CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
MWard
SAETerrier
Acockolypse Now
CoverTwo
ertman420
sc455
Larenz Bryant update (2002)
Victor Hampton Arres (1202)
Joeckel Transfering (1178)
2016 - Greg Little (816)
UK's Whitlow to tran (736)
What type of snake i (667)
response from charte (606)
Wu Tang affiliated r (517)
Attendance next seas (301)
how has more ESPN an (223)
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Joeckel Transfering from
how has more ESPN anounce
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
Victor Hampton Arrested
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM

Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Dolphins owner

Gives Michigan 200 Million dollars when his team needs a new stadium. Go to hell Stephen Ross!!!!!!
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
gamecocknva
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 500
gamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPitgamecocknva rules the CockPit
Default Re: Dolphins owner

Pretty shameless that he's asking the Miami tax payers to foot the bill for a new stadium.
gamecocknva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

He's just following the Jerry Richardson blackmail strategy.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He's at least renovating the stadium but if he has the money for that plus 200 million to give to Michigan than he could have built a new stadium
Old 09-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
Salmon
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Salmon has hatched from the shell

Why would you tell him to go to hell

Do you really want God to forsake him, send him to hell, because of a stadium
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
Why would you tell him to go to hell

Do you really want God to forsake him, send him to hell, because of a stadium
It's a figure of speech for crying out loud, this is not the religious forum.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #7
DA954BADBOY
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2110801
DA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot materialDA954BADBOY is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He's at least renovating the stadium but if he has the money for that plus 200 million to give to Michigan than he could have built a new stadium
Where do you think he would build a new stadium at? Not sure how many locations Dade county has to offer.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

well they need to figure it out, because that place isn't in good shape from what I hear.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #9
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
It's a figure of speech for crying out loud, this is not the religious forum.
a figure of speech to u, but offensive to others. I share his sentiments but I also realize this is probably not the place make that statement. But seriously think about it like someone who gets offended because u said something about there race. Whether people understand or not using religious terms in an unintended manner usually result in someone who is devout taking offense. Its easier just to refrain from such. No?

Anyways not bashing you, just putting things in perspective. And for all I know the guy may have been joking even...

To be on topic though, I probably wouldn't build my team. New stadium either if they underachieved as much as the dolphins have. Not because the fans don't deserve it, but because I doubt it helps me win games which is their ultimate problem. But spending 200 mil on Michigan is insane. He should hire better scouts and coaches with that money.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpyloser View Post
a figure of speech to u, but offensive to others. I share his sentiments but I also realize this is probably not the place make that statement. But seriously think about it like someone who gets offended because u said something about there race. Whether people understand or not using religious terms in an unintended manner usually result in someone who is devout taking offense. Its easier just to refrain from such. No?

Anyways not bashing you, just putting things in perspective. And for all I know the guy may have been joking even...

To be on topic though, I probably wouldn't build my team. New stadium either if they underachieved as much as the dolphins have. Not because the fans don't deserve it, but because I doubt it helps me win games which is their ultimate problem. But spending 200 mil on Michigan is insane. He should hire better scouts and coaches with that money.
How do you know the donation didn't go to academic programs at Michigan? Michigan is a top tier institution.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons

Well that's true too, but with Michigan being Michigan, I would assume they have plenty of financial support for their academic program. I guess I assumed since he was a sports owner it would go toward athletics. I'm not even 100% familiar w the situation so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #12
Gamecock303
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

half of the $200 million is going to the athletic department at Michigan, the other half is going to the business school at Michigan (which is named after him).

I can't blame him, if I had that kind of money I would rather donate it to USC than spend it adding a roof onto a stadium that is pushing 30 years old, not to mention it isn't just the $200 million that is needed for the repairs and additional $150ish million is also needed.

Oh and he is gonna save more money over a shorter period of time in taxes by donating to michigan over putting that money into the stadium
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #13
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

What has Miami done to deserve a new stadium?