CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
markp_vip
Acockolypse Now
PageUSC
jrussjr
spareparts
COCKYTALKIN
eightohhthree
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
Legitimate, Unbiased (1733)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1633)
why we're in this po (1434)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (1183)
I guess we don't get (1156)
Predict the Season ( (1018)
open discussion of t (989)
Dylan Thompson picke (810)
Spurrier Press confe (795)
Look who's at the bo (741)
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Vols @ UGA (ESPN - Noon)
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Predict the Season (After
Dillon Day suspended
Vols dismiss RB for punch
Waldrop & Williams
Sprint Cup driver Scott S
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy

Old 09-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Places to eat - Sandestin?

I'm going to Sandestin in 2 weeks for the first time in about 14 years. I imagine a lot has changed since back then. What are some must eat places I need to check out?

Girlfriend is insisting we eat at the Crab Trap.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Re: Places to eat - Sandestin?

I love Sandestin, Destin, Miramar Beach. I would avoid Dewey's. One of the most overhyped grease traps there is. Our favorite restaurant down there is actually Aegean Greek Restaurant believe it or not. We always get the Souvlaki Diner.

Fat Clemenza's also has very good pie. I know you were probably looking for seafood recommendations, but I figured I'd share my favorites. I'll usually pick up some Gulf Shrimp and do it myself while I'm down there.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

If you are headed there via I-10 get off near Pensacola and head on down to the Flora-Bama. http://www.florabama.com/ From there you can tae a 2 hour scenic drive on to your destination.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
GvilleCocks
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 1575
GvilleCocks is learning to peck

I mostly only know about places to the East off of 30A, but here are a few of my favorites.

- Red Bar is a little far away from Sandestin, but very good
- Stinkys Fish Camp in Santa Rosa, awesome in my opinion and not too far away
- If you venture all the way into Seaside, Bud and Alley's is a little overpriced in my opinion. But the rooftop patio bar is amazing and the best view you're gonna get anywhere. Seaside also has some pretty cool almost food trucks that line the road, and its a neat place to just walk around, grab some food, and then get some drinks. My girlfriend thought it was great.

Those are just a few suggestions, but I think anything off of 30A would be a good bet. I don't know as much about things to the West of Sandestin unfortunately.
GvilleCocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Crab trap is phenomenal
Old 09-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
uscfwbfan
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1410
uscfwbfan has earned his spursuscfwbfan has earned his spursuscfwbfan has earned his spursuscfwbfan has earned his spursuscfwbfan has earned his spursuscfwbfan has earned his spurs

Since I live here and eat out alot...let's ask a very important question, what food type are you looking for?

I have lived here for 17 years and yes it has changed a lot. Deweys has a new location on the harbor and better food. But I don't eat there because there are more better places. I would not limit yourself just to sandestin (I would include Destin too). Here is a link that may help: https://www.google.com/search?q=rest...e=&safe=active

If you haven't been to Grand Harbor, there's Mitchells Fish Market, Tommy Bahama, Cantina Laredo etc. down the street close or in Baytown is elephant walk, Seagar's, Acme Oysters.

If I can help more, send me a PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

Beautiful part of the country. I had one of the best steaks I have ever eaten at McGuires Irish Pub in Destin. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/
MountainCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
eightohhthree

Male

eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfwbfan View Post
Since I live here and eat out alot...let's ask a very important question, what food type are you looking for?

I have lived here for 17 years and yes it has changed a lot. Deweys has a new location on the harbor and better food. But I don't eat there because there are more better places. I would not limit yourself just to sandestin (I would include Destin too). Here is a link that may help: https://www.google.com/search?q=rest...e=&safe=active

If you haven't been to Grand Harbor, there's Mitchells Fish Market, Tommy Bahama, Cantina Laredo etc. down the street close or in Baytown is elephant walk, Seagar's, Acme Oysters.

If I can help more, send me a PM.
If I may make one suggestion, take an afternoon/evening and spend it in Baytowne Wharf. Its a lot of fun. Every Wednesday night they have a free concert series. They have lots to do there, a variety of restaurants, a pier with an incredible view, Hobrau Haus Beer Garden, ect.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Thanks everyone!

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
eightohhthree

Male

http://www.baytownewharf.com/where_to_go.asp?type=4