CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
cockybreeyan
Freshman ND WR " (717)
Call of Duty: Advanc (495)
Good Riddance to bad (410)
Keeping tailgate foo (295)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (260)
An A to Z of Noah We (177)
The Comeback & T (146)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (70)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (68)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MI (67)
Bashing Players, coaches,
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Rest of the season predic

Old 09-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous
Default PETRINO, WOULD YOU HAVE HIM

I know we spent allot of time talking about who our next coach will be in the offseason. I expect Spurrier to coach 3 more years (mainly to make Connor Mitch his masterpiece), and by that time Petrino will most likely have done his time in the NCAA doghouse and will be coaching again at a major D1 program, so this is probably a pointless assertion. I have made plenty of mistakes in life and am all about second chances. Petrino would be my first choice to take Spur's place. We would have another coach who beat us down for years leading us. Thoughts? Who else would be as good?
Harry Tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705
Default Re: PETRINO, WOULD YOU HAVE HIM

In a heartbeat...I don't care what he was doing in his free time. It sucks for his family that he's sleazy in that regard but that doesn't effect his coaching. I know I might be in the minority on that but that doesn't make him a bad coach. 20 years ago people were getting away with the crap they aren't now because social media and the desire by people for 15 minutes of fame didn't exist.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

He'll be somewhere big enough that he won't leave in 3 years. But I don't think Spurrier will coach 3 more years either, probably 2.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Promote Lorenzo
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Is it the offseason?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

I would love to have Petrino when Spurrier retires.
MountainCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
In a heartbeat...I don't care what he was doing in his free time. It sucks for his family that he's sleazy in that regard but that doesn't effect his coaching. I know I might be in the minority on that but that doesn't make him a bad coach. 20 years ago people were getting away with the crap they aren't now because social media and the desire by people for 15 minutes of fame didn't exist.

I agree....first and foremost, they are there to win freakin ball games....all the other stuff is important and hopefully they have good human qualities, but again they are here or at any school to produce W's. Period.

Reminds me of when Brad Scott was here and he was about to be fired....we all were at a staff meeting...this friend of mine was going on and on and on about how wonderful a Christian he is, etc....I had about enough of it and I said, "Look I don't care if he worships Satan (kidding of course), a coach is not here to go to church!" The room erupted in laughter and Brad was soon after fired.
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 699000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Have a look at who our AD is, and tell me if you think Petrino would ever coach here.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

After SOS... Heck YES...
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

I'll go against the grain and say I don't want him associated in any way with Gamecock Athletics or the University of South Carolina. He's sleazy, and if he's cheating on his wife/family, he's cheating on his university, team, players, and coaches. We have been lucky to have some really good men of faith and character and high morale working at USC and I would like to see that continue. Tanner, Spurrier, Martin, Holtz, etc. I would like to see one of two from the current staff promoted, Elliot or Ward. If neither of them, Charlie Strong or a young up and coming defensive coach.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilchCock View Post
Promote Lorenzo

This!

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Nope. There are better candidates out there.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I think the timing would be right for someone else coaching now in Kentucky. Charlie Strong.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

No doubt about it, him or Mike Leach would be two top choices.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
But their relationship was full of turmoil. Mr. Cobble says the coach frequently questioned his willingness to do things Mr. Petrino's way, and was prone to criticizing him in front of fellow staff members.
When Mr. Cobble was hired, in 2009, he was told he reported to Bill Edwards, director of athletic training and sports medicine. But he and Mr. Petrino had arguments over his reporting line, he says, with the coach believing that he worked for him.
Mr. Cobble says the coach also questioned his medical abilities, was impatient with return-to-play times, and pushed back on physicians' decisions.
Things boiled over, Mr. Cobble says, after a doctor ordered surgery for an injured player. When Mr. Cobble shared the news with Coach Petrino, he says the coach suggested treating the injury with cortisone. The player got a second opinion but ultimately had the surgery. (Through a spokesperson, Mr. Petrino declined to comment.)
In early April, e-mails between Mr. Cobble and Andy Wagner, director of football operations, which The Chronicle obtained through a records request, describe communication problems among players and staff. A few weeks later, Mr. Cobble was called into a meeting with Mr. Edwards, his supervisor, and Todd Stewart, the athletic director, to discuss his future with the program. He was subsequently fired.
He wishes that Mr. Stewart, who would not comment on a personnel matter, had done more to stand up for him.
"He had a choice," Mr. Cobble says, "and truthfully, I think he went with the million-dollar deal instead of what's right."
http://chronicle.com/article/Trainer...s-With/141333/

this is one of the many many reasons i would never want that man to represent the University of South Carolina... there are much better, respectable and smarter coaches out there... i would have fundamental issues with our athletic department and athletic director if they ever even considered hiring this man ..

*for the record Danny Cobble use to work here
Old 09-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Awesome coach, but too unlikable.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

We could do better-

Also to those saying 2 or 3 years for Spurrier.... isn't that what people have been saying for about 8 or 9 years now? Good news is if you keep predicting 2 or 3 years you will eventually be right.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #18
purebredcock
Show Me.

Male

purebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to purebredcock

Never. I want a coach with character
#1 debbie downer
purebredcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #19
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Yea, I'd like to think he will be capable of redemption and I guess I'd let Tanner make the call on if he's changed. If he has, I'd like to see him here.
Harry Tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

No - He is scum.