CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
JaxcockFL
Legalman72
Gamecocks1137
CockTail
BBlackwell
uscgamecocks88
GamecockMomSC
peterlemon
Cant believe no one (2014)
We Have to Pass (1366)
Spurrier weekly pres (732)
Rivalry Thoughts and (710)
This would be awesom (584)
How is Shaq Davidson (503)
Two Gamecock women a (377)
Comparing Results Of (336)
Man jumps from plane (257)
McConaughey cast as (252)
Perspective on our game f
Spurrier weekly presser..
Watson to start
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Bowl projections
We Have to Pass
2 USC/Clem tickets sectio
This would be awesome....
USC/clemson spread
Why has there been 40 yea

Old 09-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
superdawg51
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
superdawg51 has hatched from the shell
Default Forget clowney.........

well, not totally but if the dawgs are to win this game it's Shaw we must stop. Connor will have a much bigger impact as far as the scoreboard is concerned. Our young defense versus a good running qb.....i am not confident. His knack for extending plays will hurt us for sure. Much of the fan base has given up on murray's ability to win important games. Really depends on how many ints /fumbles AM produces.....and where they occur on the field.
superdawg51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Forget clowney.........

i guess you forgot about this

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

Opposing teams and coaches fear our QB with reason. He moves those chains all afternoon Saturday and UGA has no chance.
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post

man i love that play.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in

But anyway this that and the other
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdawg51 View Post
well, not totally but if the dawgs are to win this game it's Shaw we must stop. Connor will have a much bigger impact as far as the scoreboard is concerned. Our young defense versus a good running qb.....i am not confident. His knack for extending plays will hurt us for sure. Much of the fan base has given up on murray's ability to win important games. Really depends on how many ints /fumbles AM produces.....and where they occur on the field.
You are right, you shouldn't be confident. When Shaw scrambles and is decisive about it he is too quick for your front 7 when he takes off, much quicker than Boyd and he can take it a LONG way if it is there. You can't count on him to give up turn overs either because he is extremely careful with the football. If he has a guy open he USUALLY throws it to him and he is pretty accurate at least up to medium range passes. He is also a Georgia boy from just up the road in Flowery Branch. Says he doesn't and Georgia and his brother played for Ga Tech so you can expect him to have extra motivation for this one. What you can hang on to is that at times Shaw takes off running when doesn't feel good about making a throw even if players open. That indecision can stall drives for us. However, if he struggles you better be ready for Dylan Thompson who has the ability to rip your young secondary to shreds with his arm.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post

Those are the kind of plays he can do, if your offense gives him a chance to catch his breath.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I think he makes a good point. Clowney is gonna get his, they have to be prepped for that, but depending on How Shaw and/or Dylan play they may no be in it. If the offense isn't clicking they only need a few points and Clowney and the D become less of a factor.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #9
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
man i love that play.

and this one, neuter the mascot with his head in hands after ingram goes in for 6...LOL

Old 09-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
You are right, you shouldn't be confident. When Shaw scrambles and is decisive about it he is too quick for your front 7 when he takes off, much quicker than Boyd and he can take it a LONG way if it is there. You can't count on him to give up turn overs either because he is extremely careful with the football. If he has a guy open he USUALLY throws it to him and he is pretty accurate at least up to medium range passes. He is also a Georgia boy from just up the road in Flowery Branch. Says he doesn't and Georgia and his brother played for Ga Tech so you can expect him to have extra motivation for this one. What you can hang on to is that at times Shaw takes off running when doesn't feel good about making a throw even if players open. That indecision can stall drives for us. However, if he struggles you better be ready for Dylan Thompson who has the ability to rip your young secondary to shreds with his arm.
The pass he made to Shaq last week was perfect, too. If he can get that deep ball going, it could really open up the offense for him.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
The pass he made to Shaq last week was perfect, too. If he can get that deep ball going, it could really open up the offense for him.
Oh, I am not saying he can't make the long ball. It's just not what he does best. He floats the ball a little bit, but he isn't BAD at the deep passes. Roland did have to slow down for that one a bit by the way, it wasn't really perfect, but if the defender is too far out of position they can't stop it. We fooled their safety on that one with a great play design.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #12
Jim Lahey
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

I hope UGA forgets about Clowney
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B View Post
and this one, neuter the mascot with his head in hands after ingram goes in for 6...LOL

the shot of the mascot live was almost too much. what a memory!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #14
Cockdaddy2001
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot material

Yeah I'd forget about Clowney too. He's over, washed up, out of shape, never played good against Georgia anyway.

The best part of all this is that Georgia had to use/show everything they had and still lost. We jumped on top of UNC and shut it down and went vanilla! Nobody really knows what we have.............
Old 09-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material
Wink Re: Forget clowney.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdaddy2001 View Post
Yeah I'd forget about Clowney too. He's over, washed up, out of shape, never played good against Georgia anyway.

The best part of all this is that Georgia had to use/show everything they had and still lost. We jumped on top of UNC and shut it down and went vanilla! Nobody really knows what we have.............
Georgia will have a few tricks, too. I expect both sides to use tricks. We used very little of our plays. Richt has not forgotten Ingram. We played a bunch of young guys. We will find a way to win.
Georgia should have beaten Clemson. They are a better team. Next year they will.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
I'd like to see more shots deep to Byrd
Old 09-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Oh, I am not saying he can't make the long ball. It's just not what he does best. He floats the ball a little bit, but he isn't BAD at the deep passes. Roland did have to slow down for that one a bit by the way, it wasn't really perfect, but if the defender is too far out of position they can't stop it. We fooled their safety on that one with a great play design.
Shaq didn't slow down at all. And look don't jump all over me. Does Connor throw every pass perfectly? Hell no. But this is the kind of stuff that bugs me a bit. I just watched that pass about ten times and Shaq does nothing close to slowing down. He hit him in perfect stride. You don't want the ball to be thrown in such a way that the receiver is having to dive for it.

I am on my phone so I can't post a link to the catch, but if you watch it you will have to show me where Shaq "had to slow down"

I don't know what you would call perfect, but that one was about as close as someone can get. There is no way you can watch the video of that play and say that you can see Shaq slowing down to make the catch.

But in fairness, I guess the idea of perfect is subjective. So let me know of a pass thrown by any QB at SC in the last several years that was more "perfect" than that pass. I would like to compare them.

Again this has nothing to do with how Connor throws it other times. I just get sick of fans never giving players credit. That pass was about as "perfect" as you will ever find and it just amazes me that someone is still critiquing it.

Last edited by cofcgamecock9; 09-05-2013 at 06:08 PM.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #18
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I'd like to see more shots deep to Byrd
SHHHH!!!!

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Forget clowney.........

We usually play our best game vs GA and Clemson since Spurrier gas been here.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #20
iEnvy_#7
Walk On

Male

iEnvy_#7 has hatched from the shell

With Ellington and Buster Anderson back in the game, we should see alot more screen plays and/or deep passes for completions. Oh, and lets not forget about Shaq Roland!! Our offense should have a heck of a day this saturday.

Kid's a freak... he's the fastest kid alive!
iEnvy_#7 is offline   Reply With Quote