecocks! You do the rattling!!! BOOM! Like that...
pastorsheehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #20
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

These two extra days to get ready are really looking good about now....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote