CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
Copperhead
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
Winston (4595)
ESPN reporter adding (2608)
SOS: No QB controve (1949)
Waldrop injured (1753)
Just read this. (1088)
In light of our matc (1036)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (997)
How we won the UGA g (951)
Christian Walker cal (626)
If we keep winning a (570)
How we won the UGA game:
Winston
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
Christian Walker called u
Sig I'm giving a Dawg Bud
ESPN reporter adding to t
If this doesn't give you
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia

Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material
Default Why we beat UGA...

Some people around here are down in the dumps since Clemson jumped us. So, here's some facts. Some truth about Georgia. And the truth shall set you free.

1. Grantham has zero idea about how to stop Spurrier. None. Zilch. Nada.
2. Murray is 1-10 all time against teams in the top ten.
3. UGA gave up 197 yards rushing to Clemson. Yeah, with no Ellington or Spiller.
4. They actually did relatively well in passing D, only gave up 270. Probably b/c Clemson discovered that UGA was actually worse at run D than they were.
5. UGA showed weak tackling, took terrible angles to ball carriers and displayed a proclivity for biting hard on the play action fake.
6. Their oline had a hard time protecting Murray from the big bad Clemson pass rush. (sarcasm). Clowney and Co. will come to eat. And will leave full.
7. Ward knows how to stop Bobo's offensive attack.
8. Their top wideout is out for the season. It changes what they want to do. By a lot.
9. We have beaten them 3 straight times, last time 35-7.
10. Finally, after all the talk all week about how bad our defense looked from a conditioning standpoint, do any of us really think that they aren't gonna show up and in a big big way? Seriously?

Saturday at 4:30 is ass whooping time, Gamecock style!!! That is all.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 7920
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit
Default Re: Why we beat UGA...

2. Murray is 1-10 vs top 15 opponents*

11. Couple extra days to gameplan (thurs-sat instead of sat-sat).
12. Their kicker is suspended for at least a half, maybe full game?
13. Gurley may be hobbled. Either way, he's still the best back anyone will face this season....
14. Games pretty early at 4:30 and a lot of UGA fans are already disheartened. Force a mistake or 2 and that crowd will quiet down very fast.
15. Get some playmakers back on O.
16. Mike Davis will run hard for his homestate crowd (he did have an offer to UGA so it's not a revenge thing, but who wouldn't want to show out?)
17. With our pass rush and Connor's proclivity for protecting the football, I expect to be on the right side of turnover margin.

I can think of plenty of counterpoints but I'll leave the negativity for elsewhere
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
U-S-C till i D-I-E
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
U-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming inU-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming in

The lines. Both of them. Their o-line looked shaky against a fairly average defense. We should be able to win that battle. The d-line looked shaky against the run. Davis, Wilds, even Shaw should be able to get some big runs. They won't beat us if control both lines. Our front vs. Gurley is my biggest concern.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
salvacock
Walk On

Male

salvacock has hatched from the shell

"Lord, I believe, help my unbelief" Mark 9:24
salvacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
GamecockTim1992
Walk On

Male

GamecockTim1992 has hatched from the shell

Our guys must tackle upon first contact to stop Gurley. We let too many tackles last week slip, literally, through our arms at first contact.
GamecockTim1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
TroubleCock
Blue Chip

Male

TroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his combTroubleCock is developing his comb

we kept gurl and marshall to a combined 75 yards, im not worried about the run d.
TroubleCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
Some people around here are down in the dumps since Clemson jumped us. So, here's some facts. Some truth about Georgia. And the truth shall set you free.

1. Grantham has zero idea about how to stop Spurrier. None. Zilch. Nada.
2. Murray is 1-10 all time against teams in the top ten.
3. UGA gave up 197 yards rushing to Clemson. Yeah, with no Ellington or Spiller.
4. They actually did relatively well in passing D, only gave up 270. Probably b/c Clemson discovered that UGA was actually worse at run D than they were.
5. UGA showed weak tackling, took terrible angles to ball carriers and displayed a proclivity for biting hard on the play action fake.
6. Their oline had a hard time protecting Murray from the big bad Clemson pass rush. (sarcasm). Clowney and Co. will come to eat. And will leave full.
7. Ward knows how to stop Bobo's offensive attack.
8. Their top wideout is out for the season. It changes what they want to do. By a lot.
9. We have beaten them 3 straight times, last time 35-7.
10. Finally, after all the talk all week about how bad our defense looked from a conditioning standpoint, do any of us really think that they aren't gonna show up and in a big big way? Seriously?

