CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
cockybreeyan
ReadR00ster
Goofyboy
rrsandersjr
Freshman ND WR " (760)
Call of Duty: Advanc (502)
Good Riddance to bad (425)
Keeping tailgate foo (303)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (268)
An A to Z of Noah We (188)
The Comeback & T (177)
Bashing Players, coa (139)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (86)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (74)
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
Rank the QBs under Spurri

Old 09-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material
Default Question about Stadnik..

I am nervous as hell about this game and I was pretty confident up until Waldrop went each day and wasn't getting back out to practice. So here are my questions.

1. Is Stadnik that bad right now? I am serious about this question. Shawn Elliot has changed his tune this week because he has to support our players. So this week, he has said that he has confidence in Stadnik. But I, along with many others of you, heard Elliot just a couple of weeks ago when he basically laughed when a reporter asked him about Stadnik. I can't remember his exact comments, but they were not positive.
2. Spurrier said last night that Knott may end up getting playing time. So again, is Stadnik that bad that now they are potentially moving on to Knott? I don't even know anything about Knott.
3. Am I thinking too much into this? I usually don't let this stuff get to me because I kind of follow Spurrier's mindset that you plug the next guy in and go play. But it almost seems like we don't have a guy on the roster after Waldrop that is even close to being a SEC caliber player (at this point).

PS - I know I am the one that always defends our players and now it sounds like I am bashing one. I don't mean it that way at all. I don't know that we could expect much more out of him. He is only a freshman and he has no experience. But on the other hand LSU played some freshman against us last year that did pretty well. So could Stadnik surprise us or is he really really behind the curve right now??
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Question about Stadnik..

Personally, I think you're overthinking it CofC. Someone will step up and manage the spot. If we have to get creative, I'm sure Elliott will figure something out.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Stadnik got that slam from Elliott at the beginning of camp. Since then he's made comments to the effect that he's doing OK. There's not one thing you can change by worrying about it, so best to tune in tomorrow and see who trots out there.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Personally, I think you're overthinking it CofC. Someone will step up and manage the spot. If we have to get creative, I'm sure Elliott will figure something out.
Thanks! I hope so. I feel pretty confident about our chances otherwise. But it just seems like we have gone from having a SEC caliber lineman (Waldrop) to a high school one in one week.

But I am probably just buying into the comments too much this week. Also, it just made me nervous when I heard Elliot kind of laugh about the backup guys a couple of weeks ago.

If that one position doesn't impact the game too much then I feel pretty good.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
I am nervous as hell about this game and I was pretty confident up until Waldrop went each day and wasn't getting back out to practice. So here are my questions.

1. Is Stadnik that bad right now? I am serious about this question. Shawn Elliot has changed his tune this week because he has to support our players. So this week, he has said that he has confidence in Stadnik. But I, along with many others of you, heard Elliot just a couple of weeks ago when he basically laughed when a reporter asked him about Stadnik. I can't remember his exact comments, but they were not positive.
2. Spurrier said last night that Knott may end up getting playing time. So again, is Stadnik that bad that now they are potentially moving on to Knott? I don't even know anything about Knott.
3. Am I thinking too much into this? I usually don't let this stuff get to me because I kind of follow Spurrier's mindset that you plug the next guy in and go play. But it almost seems like we don't have a guy on the roster after Waldrop that is even close to being a SEC caliber player (at this point).

PS - I know I am the one that always defends our players and now it sounds like I am bashing one. I don't mean it that way at all. I don't know that we could expect much more out of him. He is only a freshman and he has no experience. But on the other hand LSU played some freshman against us last year that did pretty well. So could Stadnik surprise us or is he really really behind the curve right now??
Quote:
On whether Clayton Stadnik is pushing Waldrop for the starting center job:

Waldrop's whipping his tail right now. He's beating the fool out of him. Right now, [Waldrop's] not even in the conversation. Unless he turns it around, it may be a true freshman backing him up.

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...-running-backs
That was August 7th. He has improved since then, but thats the one position I was concerned with from a depth perspective coming out of camp.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Question about Stadnik..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
That was August 7th. He has improved since then
... A month?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

The way I think about it is that c Stadnick must be good enough for them to start him because if he wasn't they would move Cann to C and play Sport or B Stadnick at G.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
The way I think about it is that c Stadnick must be good enough for them to start him because if he wasn't they would move Cann to C and play Sport or B Stadnick at G.
Thanks Page! That makes sense and helps me feel a bit better.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
BigSteven34
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35360615
BigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot materialBigSteven34 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to BigSteven34

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I'm simply hoping for him to hold his own and get off good, clean snaps.
BigSteven34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

He's had since last week to work with the #1s. No way the coaches let him go on the field tomorrow without being as ready as he can.
We've had a lot of guys step up the past few years....maybe Clay can as well?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
not really....it's too different a position for anyone to learn in a week.....Clayton will be fine....if the coaches were that concerned about him, then they would have moved someone else there a month ago....
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
not really....it's too different a position for anyone to learn in a week.....Clayton will be fine....if the coaches were that concerned about him, then they would have moved someone else there a month ago....
Good point.. Thanks. You are right in that our coaches are thinking about depth, etc all the time. I am sure they didn't sit around the desk at a coaches meeting and say "well, Clayton really has no chance of being effective at center, but we are just going to pray Waldrop doesn't get hurt."

Maybe Elliot was just trying to push him when he said those things about him a month ago. Hell, maybe he was just pissed off at him on that day.

I guess I will just hope for the best.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #13
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Good point.. Thanks. You are right in that our coaches are thinking about depth, etc all the time. I am sure they didn't sit around the desk at a coaches meeting and say "well, Clayton really has no chance of being effective at center, but we are just going to pray Waldrop doesn't get hurt."

Maybe Elliot was just trying to push him when he said those things about him a month ago. Hell, maybe he was just pissed off at him on that day.

I guess I will just hope for the best.
Plus they can use him to double on the defensive lineman depending on where they line up. So he won't necessarily be singled on their NT every play.

"A defensive lineman's technique is simply where he lines up in a given defense.The "techniques" are numbered from the inside of the line out (mostly***). The numbers refer to a spot where the center of the defensive lineman's body ends up.

Lining up at a "zero technique" means the DL lines up right over the Center's nose. Moving outward, the even numbers mean lining up directly over an offensive lineman, so 2 is right over the guard, 4 over the tackle, and 6 over the tight end.

The odd numbers mean a DL lines up on the outside shoulder of a lineman. A 1-technique means lining up just to one side of the center, 3 technique on the outside shoulder of a guard, and 5 technique on the outside shoulder of a tackle. Lining up on the outside shoulder of the tight end is actually a 9 technique, and the inside shoulder of the TE is a 7 technique."
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #14
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in

I believe we will see Waldrop the majority of the game...I believe we will see issues w the snap early with Stadnik and Waldrop will play the majority of the game at less than 100 percent obviously but SOS won't lose a game bc we can't snap the ball
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #15
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

First College game in Athens....Dear Lord, Please help this kid. Loud stadium, snap counts screwed up, rattled, under/over thrown balls :/ Oh boy.......I hope you're ready C.Stad
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

I am worried about their size difference. Clay is 281 while Waldrop is 319. That is a lot to give up.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
First College game in Athens....Dear Lord, Please help this kid. Loud stadium, snap counts screwed up, rattled, under/over thrown balls :/ Oh boy.......I hope you're ready C.Stad
this kid....Clayton is older than Cody....he be fine....
Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #18
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Clemson's center is about same size as Stad and I think he won ACC Olinemen of the week. He'll be fine.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #19
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
this kid....Clayton is older than Cody....he be fine....
Their all kids too me lol
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #20
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Time for Stadnick to step up his game. I hope he does well.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote