CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
b381l
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
usc1
gamecockgal
Gamecockfanatic4
B-G
smoovecock
StormOfTalons
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (874)
Spurrier vs Saban (865)
Kansas to invest $75 (783)
When does fall pract (739)
An Air Algerie Fligh (305)
Expect A Healthy Dos (288)
Anyone Switching to (279)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (279)
Darth Vader 'Vette (205)
Places to eat in Conway?
official UFC thread. (new
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Official WWE Thread
Spurrier vs Saban
college football match up
Coach's media golf press
Preseason Depth Chart
Signee James Thompson arr

Old 09-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default How confident are you if...

Curious to know how anybody feels if this game comes down to us kicking a FG?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 110000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material
Default Re: How confident are you if...

pretty much a matter of the distance and angle of the kick... if it's a chip shot, i'm not nervous about our blocking/execution.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think any kind of confidence always goes out the door in that situation, and praying takes over.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

If this game comes down to special teams, I don't like our odds.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
imabeastonu
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
imabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot materialimabeastonu is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
If this game comes down to special teams, I don't like our odds.
our special teams just isn't that good.
imabeastonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
copperbeech69
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 349
copperbeech69 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeastonu View Post
our special teams just isn't that good.
yea it's just unfortunate. we have always had such a good team on both sides of the ball the last 3-4 years but special teams always scares me. i lost the most faith in them in our bowl game vs michigan. they missed i think 2-3 fgs and put us in jeopardy of almost losing. but to answer this question, how confident will I be now? probably as confident as when I was watching them last year, not much.... =/
copperbeech69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
TheLoudOne
Walk On

Male

TheLoudOne has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Curious to know how anybody feels if this game comes down to us kicking a FG?
I see the winds of the all might Zeus coming down and blowing it straight between the sticks and hitting a dude in the face......... but that's just my opinion
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Depends on who needs the field goal....UGA's kicker is still suspended this week, and they had snap problems last week.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

if the FG is within 40 yards then I will be okay. I'm more worried about our ability to stop the run and being able to run when we have the ball.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
Cocky_Balboa
Walk On

Male

Cocky_Balboa has hatched from the shell

I'm not very worried for the simple reason that we know, and the coaches know, what we're getting with Frye. He's good from 40 and under. Anything over and Spurrier is just as likely to go for it as he's had a good reputation for doing throughout his career. With our improved OL performance, I like our chances at moving the sticks in 4th down and short yardage situations.
Cocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

What? Our kicker has never, NEVER missed a field goal since he got here. How can you question that?
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #12
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 13641
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Fry kicked a 50yd field goal in the all-star game.
Herbie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

I feel better this year than I did last season... He drilled his kicks last week so I see no reason to be concerned
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #14
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

I'm confident it won't come down to a FG
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Much more confident this year than last year.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Much more confident this year than last year.
Whaatttt???? Based off of one game?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in

Hopefully it won't come down to a kick but Fry seems confident enough
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #18
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Whaatttt???? Based off of one game?
Dude ! What do you want him to say ? He was just answering the question, and i for one agree with him.
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
I'm confident it won't come down to a FG
I think this covers it !
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #20
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Dude ! What do you want him to say ? He was just answering the question, and i for one agree with him.
I was looking for an explanation as to why he felt more comfortable about us this year then last year.....