CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (873)
Call of Duty: Advanc (542)
Good Riddance to bad (477)
Keeping tailgate foo (329)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (299)
Bashing Players, coa (240)
The Comeback & T (235)
An A to Z of Noah We (218)
Wallpaper & Back (119)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (106)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit
Default Georgia predictions

I, like most, dont see Georgia winning this one after watching that horrible defense vs Clemson last week. The only bright spot in their loss was Gurley and he may not be 100%. I also dont think we walk into Sanford and just take over. they are going to give it all they got to avoid 0-2. But Clowney will make up for last week, Brandon and Mike both go for 100, and Connor and Dylan combine for another 200. We pull away after the 3rd.

South Carolina 31
Georgia 17
Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Georgia predictions

I expect this one to be within a possession 27-24 cocks.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

35-10 take or leave but we own them.. again.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Nobody saw last years score so anything could certainly happen...but to be honest I was not as impressed with our oline as some from Thursday. Late in the game when we should have been killing the clock with methodical rushing...we couldn't get first downs. I hated the running calls with a passion and I think that georgia will be tougher than unc's defensive line (that we outweighed by 50 lbs a man).

I also think that Clemson (hate to say this) showed team speed that hi don't think we have at receiver...minus Byrd...and I don't know if we will move the ball on Georgia the way that Clemson did...or as well as they did.

My head tells me we'll lose this game by a couple of touchdowns. But then again I suffered a concussion lately so I hope I'm delirious and we kick their asses.

Prediction though? Georgia 27 USC 17.

Hope I'm wrong but our oline wasn't that good and the defensive line under performed Thursday. I think Murray is a better QB than Boyd and he has a LOT to prove this week. Too many intangibles going Georgia's way on this one I think.

I hope I'm wrong.

If we do beat them this has the makings of the biggest USC Clemson game ever.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Nobody saw last years score so anything could certainly happen...but to be honest I was not as impressed with our oline as some from Thursday. Late in the game when we should have been killing the clock with methodical rushing...we couldn't get first downs. I hated the running calls with a passion and I think that georgia will be tougher than unc's defensive line (that we outweighed by 50 lbs a man).

I also think that Clemson (hate to say this) showed team speed that hi don't think we have at receiver...minus Byrd...and I don't know if we will move the ball on Georgia the way that Clemson did...or as well as they did.

My head tells me we'll lose this game by a couple of touchdowns. But then again I suffered a concussion lately so I hope I'm delirious and we kick their asses.

Prediction though? Georgia 27 USC 17.

Hope I'm wrong but our oline wasn't that good and the defensive line under performed Thursday. I think Murray is a better QB than Boyd and he has a LOT to prove this week. Too many intangibles going Georgia's way on this one I think.

I hope I'm wrong.

If we do beat them this has the makings of the biggest USC Clemson game ever.
You are wrong. .we win young Gamecock Padawan lol Georgia is ours for the taking.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

its going to be a defensive game. Georgia will play a notch better on defense at home with their crowd behind them and we will play hard nosed defense as usual.

I like 24-21 cocks. we'll play defense during the last 2 minutes to win it.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagles06 View Post
I, like most, dont see Georgia winning this one after watching that horrible defense vs Clemson last week. The only bright spot in their loss was Gurley and he may not be 100%. I also dont think we walk into Sanford and just take over. they are going to give it all they got to avoid 0-2. But Clowney will make up for last week, Brandon and Mike both go for 100, and Connor and Dylan combine for another 200. We pull away after the 3rd.

South Carolina 31
Georgia 17
Well if I had to pick one game on our schedule to lose it would be this one. UGA will be desperate, and we don't play as well on the road.

Bit, our defense (especially Clowney) has something to prove even though the defensive performance was not bad at all. Our strengths seem to hit their weakness in the mouth. If we stop the run and have fewer turnovers, we win.

28-24 Gamecocks
Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post

I hate to break it to you, but spurrier said on the sunday teleconference that the oline "played pretty good" and immediately after that said shaw missed some open guys. that means shaw was running early instead of getting the ball out.

spurrier also said he was content after halftime to pound the ball on the ground and play defense, which is exactly what we did. UNC knew we were running, we knew we were running, my grandma knew we were running. Not that hard to stack up and make a team look weak when you know theyre going to run.....and we still busted some big runs the second half.

have a little faith dude.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Elliot "Big " Fry kicks the game winning field goal. 24-23

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I think we win. It will be close but we will make that big play to get ahead and seal the deal in the 4th.

No score prediction yet but we will have a decent lead.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Uga 23 gamecocks 24 best game in years.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

No score prediction yet, but I do think it will be close.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
I expect this one to be within a possession 27-24 cocks.
Bingo.

The Dawgs will want to win this one bad, but they'll play too tight and follow their coach down the rabbit hole. Ay-ay-ron has proven that he doesn't have the cajones to win the big one.

Cocks 27-24.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

28 S.Car 14 *awgs
Old 09-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
GARNETANDBLACK#1
Blue Chip

Male

GARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talonsGARNETANDBLACK#1 has developed his gaff and talons

Clowney gets a pick 6 at some point. Cocks 41 Dawgs 27
GARNETANDBLACK#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #16
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

I don't think we win. I thnk we could if we could throw the ball. But with our current QB situation I don't think we get it done. If we do it won't be a blow out.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

34-24 Gamecocks

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #18
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material

Think about this logically...

All the pressure is on Georgia. They're looking 0-2 in the face, and Richt, Bobo, and Lord Grantham will be daydreaming about their futures. DISTRACTIONS GALORE, plus little time to prepare, rest, and focus spells LOSS. Carolina can walk into Athens knowing they've won 3 straight versus UGA, knowing they're 1-0, and knowing we have Clowney.

Georgia may come out swinging, but it'll wear out the moment we respond with a score. Georgia doesn't want a confident Carolina team on the field.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #19
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
I don't think we win. I thnk we could if we could throw the ball. But with our current QB situation I don't think we get it done. If we do it won't be a blow out.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

31-28

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote