CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky > NCAA Football

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
JDJones
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
kick_ball
SanAntonioCock
10 years since " (1987)
Sidney Rice is havin (1518)
Why the hesitance to (1017)
BJ Mckie (416)
Should UNC get death (392)
2014 Charleston Clas (355)
Getting Back on Trac (325)
Hospitality Area? (300)
Cocky cloth towels (262)
Challenge to or revi (226)
2015 Defensive Line
2014 Charleston Classic *
Micheal Shumacher Fightin
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Dragon Age Origins free!
Should UNC get death pena
Family, Faith, and Gameco
How many??
Lineup Changes (Offense)
weekend conference Predic

Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Talon1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous
Default NCAA Football 14

So for those of you who purchased this years game, after having some time to play it now, are you happy with it or more disappointed.

Did they ever fix the grey facemasks?
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
davidwatson249
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 490
davidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervousdavidwatson249 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: NCAA Football 14

I'm not sure about the facemask because I haven't really noticed it either way but I've definitely enjoyed the game. Best running game set up that they have ever had. Passing game is about the same and I enjoy in dynasty where you have XP points to upgrade your coach. Road to Glory is the exact same as last year.
davidwatson249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

I like it. Ultimate team is by far my favorite feature. The coaching XP has is actually fun. Its always been fun building a school into a powerhouse. Also the physics on defense make you actually work to get around the offensive linemen. I really like the ability you have as a ball carrier. Trip tackles kinda suck. But overall its good. Still fun.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
usc_thereal
Recruit

Male

usc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming in

Best edition they have put out in a long time, IMO. Thoroughly enjoy it. Pretty sure the facemasks were fixed with one of the most recent updates, but I can't remember because honestly you don't even notice it after a few games. At least I don't, hence why I can't remember if they fixed it or not.
usc_thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

The passing game has been improved by them fixing DBs to have to be looking at the ball to react to it. This is true, because I've completely a few passes that in years passed would have been knocked down at the very least. However, the DB wasn't looking and the ball zipped right past him.

The LBs can't jump 50 feet anymore, so that is a 100% improvement. It's opened my pass game up tremendously, because now I'm not worried about throwing over the top. I still have a few batted down, but they're not picked every time.

The directional passing is a huge plus. You can throw a receiver open.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
robertfootball
Walk On

Male

robertfootball has feathers coming inrobertfootball has feathers coming inrobertfootball has feathers coming in

No "Beast Board" for WB this year.
robertfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfootball View Post
No "Beast Board" for WB this year.
Yes it would be nice if it were in it but a video board doesn't make gameplay any different. Its just aesthetics.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

I love it. I can run zone read and kill it.
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #9
usc_thereal
Recruit

Male

usc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming inusc_thereal has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
The directional passing is a huge plus. You can throw a receiver open.
This is far and away my favorite aspect of this game and makes it so much more realistic. Moreover, I've found that the people who bitch about the passing game and say they throw too many picks is without a doubt because they don't utilize the passing stick.
usc_thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #10
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

I'm a little late to the party, but I picked up NCAA 14 this past week. Been trying to get a good feel for the game. As far as Carolina is concerned, our team is really well rounded. I downloaded a roster through EA Locker from "bucsneverlose", I think. He had done some pretty good editing, and naming of the rosters. The zone read is unstoppable. I've run shaw for at least 300 yards through two games, and Davis and Carson are averaging 200 yards per game combined. The run blocking is really nice. I can't seem to get the hang of throwing the ball though. Maybe I'm just bad at it, and throw into coverage too much, but I throw too many pics, so I just don't throw it much. It makes the game kinda boring, but, I win by running the piss out of it. Defense is more difficult to get to the QB for a sack, and if you bump him after he lets the ball go they're going to throw a flag for intentional grounding. Aaron Murray threw for over 200 yards against me, but Ryner from UNC had less than 70. both teams combined for -6 yards rushing. I'm playing on All-American with some sliders adjusted. Still trying to perfect that. Thoughts? Also, could anyone fill me in on the uniform updates? What are they?

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #11
garnetknight
4-Star

Male

garnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his comb

can you add custom stadium sounds on 14?
Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #12
CarolinaCJAM
Carolina Band

Male

CarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his combCarolinaCJAM is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetknight View Post
can you add custom stadium sounds on 14?
Yep
Old 08-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #13
garnetknight
4-Star

Male

garnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his combgarnetknight is developing his comb

cool , thanks