CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
A. Pilgrim
robgusc76
taylorssc
Travelin
cocks are us
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2784)
Herbstreit on " (1017)
Gamecockology Helms (987)
SEC QB's in the Red (970)
Little know stat (We (960)
Where do you like to (530)
We're going to the N (504)
Amelia Earhart Plane (291)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (209)
This season and recr (194)
Uniforms for Tenn
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Where do you like to sit
We're going to the NCAA T
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Gamecockology Helms
2014 WS: Giants vs. Royal
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2

Old 09-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly
Default Hats off!

What can I say! Georgia came ready. Our Gamecocks looked good in specks, but they could not get the job done. I know that all of my Georgia friends will be talking all types of noise towards me, even though I never talk... so, whatever...

But, I am not mad, sad, or upset... this seasons gets SO much easier for our boys, and all they have to do is run the table, and have some help, and We will be in Atlanta with a 11-1 record... Now, how will it end? I dont know, but I just feel that getting mad about the results of today's game is not worth the energy. Like you, I wanted a Gamecock win, but it can't happen all the time.

The beauty about losing is that there is room for improvement... The coaches will get their heads back together and work out whatever got them heated on the sidelines, they will apologize to the team for their conduct, Spurrier will talk to them, so will Ward, and they will come out ready to win.

I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND, HEART, SOUL, OR BEING that this game did not hurt us. The last 2 seasons, when we beat Georgia, we had the harder conference schedule. This year, its them with the harder schedule, and we can win out and end up in Atlanta. I believe that our boys are smart enough to get all that needs to be corrected, straighten out, and will do damage in this season.

So hats off to uga. I hope they have a great season. Heads up Gamecocks... The end is nowhere in sight. GO COCKS!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hats off!

Im staying optimistic. Our schedule still plays in our favor for a trip to Atl. Every game on our schedule looks winnable to me and we get Clemson and UF at home. This can still be a great season.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Hats off to the oline. The best unit on the field today. Cant believe I typed that
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

UGA was the better team today. No doubt about it....thats football.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons

Amen! Couldn't of said it better myself!
Carolinafan8908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
RoboRooster
Walk On

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 3rd Place 2007 Bowl Pickem 
RoboRooster has hatched from the shell

You're right that the end is no where in sight. But we are going to need some seriously better, all around, defensive play. And we need to run I formation on occasion for a hard nose yard... or foot as the case was today.

We get those straight and we could end up in Atlanta. I don't think Georgia gets through the rest of the year without a loss. But if they do they deserve what they get.
RoboRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
UGA was the better team today. No doubt about it....thats football.

They got the win, but the margin was not that big. 3 plays swung the game: 1. Connor's Fumble 2. Bruce losing it in the sun 3. Not converting on 4th and goal. If any of those plays end differently, we might be talking about a different result.

I will say though, even if we had converted any of the plays above, we still would have needed a big mistake from Georgia late. However, history tells us UGA makes mistakes when the pressure is on. We just couldn't get the pressure high enough today.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaze7683 View Post
What can I say! Georgia came ready. Our Gamecocks looked good in specks, but they could not get the job done. I know that all of my Georgia friends will be talking all types of noise towards me, even though I never talk... so, whatever...

But, I am not mad, sad, or upset... this seasons gets SO much easier for our boys, and all they have to do is run the table, and have some help, and We will be in Atlanta with a 11-1 record... Now, how will it end? I dont know, but I just feel that getting mad about the results of today's game is not worth the energy. Like you, I wanted a Gamecock win, but it can't happen all the time.

The beauty about losing is that there is room for improvement... The coaches will get their heads back together and work out whatever got them heated on the sidelines, they will apologize to the team for their conduct, Spurrier will talk to them, so will Ward, and they will come out ready to win.

I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND, HEART, SOUL, OR BEING that this game did not hurt us. The last 2 seasons, when we beat Georgia, we had the harder conference schedule. This year, its them with the harder schedule, and we can win out and end up in Atlanta. I believe that our boys are smart enough to get all that needs to be corrected, straighten out, and will do damage in this season.

So hats off to uga. I hope they have a great season. Heads up Gamecocks... The end is nowhere in sight. GO COCKS!!!
Thank you for writing this. I'm prepping for a week of "Clowney sucks", "our defense sucks", "our coaches suck", etc. Just gonna have to put my earmuffs on I guess.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
Swampcock57
4-Star

Male

Swampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his combSwampcock57 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRooster View Post
You're right that the end is no where in sight. But we are going to need some seriously better, all around, defensive play. And we need to run I formation on occasion for a hard nose yard... or foot as the case was today.

We get those straight and we could end up in Atlanta. I don't think Georgia gets through the rest of the year without a loss. But if they do they deserve what they get.
If we win out we will need UGA to lose two SEC games because they will own the tiebreaker.
Swampcock57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Great post. Time to move on..it's a long season.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Better team won, gave credit to all my dawg fan friends already. Hope y'all lose 2 times in conference tho.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
SCMunnerlyn1
Former Florence Resident

Male

CockyCash: 875
SCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his combSCMunnerlyn1 is developing his comb

We clearly didn't watch the same game. I saw lynch holding , Gates clipping, chopping. Their RG waltzing and molesting our DT and other miscellaneous bs all game. I stuck by Carolina after John Kasay kicked it outta bounds. I sat through years of us sucking to us finally being good. And I have now seen that it is impossible to beat the SEC as it is now. Guise our baby lost to Clemson so an example must be made of the state of SC but don't worry a few false start calls will make it seem like we were being 100% fair.

The past is history,tomorrow is a mystery,but today is a gift.. that is why we call it the present
SCMunnerlyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
impirius
Galactic Overlord

Male

impirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot materialimpirius is USC mascot material

Couldn't agree more. Our guys played a good game, but UGA was just better today. Here's hoping this loss makes the team better and gets them ready for big things ahead.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Am I upset about losing? Absolutely! But I sure do wish more fans were like myself and most others who started or have posted in this thread: level-headed and don't let a game in which I didn't play ruin my life and make me act like a jerk to the people around me.

Anyway, I agree that we should all give credit where credit is due, and the fact of the matter is that UGA took advantage of the situations presented to them and we did not. That means that for today, UGA was the better team.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

I agree with this.

I've already seen some crazy ass posts like:

"spurrier will quit after this year"
"the offense cost us this game"
"we wont win 8 games"

.....calm down people.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
Am I upset about losing? Absolutely! But I sure do wish more fans were like myself and most others who started or have posted in this thread: level-headed and don't let a game in which I didn't play ruin my life and make me act like a jerk to the people around me.

Anyway, I agree that we should all give credit where credit is due, and the fact of the matter is that UGA took advantage of the situations presented to them and we did not. That means that for today, UGA was the better team.
Im right there with you brother!! Stay classy..were not out of it just yet!!!
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his combCockyinVA is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampcock57 View Post
If we win out we will need UGA to lose two SEC games because they will own the tiebreaker.
Technically, we could win out, Florida could be undefeated in league play, beat Georgia, then we beat Florida. However, I don't see Florida running the table to Georgia.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
atlcocky
Recruit

Female

atlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his combatlcocky is developing his comb
Thumbs up Re: Hats off!

I'm upset, and maybe it's harder because clemson won, maybe it's harder bc i live in Georgia. I will say that UGA was straight up the better team today and deserved to win. Doesn't mean we can't meet out goals and win out and wind up in Atlanta (payback for sure). But I did expect a better gameplan from the coaches and better execution from the D. I will pick myself up tomorrow, just like the team will. Certainly not the first time we have lost to UGA and won't be the last.
atlcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #19
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

there is nothing that can be done now... the game is played. :) On to Vandy. Win there, get even, then from there, the rest of the season. We can still win. We can still end up in Pasadena. It is possible. Just have to play lights-out football from here on... I have NO DOUBT in our boys. Very excited about this season. I like the fact that we lost early in the season. We are still in the hunt.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #20
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Im staying optimistic. Our schedule still plays in our favor for a trip to Atl. Every game on our schedule looks winnable to me and we get Clemson and UF at home. This can still be a great season.
We don't even control our own destiny anymore... after WEEK 2! UGA has to lose twice in the SEC now... and we have to win out. Do you see any teams left on UGA's schedule from the SEC that will beat them... much less two teams that will beat them??

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote