CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
WeStillOwnUSC
JDJones
b381l
kick_ball
gamecockgal
l^l^lBGCock
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
10 years since " (2139)
Sidney Rice is havin (1623)
Why the hesitance to (1182)
Should UNC get death (571)
2014 Charleston Clas (543)
BJ Mckie (483)
Getting Back on Trac (364)
Hospitality Area? (330)
Cocky cloth towels (313)
Challenge to or revi (258)
Big George Statue
2014 Charleston Classic *
Mullen Pulls QB's Scholar
Scott King let go as Clin
Lineup Changes (Offense)
2014 Charleston Classic *
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
UCONN upset...are we No.1
Watson hurt again
ESPN's Mike Golic keeps p

Old 09-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
cockymike
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockymike is making other chickens nervouscockymike is making other chickens nervouscockymike is making other chickens nervouscockymike is making other chickens nervouscockymike is making other chickens nervouscockymike is making other chickens nervouscockymike is making other chickens nervous
Default WTH is wrong with some of y'all?

I'm seeing so many posts doubting our ability to win, and win convincingly this weekend.
This is not the 'old' Carolina. Believe me. I have lived most of my life under the shadow of the 'old' Carolina. This team is not that.
The bottom line is that we are a better football team than UGA. Period. We don't need to worry about what they can do as much as we need to worry about what we can and should be able to do.
If this team shows up ready to play at the level we're capable of playing, the outcome of this game shouldn't be in question. We have better players, better coaches. End of discussion.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material
Default Re: WTH is wrong with some of y'all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymike View Post
I'm seeing so many posts doubting our ability to win, and win convincingly this weekend.
This is not the 'old' Carolina. Believe me. I have lived most of my life under the shadow of the 'old' Carolina. This team is not that.
The bottom line is that we are a better football team than UGA. Period. We don't need to worry about what they can do as much as we need to worry about what we can and should be able to do.
If this team shows up ready to play at the level we're capable of playing, the outcome of this game shouldn't be in question. We have better players, better coaches. End of discussion.
We have had the players and coaches the last 2 years, but our away offense last season was very average, and maybe below average in some eyes. I think the game being away is why people may question our chances to leave Sanford Stadium with a W.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Believe me,

Alot of us have been here along time. We've sat here and watched teams rise up and then crumble in late games. Watched Carolina start great and end horrible. Everyone in here believes, but always respect a team when their back is against the wall. Never let it get to deep over your head.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
go garnet
Walk On

Male

go garnet has feathers coming ingo garnet has feathers coming ingo garnet has feathers coming in

Quote:
I agree... I was saying that at work all day today...
Old 09-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
We have had the players and coaches the last 2 years, but our away offense last season was very average, and maybe below average in some eyes. I think the game being away is why people may question our chances to leave Sanford Stadium with a W.

we win with defense captain. you ever see Alabama and lsu play? that's pretty much the style we play. Enjoy.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:

100% agree. good post.

WINNING

Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

What's wrong with me?! I'll tell you what's wrong with me!

A little bit of reflux, and some high blood pressure. But otherwise, I'm good.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 400
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I'm optimistic (which is cause for concern because I'm usually pessimistic), but UGA will give us their very best. I can almost guarantee you that. We will have to fight for this win. We'll also have to play better on both sides of the ball (which I believe we will). I will say that I am confident about Clowney having a big game. His name has been drug through the mud for close to a week now. Colin Cowherd called him the #1 phony in college football today. I'd say JD7 will bring his best Saturday, too. Cocks in a close one.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #9
ALIESTER COCK
Banned

Male

ALIESTER COCK has hatched from the shell

What's wrong with me?! I have hypochondriac pregnant wife with gestational diabetes that likes to embarrass the hell out of you in restaurants... Thinks she's dying all the time, nags the crap out of me, wont stay off facebook, and thinks I take gamecock football to seriously. That's what the hell is wrong with me!!!
ALIESTER COCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
we win with defense captain. you ever see Alabama and lsu play? that's pretty much the style we play. Enjoy.
Yes, I have seen Bama and LSU play. We need our offense to score. We didn't win with defense vs UF or LSU last season, because our road offense could not score enough, and in UFs game our offense didnt even show up, captain.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #11
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

It's not that I don't think we CAN'T win, I just don't see us winning 42-17 or 35-10 like some have said. Trust me, no one would love to see this happen more than I would, and if I'm wrong about it I'll gladly come back here Saturday night and eat crow.

I have confidence we can win, I just don't see a blowout.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
You ever watch us play in the swamp last year. Our defense brought their game the offense...gave the game away.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
skhunt84
Recruit

Male

skhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudlyskhunt84 is crowing loudly

Nice post, 4th consecutive win coming soon!!!
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  49.6 KB
skhunt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #14
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

Quote:
Yes, I have seen Bama and LSU play. We need our offense to score. We didn't win with defense vs UF or LSU last season, because our road offense could not score enough, and in UFs game our offense didnt even show up, captain.

what about the other 11 games? you just want to forget about those?

and how many times did lsu give up 21 points last year?

22 to towson, 21 to SC, 21 to Alabama, 25 to Clemson and 31 to ole miss.

3 of those teams were in the top 5 in offense in the sec while one led the ACC. its worth mentioning they held A&M to 19 on the road.

having said that, our offense is more than capabale and will do their part. florida was an off week. we scored 35 the next 2 weeks and put 27 on Clemson and 33 on Michigan.

our offense is very capable of pulling its weight. room for improvement? absolutely.

a weakness? absolutely not.

WINNING

Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #15
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
You ever watch us play in the swamp last year. Our defense brought their game the offense...gave the game away.

They had a bad game, sure. check the post above for clarification.

WINNING

Old 09-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #16
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
what about the other 11 games? you just want to forget about those?

and how many times did lsu give up 21 points last year?

22 to towson, 21 to SC, 21 to Alabama, 25 to Clemson and 31 to ole miss.

3 of those teams were in the top 5 in offense in the sec while one led the ACC. its worth mentioning they held A&M to 19 on the road.

having said that, our offense is more than capabale and will do their part. florida was an off week. we scored 35 the next 2 weeks and put 27 on Clemson and 33 on Michigan.

our offense is very capable of pulling its weight. room for improvement? absolutely.
What does LSU have to do with this? We won 11 games which is great, but our 2 away SEC losses is what kept us out of the SEC championship. Other than the Clemson game last season our road offense was very average, and lifeless vs UF. Michigan was a neutral site. I think our road offense is capable, but they need to perform better on the road this season if they want to make it to the SEC championship, especially with 3 SEC away games in a row in the month of OCT.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

Unfortunately, as I've said before, the old Carolina mentality is still alive and well among many of the fanbase. They just can't help themselves!
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1234
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Drops mic, walks out the building...

Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #19
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

Quote:
What does LSU have to do with this? We won 11 games which is great, but our 2 away SEC losses is what kept us out of the SEC championship. Other than the Clemson game last season our road offense was very average, and lifeless vs UF. Michigan was a neutral site. I think our road offense is capable, but they need to perform better on the road this season if they want to make it to the SEC championship, especially with 3 SEC away games in a row in the month of OCT.
you brought up LSU and florida.

you can be negative about the offense all you want and focus on the 2 losses instead of the 11 wins if you want. That's crazy. You'll be first in line to brag about the offense when they have a good game Saturday though I'm sure.

Go ask Clemson how they could have such a "lifeless" offense against south Carolina at home, then go put up 400 plus on lsu and beat them.

we aren't going to score 35 points every week and if that's what you want you better go pull for Oregon or somebody that plays nobody with a decent defense.

WINNING

Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #20
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113804578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I would to see shaw play a great road game. I cannot remember one unless you count the bowl.