CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
b381l
18IsTheMan
Cocks N Stuff
GH
yazoo
ccured
kingofnerf
WeStillOwnUSC
Confused fan here. (4363)
Is anybody still opt (4009)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (2128)
How were the Aggie f (1400)
Will Gameday still c (1033)
Heck of an atmospher (916)
Play for next year (854)
Priority #1: Teach T (801)
Ward's D has a patte (793)
great pic (735)
How were the Aggie fans a
I hate a thief
Will Gameday still come?
Connor Shaw Browns
So, Dylan Thompson?
Confused fan here. Why i
David Williams??
Is anybody still optimist
Step back from the ledge
Watching other games

Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002
Default First time going to Athens

My wife and I are going to be heading over to Athens for the first time on Saturday, and were wondering if anyone else is going to be leaving from the Lexington/Columbia area that we could caravan with? We're planning on leaving around 8:00-9:00 Saturday morning. Getting to the area shouldn't be a problem, but we're trying to make sure we don't end up parking in the middle of all-Bulldog country, don't get lost trying to find parking, etc. Please PM me if you're interested.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default Re: First time going to Athens

It is AWESOME! You'll be driving and its all country and old houses/farms and then BOOM! You're in Athens and it's sweet! Watch out though, you can't have alcohol on the sidewalks.
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in

Best looking girls in the SEC IMO...don't take alcohol outside bars or you get ticket/arrested. The stadium not as nice as I thought it would be.
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Best SEC city/town IMO

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday View Post
Best looking girls in the SEC IMO...don't take alcohol outside bars or you get ticket/arrested. The stadium not as nice as I thought it would be.

I have to agree with the prettiest girl part and I'm an old fart. Always had the best looking girls this side of the Grove...
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Good luck, UGA fans are awful
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Definitely my favorite SEC town that I've visited. I'm headed down there tomorrow. GO COCKS
Old 09-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

Help me out...i was there in 2011 and i dont recall the stadium being that loud. Is that typical ir am i miss remembering?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

[QBeUOTE=bhusc2002;3896539]My wife and I are going to be heading over to Athens for the first time on Saturday, and were wondering if anyone else is going to be leaving from the Lexington/Columbia area that we could caravan with? We're planning on leaving around 8:00-9:00 Saturday morning. Getting to the area shouldn't be a problem, but we're trying to make sure we don't end up parking in the middle of all-Bulldog country, don't get lost trying to find parking, etc. Please PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

Be very, very careful if you choose to walk over the tressel. I got hit with a bourbon bottle our last game there. There were some rocks dropped as well.
It was very loud that day.
We parked in downtown Athens and had no problems at all. We are staying with some Georgia family this time. That might get interesting.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #10
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

If you go to Athens, where the heck do you park?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #11
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

Don't go unarmed!
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
Help me out...i was there in 2011 and i dont recall the stadium being that loud. Is that typical ir am i miss remembering?
I've been to several games there, including some non UGA v USC games and you are right, it just doesn't seem to be a very loud stadium.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #13
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19158950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Most UGA fans are great. There are some rotten apples like anyplace.

People will bark in your face.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default First time going to Athens

I know the bars were fun when I lived there. Much better then 5 points. Of course I knew better then to walk in there with a USC shirt.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #15
Nuke LaLoosh
UFC ON THE SIDELINE

Male

Nuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spurs

Be real careful when driving through Athens. If you slow the car down real slow, they'll toss a diploma in the backseat!

Nuke
Nuke LaLoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

CockyCash: 590
IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to IHateOrange

If you talk to their fans they are going to play it up like they are huge underdogs and say things like "Don't hurt us too bad"! They are incredibly critical of their team after a loss. If we win a lot of them will change their tune and get a little nasty towards you. It has happened every time I have attended a win for us there.

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
IHateOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #17
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

atlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spursatlcocky has earned his spurs

Yep, they can be nasty at home during a loss. I've had stuff thrown at me in that stadium, though the people around me were very friendly. Athens is a great town, but UGA fans are a bit over emotional if you ask me ( kinda like Dabo, except they bark).
atlcocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #18
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Been to a good portion of SEC stadiums and while I like their campus, their stadium, their bar scene downtown...they are easily the worst fans to be around, especially after they lose a game.

I have seen more things thrown at opposing fans inside Georgia's stadium than anywhere else...and they will do the whole "shit talking after you have passed their tailgate" from behind- not to your face.

I almost got arrested in 2005 or 2006 when we played there. I went outside to my vehicle to grab something and they wouldn't let me back inside the bar where my girl was at. Door guys started talking a lot of shit (one had zero teeth, no joke) and tried to flag down cops on bikes saying I was causing trouble. I had only been in that bar about 5 minutes total...but had a Gamecock shirt on. Cops were dicks, too. Didn't want to hear anything I had to say.

Again, it is fun and the ride to Athens is great...but their fans, in general, suck imo.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #19
bcgibson75
Starter

Male

bcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPitbcgibson75 rules the CockPit

We're going over later today. Staying with some UGA friends that actually went to school there, and don't breathe fire after a loss.

IMO - don't leave Carolina car flags or magnets on an unattended vehicle in Athens. I've seen everything from busted out windows to keyed cars in Athens. The UGA imbreds will find your car if you don't take down.

The 'Tree That Owns Itself' is cool thing to see over on Finley and Dearing St/in a nice neighborhood. Also might want to walk through the quad/see the Arches.

GO COCKS!!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #20
JM1984
Blue Chip

Male

JM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot materialJM1984 is USC mascot material

Take a change of clothes if you are driving back that night...they like to piss in cups and throw them at opposing fans.

SPURTICUS in 2012!!!
JM1984 is offline   Reply With Quote