Saturday at 4:30 is ass whooping time, Gamecock style!!! That is all.
I feel pretty good about this one. If it were home, it would be no doubt. I think we are fine on the road. Connor has won 2 big bowl games and some big SEC road games. I think he completes the career with a win at UGa.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I like this thread.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

One thing I noticed.
Clemson got a lot of pressue blitzing...I don't think we will have to blitz with our front four rotation.

Murray seemed to struggle with pressure and finding spots in a zone.
I agree with others...if Gurley gets going, our D will be in trouble.

Granted, he will get his yards I think, we just can't let Marshall get going and need to limit the effect of Justin Scott-Wesley.

And honestly, I don't think Georgia knows how to stop a zone-read. Their outside linebackers were crashing in a lot against Clemson, and that lets me think we could have a field day running the read with Shaw/Davis/Wilds.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
CU_Tigers4Life
Recruit

Male

CU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervous

Just need to outscore them...nothing fancy
Attached Images

CU_Tigers4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_Tigers4Life View Post
Just need to outscore them...nothing fancy
Yeah in the SEC we play something called defense, we can control the ball by running it down your throat and playing stingy defense that pro style offense wont muster 300 yds on our D and maybe score 14 points but more like 10. We dont have to outscore anyone so yeah your flashy stats vs maryland, duke, wake etc wont help you none against the UF, Bamas, TA&M, LSU of the world on weekly basis.

I love the clemson scum on this board after a tater win.....
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

We need Waldrop healthy.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleCock View Post
we kept gurl and marshall to a combined 75 yards, im not worried about the run d.
Last years Defense was alot different then this years.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
I think we are better
Old 09-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #15
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
I think we are better

This game against UGA will tell us how good they really are. Gotta wrap up. Saw too many missed tackles in the UNC game.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
One thing I noticed.
Clemson got a lot of pressue blitzing...I don't think we will have to blitz with our front four rotation.

Murray seemed to struggle with pressure and finding spots in a zone.
I agree with others...if Gurley gets going, our D will be in trouble.

Granted, he will get his yards I think, we just can't let Marshall get going and need to limit the effect of Justin Scott-Wesley.

And honestly, I don't think Georgia knows how to stop a zone-read. Their outside linebackers were crashing in a lot against Clemson, and that lets me think we could have a field day running the read with Shaw/Davis/Wilds.
Clemson got pressure with just four men a lot of times. Clemson's defense is soft as hell. That they scored so much on Clemson and moved the ball so effectively is not all that impressive, imo. What is notable is the way they got pressure with just their line.
StretfordEnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
Gamecock23
Recruit

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 1st place 2007 Bowl Winner 
Gamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his clawsGamecock23 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
We cannot over pursue Gurley or Marshall. Both make full speed cutbacks at the LOS that result in missed arm tackles by linebackers. I hope that Coach Adams' more aggressive style of play (Gap control) doesn't open up running lanes by being out of position. We need to stay in our lanes and make these two backs hesitate. They combined for 25 carries last year and we never let them get a full head of steam. They both can turn 10 yard runs into 70 yard TD's. Our D-line needs to occupy space 1 yard on the offensive side of the LOS. Play head up against their man and take away their blocking angles. Then the young LB's can come lay a hit on those big thighs of Gurley. Must wrap up!!!!!! Not worried about our offense....Spurrier will have a sound game plan to outwit Grantham.
Gamecock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I think we will win because our Cocks are bigger. Our OL outweighs theird DL by almost 50 pounds on the average and we're taller. Interestingly enough, our OL's average wingspan is also longer than uga's DL's. So our Cocks have more Length and Girth, that's why we'll win.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
Cocky_Maniac
Recruit

Male

Cocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervousCocky_Maniac is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I think we will win because our Cocks are bigger. Our OL outweighs theird DL by almost 50 pounds on the average and we're taller. Interestingly enough, our OL's average wingspan is also longer than uga's DL's. So our Cocks have more Length and Girth, that's why we'll win.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #20
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I want to see the patented Grantham "Deer in the Headlights" panic attack in full mode this Saturday.

People talk about players having nightmares of Clowney...

Grantham has nightmares of Steve Spurrier, and for good reason.