CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
18IsTheMan
garnet_black215
ecugrad
The Demise of the 3- (2222)
East Carolina Predic (1468)
Pirate Depth Chart (1322)
Why didn't Wes Green (1166)
A&M on 3rd down (569)
You guys are horribl (566)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (473)
louisville (414)
It's the offenses no (382)
Uniform thread
Watching the Georgia game
All of our defensive play
East Carolina Prediction
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Name a Gamecock
louisville
What would be your defini
Eastern Michigan's Concre

Old 09-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Stop pumping Sunshine...

...and stop being ready to jump off the effing ledge. Its 1 game guys, against 11th ranked team in THEIR house.

In no way is our season over. Adjustments will be made. Our secondary is young, we know this. We also know Clowney is going to be double teamed ALL GAME, and he pretty much was, and still got a sack and opened up some holes for other players to pressure Murray. Say what you want about UGA's QB, but he will go higher in the draft than Shaw does, mark it down. The kid is a good QB, just as Shaw is a good QB.

Season aint over people. It just started. We lost a tough road game to a ranked team. Just like UGA lost a tough road game to Clemson, another ranked team. Losses happen.

Dont give up on the guys yet. THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER!!!!!!!!! Mark my damn words on it.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Stop pumping Sunshine...

Spurrier is that much closer to hanging it up..... that is waht scares me

And I read your post but.. when the hell is it not over? Why do we always have to deal with this.. and when to we ever come in being ranked ahead an WIN? ALABAMA does it all the time..when will we?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
ACPhilson

Male

ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I disagree man. He is having a lot of fun coaching, and he has some super QB's coming up. Defense isnt his game. Defense lost this game. I dont think SOS is going anywhere to be honest.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

We. finally have a good offense, and the defense now is lacking....

That is what frustrates me...

Maybe the D shows up for now on, but the defense I saw today... if that continues to show up, we are looking at an 8 win season at best..
Old 09-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
I disagree man. He is having a lot of fun coaching, and he has some super QB's coming up. Defense isnt his game. Defense lost this game. I dont think SOS is going anywhere to be honest.
ye but when your defense is Jadeveon Clowney.. and we lose? shit man lol what do we have left? That is what scares me
Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
ACPhilson

Male

Quote:
ye but when your defense is Jadeveon Clowney.. and we lose? shit man lol what do we have left? That is what scares me
We have a young defense, especially in the secondary, UGA figured that out. Clowney will force people to game plan for him, and UNC and UGA did just that. Thing is, we need to figure out how to play without Clowney on Defense.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Quote:

And I read your post but.. when the hell is it not over? Why do we always have to deal with this.. and when to we ever come in being ranked ahead an WIN? ALABAMA does it all the time..when will we?

NO HE'S NOT.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
ACPhilson

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
NO HE'S NOT.
Agreed. He is pissed, no doubt, but he aint ready to stop play calling.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Dude are you crazy? Connor Mitch guarantees Spurrier will be here for at least 3 to 4 more years. Spurrier isn't going to quit if we don't win the East this year lol
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
CockyTrader
Walk On

Male

CockyTrader has hatched from the shell

Great posts!

I'm fairly new to this board but have been a Spurrier fan for decades. He does not quit because of losing a game. He gets more competitive. And just look back to last year and see how we blew-out the LegHumpers but because of our impossible schedule, and their cake-walk, they snuck into Atlanta. They don't have a free ride this year. LSU will beat them and they play at Tennessee, at Vandy and at Auburn and have Florida in Jacksonville. If the team takes care of business and wins-out, this year WE'LL be in Atlanta with one loss and playing to go to the MNC Game.

Quote:
...and stop being ready to jump off the effing ledge. Its 1 game guys, against 11th ranked team in THEIR house.

In no way is our season over. Adjustments will be made. Our secondary is young, we know this. We also know Clowney is going to be double teamed ALL GAME, and he pretty much was, and still got a sack and opened up some holes for other players to pressure Murray. Say what you want about UGA's QB, but he will go higher in the draft than Shaw does, mark it down. The kid is a good QB, just as Shaw is a good QB.

Season aint over people. It just started. We lost a tough road game to a ranked team. Just like UGA lost a tough road game to Clemson, another ranked team. Losses happen.

Dont give up on the guys yet. THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER!!!!!!!!! Mark my damn words on it.

Quote:
Old 09-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

The problem is we don't control our destiny now. We need other teams to step up. And the D is horrible. Absolutely horrible.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
The problem is we don't control our destiny now. We need other teams to step up. And the D is horrible. Absolutely horrible.
Well, we as fans never really controlled our destiny.

Not saying that to be a smart ass. Just trying to say that it isn't worth getting that upset about if you are fan. It sucks, but the bottom line is that we have absolutely zero to do with what happens on the field. And yes, I love the Gamecocks as much as anyone and have been pulling for them since the 80s.

But the meltdowns on the message boards or kind of pointless since we don't play and can't control the outcome at all.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofcgamecock9 View Post
Well, we as fans never really controlled our destiny.

Not saying that to be a smart ass. Just trying to say that it isn't worth getting that upset about if you are fan. It sucks, but the bottom line is that we have absolutely zero to do with what happens on the field. And yes, I love the Gamecocks as much as anyone and have been pulling for them since the 80s.

But the meltdowns on the message boards or kind of pointless since we don't play and can't control the outcome at all.
The team doesn't control their destiny.

Better? Doesn't make it any less painful. I'm fully aware I have no direct agency over the games. What sucks is the realization that its all a horrible waste of time and energy.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #14
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

From what I saw tonight...I saw an 8-9 win team
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:51 AM   #15
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Georgia's d sucks too. I would be worried if i were them about half of their games left.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #16
cofcgamecock9
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
cofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot materialcofcgamecock9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
From what I saw tonight...I saw an 8-9 win team
I think 10, but I could possibly see 9. I doubt VERY seriously that this team only wins 8 games.
cofcgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #17
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

You know we got some problems if our o-line is out performing our d-line.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #18
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Georgia's d sucks too. I would be worried if i were them about half of their games left.
Agreed. But they won. So, you know.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #19
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

All hope is not lost to get to Atlanta, Georgia still has to play LSU, UF and go to Knoxville. Auburn could be a possibility too.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #20
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I agree with AC. The Gamecocks lose to Georgia and we're done? The season is over? No it isn't. I wasn't able to watch the game, but from what I understand is that the Gamecocks kept up with the Dawgs until the last few minutes when the Dawgs scored to make it an 11 point lead. That's bad? We all knew the Dawgs were ready to play and they were playing in their own house. That's tough for any visiting team.

So, don't be jumping off any buildings. It's just a game.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote