CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
trapper82
2000grad
Kaka
Captain9Dragons
carolina_corpsman
spareparts
Spotter22
gAmkok
Pw00132
ESPN is mad that USC (3619)
Vandy, Missouri, Ken (3132)
Mike Davis (2325)
Terrible Officiating (1463)
Cack's Toast of the (1444)
Worse 1st and goal p (1150)
USC -21 and a hook @ (979)
If (big IF) we can w (873)
USC vs Mizzou on CBS (697)
How the top 25 SHOUL (664)
Mike Davis
No Gurley near the goal l
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Terrible Officiating.
Cooper
CockyTalk Football Pickem
4-Star WR opts for soccer
20 of 31 former players s
Brad Guzan
Really excited to visit t

Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
mercjason
Loving being a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 400
mercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spurs
Default Chris Low's top 25

Chris low, who has one of the best fingers on the college football pulse usually picks the correct winner. In 2010 he was 8 for 9 picks in the SEC. I just saw this post in his blog:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...power-rankings

He is picking Clemson as the #2 team in the land. #2!
Wow, what does he see in them?

"Cameron Newton is eligible at Auburn University. Period. End of story," Auburn coach Gene Chizik- Justice Served, Gene!
mercjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chris Low's top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercjason View Post
Chris low, who has one of the best fingers on the college football pulse usually picks the correct winner. In 2010 he was 8 for 9 picks in the SEC. I just saw this post in his blog:

A joke of a schedule, so they will have at least 10 wins, without effort. Also they get 6 weeks between major games, so plenty of time to prepare for each game.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

they had a quality win, not too many teams were playing quality teams the opening weekend. i'd put clemson 1 or 2 after the first week. that certainly doesnt mean i expect them to be in the championship game which might be the case for chris low as well.

as the season goes along maybe that georgia win doesnt look as good as it does now. maybe clemson's defense will keep getting exposed and theyll have close games against bad teams. in which case theyll drop before they even get to the fsu game on oct 19th.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

its only been ONE week. try to remain calm...the sample size is small. things have a way of working themselves out over the course of the season
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:

Clemson is the sexy team right now... it is what it is
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
Clemson is the sexy team right now... it is what it is
grose.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 596
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

I have no major problem with Chris having the tiggers at #2, the Cocks will have the opportunity to take of that on Nov. 30th. What I do have an issue with is LSU at #5!!! Now, if he had the Cocks at #4, I would have dismissed the ranking but I have a feeling that their ranking has more to do with him not wanting to admit that the Cocks are at least the second best team in the SEC!?!?!!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

They are a horse collar away from losing the game and yet they are great. I just don't get it.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

I guess if we beat UGA at home then the Cocks will jump to #1 in the country.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Week 1-5 mean absolutely nothing in rankings.....
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quality win vs top 10 team and they are almost assured to go undefeated until late in the season. this way, he has almot the entire season to look right.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
35-21
The Thickened Chicken

Male

35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

The thing about polls that irks me is people who vote based upon how they envision a team finishing the season. That is not the question. The question is who are the Top 25 teams right now. That is the reason I can respect folks who put Clemson in their Top few teams, as much as I hate to see them rated above us. Heck, based upon what I saw this weekend, they appear to be a better team than Bama (which I highly doubt, but all I have to go on is week 1 performance).

When they don't give us the same kind of acknowledgement for beating UGA on the road, while not re-evaluating Clemson's ranking, because "maybe UGA just isn't that good," that's when I will get bent out of shape about it.
35-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Aschoff is becoming a favorite of mine. He is getting to be a reasonable guy to listen to.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Amazing how the entire nation is on Clemson's nuts right now. I dont get it.

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I guess if we beat UGA at home then the Cocks will jump to #1 in the country.
off the top of my head before looking at what happened in the other games, id vote us there. opening game 17 pt win over a team that won 8 games last year, and georgia would be the best quality road win for anyone.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

The polls have no logic, but if it wants to gain any amount of respect. Here is this weeks games

Clemson vs SC State BCS vs FCS
Stanford vs San Jose St BCS vs FBS

If USC beats UGA by 2 scores, nothing Clemson or Stanford does should warrant them to stay ahead of USC.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

I think Chris goes out of his way sometimes to show he's not biased towards the Gamecocks.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #18
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
I think Chris goes out of his way sometimes to show he's not biased towards the Gamecocks.

This I agree with.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
A joke of a schedule, so they will have at least 10 wins, without effort. Also they get 6 weeks between major games, so plenty of time to prepare for each game.
Got it.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:

A soft schedule.
Plus, they won 1 of their big 3 games.
They need to beat FSU and USC...and even if they lose to USC, they will still be highly ranked heading into the ACC title game (where I think they play Miami).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote