CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3316)
2014 Subway Classic: (1621)
aTm demolishes Kyle (745)
Cocky at the Duck Co (721)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (638)
Really, REALLY glad (575)
Deer Hunting 2014 (379)
movers, furniture do (313)
Happy Winter Solstic (283)
Streaming nfl games (269)
Greatest Gamecock Players
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha

Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Forgive me for posting this....

But man...soda is the last thing you need.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material
Default Re: Forgive me for posting this....

Allow me to vent. I don't know this man's condition or why he has to use a scooter, truly I don't. I have to say however that unless they are elderly, it seems to me that the people using these scooters are usually HUGE! Again, really trying hard not to judge, but you just can't help but get the feeling that for many the primary reason they have to use these things is because of what they put in their mouths and how much time they spend on th couch. So many conditions and diseases can be directly linked back to this. It's just kind of irritating.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

^

I totally agree with you. Most people who operate those motorized carts are doing so because they are obese...not disabled or elderly. Well, unless they want to claim they are disabled because of their weight.

I would feel bad for some of them IF I didn't see the most stereotypical decisions/choices from them in the grocery store and restaurant. Yet they will tell you it's a hormone disorder; not their eating and living habits.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
^

I totally agree with you. Most people who operate those motorized carts are doing so because they are obese...not disabled or elderly. Well, unless they want to claim they are disabled because of their weight.

I would feel bad for some of them IF I didn't see the most stereotypical decisions/choices from them in the grocery store and restaurant. Yet they will tell you it's a hormone disorder; not their eating and living habits.
Some people claim the opposite, they are overweight because they are disabled. I don't know which came first, the chicken or the egg, but I've seen both in my lifetime and I've never thought either as an excuse for being overweight. My mom has had two bad knees since she was in her mid-20s (the first was in her teens...she dislodged her kneecap in gymnastics while doing a flip). She cannot workout, but she does stay in shape by being constantly active. She is now 59 and still highly mobile with no sign of letting down. Now, every story is different, but if my mom can do it, so can the majority of people who say they are disabled.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

I have a friend that is considered morbidly obese. He gets around okay and doesn't use a scooter. I think his is a thyroid problem, but also no exercise, smoking like a chimney, and drinking massive amounts of Mountain Dew doesn't help either. I think he could lose weight if he tried but that's the problem: he won't try.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Fat men help me look good in comparison to them, so I don't mind. It's like, you eat a hamburger, and start thinking about steak, but then you are given a tofu burger. All of a sudden, the hamburger ain't so bad anymore!

For those not following, I'm the hamburger in the above analogy, the fat guy is the tofu burger... Nevermind.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Sometime, not always, but sometime its because what ever the physical side of the problem does not allow for enough exercise. Friend of mine not nearly that large, hates to go out in his scooter because when people look at him, he knows what they are thinking. He looks fine but his muscles in his legs just don't work correctly. Thus he can't get the exercise he needs without falling and that's not enough to lose weight.

Just saying.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #8
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

I have an aunt, while she doesn't use the scooter or anything is fairly round for her size. Unfortunately she had a problem and the doctors gave her steroids which caused a problem with her hypothalmus. She will never be able to lose her size. She is on a constant diet and has been for 15 years to keep from gaining weight. Yeah, if you seen her in person most of you would laugh and say "Fatass" or something, but know that there are people out there who through true medical problems can't help it.

Lord forbid I ever hear you though.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

The problem in our society is that many disabilities cannot be visualized. When people can't see a cast or a brace or a prosthesis, an oxygen tank, or anything that screams "disabled" then the assumption is made that the person has no reason to be disabled. My wife is on disability for heart failure and diabetic complications. She uses the carts in the stores due to severe shortness of breath and difficulty walking from neuropathy.

I try to reserve judgement on people in these chairs.

That being said, I laughed out loud when I saw that pic!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
taylorssc
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

^^

The problem is that somebody would stop and take a picture of this guy before trying to help him; then post it online.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Heard on the news that morbidly obese is the fastest growing segment of overweight people. You have to be 100+ lbs overweight for that category

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

It is all part of the vast alien conspiracy.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
Salmon
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000501
Salmon is learning to peckSalmon is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82 View Post
I have a friend that is considered morbidly obese. He gets around okay and doesn't use a scooter. I think his is a thyroid problem, but also no exercise, smoking like a chimney, and drinking massive amounts of Mountain Dew doesn't help either. I think he could lose weight if he tried but that's the problem: he won't try.
Smoking doesn't make you obeese. I have lots of friends who smoke and they are not that way
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

ever seen Wall-E?

exactly
Old 09-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
ever seen Wall-E?

exactly
LOL...first thing I thought of when I saw the pic