CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
b381l
cocky-K
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
Spur's Addiction
Goofyboy
HeadCockFan
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1562)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1503)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1409)
Defense not an issue (1241)
Cack's Toast of the (912)
Legitimate, Unbiased (844)
I guess we don't get (844)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (824)
Antonio Allen vs Als (544)
Defense not an issue....
Christian Walker called u
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
Let's talk about Maty Mau
why we're in this positio
open discussion of this t
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
Pharoh Cooper is a stud

Old 09-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
GratefulGamecock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GratefulGamecock is learning to peck
Default When do rankings come out and where will we sit

Hey folks, hope all is well after the long weekend. Just wanted to see when all the rankings will come out and where you think we will sit. Being that Georgia lost to Clemson we will take that spot, but I am hearing rumblings from my Clemson friends that they are going to 4, absurd. So with that, where do you see us being? And any chance Clemson jumps us?

Don't know if this thread is one to post or not, but I can't think of anything else but the devils fooseball.
GratefulGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
USAFGAMECOCK
F'n A

Male

CockyCash: 22000400
USAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialUSAFGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Default Re: When do rankings come out and where will we sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulGamecock View Post
Hey folks, hope all is well after the long weekend. Just wanted to see when all the rankings will come out and where you think we will sit. Being that Georgia lost to Clemson we will take that spot, but I am hearing rumblings from my Clemson friends that they are going to 4, absurd. So with that, where do you see us being? And any chance Clemson jumps us?

Don't know if this thread is one to post or not, but I can't think of anything else but the devils fooseball.
Not sure where we'll end up but based on what I've heard from folks in the upstate, clemson won the national championship for the next 11 years Saturday night. So #2 is the new #1 all other teams strive for.

USAFGAMECOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

According to this guy, we will be 12, uga at 10 and clemson at 3. LOL
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/...allot-/2139704
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcc3 View Post
The sad thing is that this guy gets an actual vote in the AP poll.

I know this is in another thread somewhere but here is a link to the AP voting

http://www.pollspeak.com/
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
GratefulGamecock
Walk On

Male

GratefulGamecock is learning to peck

That's a choke up job. But I think we move up to five, Clemson six, Georgia around 10-11. I'm just worried those polls will have Clemson 5 and Carolina 6 after all the exposure that game got against jawja, an SEC powerhouse. But I guess time will tell when the ranks are out.
GratefulGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcc3 View Post
That is some funny stuff right there! : rotfl:
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I'm fine if Clemson hops us this week, provided when we beat UGA by more than 3 at their place, we hop them back.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Brad Edwards has us at #2 behind Alabama. His handle is @vegasbedwards I think. The link to his entire rankings is on his timeline.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Look at this gem of a poll

http://www.pollspeak.com/component/o...2,0/v,400/w,1/
Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

We had 5 #3 votes in the preseason AP vote so I'd expect to have at least that many after this first week.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
Rooster2007
2 deep

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Rooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming inRooster2007 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post

Pollstalker? Ha more like pole smoker.
Rooster2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
And he tweeted this two hours ago:

"My Top 25 vote this morn: 1. Alabama, 2. Oregon, 3. Ohio State, 4. Clemson, 5. Florida State. Telling you, Seminoles for real this year..."

So, he moved Florida State from his 2 spot to 5 after they won. That man should not have a vote.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Reice Davis said during last nights game that he has Clemson in as his #2 in voting. There seems to be some mounting koolaid drinking right now for clemson. We need to win convincingly this week over uga.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default When do rankings come out and where will we sit

I see Clemson at 4 us at 5. Jumping to 3rd and Clemson staying put for the next week.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I can see Clemson jumping us because of the exposure and beating a supposed #5 ranked team. Doesnt really matter. #5 or #6 is ok by me...these are great times.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
Reice Davis said during last nights game that he has Clemson in as his #2 in voting. There seems to be some mounting koolaid drinking right now for clemson. We need to win convincingly this week over uga.
do you blame them... nationally televised game... great exposure ... beat a top 5 team and look pretty good doing it... i dont have anything wrong with people ranking them high after that... if we had won in a game like that people here would be ready to burn bristol, conn down if we werent ranked 3 or higher... rece davis is one of the best commentators espn has and a good analyst
Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Oh how I remember the days of just receiving votes to be in the AP/Coaches poll..
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

Dari Nowka said he had us @ 4 with Clemson @ 3 and acknowledged that Gamecocks fans would be baffled b/c we've beaten them for 4 years straight.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

I think FL State's performance and especially their QB's performance should overshadow Clemson somewhat. They play in October, so my guess is that's for the division title. At worst, it makes the whole picking a champion in ACC muddled. At Best, they put FL State and Clemson in the top 7. My guess we end up at #6 or #7 overall if you take all the polls in consideration.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

dont really care about rankings to be honest

Gamecockfanatic4 is online now   Reply With Quote