CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
SC Sandlapper
So Disappointed With (1778)
Rank the QBs under S (1339)
Why I think we beat (938)
Back like cooked cra (935)
Tennessee game (642)
Who start on the d l (599)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (434)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (323)
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re
Vote For Cocky
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Dylan

So from what we've heard Spurrier had no idea Dylan was in the game when he completed the pass for the touchdown. How did that happen and I wonder who put him in? Did Shaw give him the go a head it did GA? Thought it was pretty funny.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Dylan

Where did u read that? I haven't heard that. Not doubting you(I can never keep up with everything on this board) just saying I'd like to read more.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

We have to get Dylan in the game more if Connor is having to scramble and take a beating. If we are going to win the SEC we need Dylan. I don't think anyone can beat a two quarterback USC but I do think sticking to just one makes us beatable. It's just too hard for defenses to handle both Connor and Dylan. Defenses prefer one look not two.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

It was a play or two after Connor ran and was tackled awkwardly. I think he realized he needed to come out for a minute and called himself out and Dylan in, so he could make sure he was 100%. Dylan just needed 1 play to contribute!

JD
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Anyone else think of the Dave Chappelle skit about who the best rapper is? Dylan, Dylan and Dylan haha

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Old 09-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
So from what we've heard Spurrier had no idea Dylan was in the game when he completed the pass for the touchdown. How did that happen and I wonder who put him in? Did Shaw give him the go a head it did GA? Thought it was pretty funny.
I think Shaw was hurt 2 plays before when he landed on his head.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Cockfight
Recruit

Male

Cockfight has feathers coming inCockfight has feathers coming in

Hard for me to believe Spurrier dint know Dylan was in there. I mean Connor dint call a time out, he came up gimped...ran off the field, said Dylan...you go in for a play I need a breather. I don't think so....The QBs are standing very close to Spurrier as plays are going in.....you can believe he would have noticed his General running off the field. Just my opinion.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #9
Grit_And_Steel
Not The Average Cracker

Male

CockyCash: 200400
Grit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot materialGrit_And_Steel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfight View Post
Hard for me to believe Spurrier dint know Dylan was in there. I mean Connor dint call a time out, he came up gimped...ran off the field, said Dylan...you go in for a play I need a breather. I don't think so....The QBs are standing very close to Spurrier as plays are going in.....you can believe he would have noticed his General running off the field. Just my opinion.
I agree but Spurrier did say it, someone will post audio or article at which he said such.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Spurrier did not know until after it happened. He said it on one of his press interviews.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Have go agree with you here..its not like the QBs are sitting on the bench when were on offense..they are all huddled around SOS seeing the play-call
Old 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
We have to get Dylan in the game more if Connor is having to scramble and take a beating. If we are going to win the SEC we need Dylan. I don't think anyone can beat a two quarterback USC but I do think sticking to just one makes us beatable. It's just too hard for defenses to handle both Connor and Dylan. Defenses prefer one look not two.
We didn't need to that game because they only scored 10 points.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Mark Richt has lost control of USC's QB rotation.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 09-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
cjohnson
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 794
cjohnson has hatched from the shell

Listen to Spurrier's post game interview, he says that he didn't know Dylan had went into the game, and that Connor must have pull himself out.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

There were no designed plays for Dylan last week. Like Spurrier said, he was giving the game to Shaw and letting him play the entire game. He said that all summer. Now in his last presser, he mentions trying to get Dylan in for some plays. I take this to mean if we get a two score lead, Dylan will get a series. I hope he does, it would benefit Connor to get an extended rest and see some plays from the sideline and it would benefit Dylan to get some live game action.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
We didn't need to that game because they only scored 10 points.
I know the score. Without Dylan it would have been 20-10. Not many points. Clemson passed us in the polls because we only mustered 27 pts vs UNC. Not a good sign.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #17
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
I know the score. Without Dylan it would have been 20-10. Not many points. Clemson passed us in the polls because we only mustered 27 pts vs UNC. Not a good sign.
When you went back in time and found out we would not have scored 27 points if Connor stayed in the 1 play he was out, could you share with us how that drive turned out? Just curious to know what happens on these otherworldly planes...
Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

This is ridiculous
Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #19
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervousSpurProsecutor is making other chickens nervous

I just hope that if and when Dylan comes in this week it is based on the fact that we have the lead, as opposed to an injury to Shaw because he failed to slide feet first like every other qb in college football. Slide feet first Connor!!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #20
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
When you went back in time and found out we would not have scored 27 points if Connor stayed in the 1 play he was out, could you share with us how that drive turned out? Just curious to know what happens on these otherworldly planes...
You're right. I'm sure Connor would have hit Whitehurst. That is; if he wasn't tucking it and running like UNC prepared for all week. Connor gets conservative and predictable. Without Davis' 75 yard run the score without Dylan is now 13-10. 75 yard runs are quite rare in football.

Without Dylan we lose to an excellent Michigan team in Orlando.
With BOTH Dylan and Connor we can beat anybody. I don't think you can say that with just Connor playing. I don't derive this opinion from another unworldly plane. I just use common sense and my eyes. Nobody else in College football has a Connor and a Dylan. Nobody!
Neither Connor or Dylan by themselves can take USC to 12-0 but the two together can.
Closed Thread