CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Outland
MDF DUST
MountainCock
QCB
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
The Gator Bowl wants (2086)
USC will upset Aubur (1701)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (764)
Which loss hurt wors (745)
Ranking the SEC Foot (650)
Rank the QBs under S (646)
USC Picked 12th By S (537)
BA ranks recruiting (485)
Five Upstate High Sc (334)
lack of production=
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
So Disappointed With The
Gameday parking in Auburn
Google finally gets it ri
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Who start on the d line t
Ranking the SEC Football
USC will upset Auburn; Wh

Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #41
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit
Default Re: Defense: let's discuss

After re watching the game, I noticed a bunch of our players were talking crap but not backing it up. It doesn't work like that and it makes you look ignorant. Just saying.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #42
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 17972586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
After re watching the game, I noticed a bunch of our players were talking crap but not backing it up. It doesn't work like that and it makes you look ignorant. Just saying.
Agree wholeheartedly!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #43
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

We could lose 4-5 games with that defense.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #44
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia: 17-for-23, 309 yards, 4 TDs

^^^This should have never happened.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #45
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
Our defensive coordinator's gameplan sucked plain and simple. He had the CBs line up deep on every single play. He should've had them jamming the WRs at the line of scrimmage to mess up their timing with Murray. When you have the CBs that deep, the WRs can run quick slants underneath all night just like they did. You also put more pressure on the safeties who played awfully.

On top of that we couldn't get our D-line to hold the point of attack which let them run without much issue.
I think all the hype went to our D coaches, too. Not just the players.

Whammy needs to reconsider his strategy moving forward.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #46
Senior Rooster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Senior Rooster has feathers coming inSenior Rooster has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthegamecock View Post
Georgia ball, 3 and 9.....
Hey, false start, 3 and 13....
Go get em cocks, wooo hoooo....
Murray 85 yard TD pass....
What..the..****ing...****

This is our defense this year

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #47
Cocky Doodle
Gamecock 4 Life

Male

CockyCash: 125833
Cocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his comb

Gave up crucial plays all night. GA picked up that 4th and 12 - no d. Freakin 4 and 12! That 3rd and long late in the 4th, deep in GA territoy, and they scored an 85 yard TD, come on man! OK - GA has the ball on their own 6 inch line - we still have a chance - just freakin hold em and get the ball back deep in their territoy. NOPE - their move it down the field and shove it up our d's arse.

This defense, unless something changes, reminds me of when Spurrier first got here.

Our offense looks very good, and (knock on wood) the special teams are looking sound as well. Last thing I expected is for our d to be this pathetic. I really hope this is one of those times when things look worse than they really are.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #48
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

On sports center they just said Aaron Murray said "that play was not in the game plan I was afraid people would not know their assignments" in regards to the 3rd and 13 big TD. So they can execute plays they don't practice but we can not execute plays we practice.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #49
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneworld11 View Post
Before you jump the gun and and down a player get your facts straight Rico McWilliams did not play one snap that was Christian that got beat
I think that was his point.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #50
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Defense: let's discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
Most telling stat so far this season?

Game one: Renner, on third down, 11-12, 6 first downs

Game two: Murray, on third down, 6-7, 4 first downs, 1 td

Won't win very many games like that.
This. Especially disheartening considering pass rushing DL is supposed to be our calling card.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #51
U-S-C till i D-I-E
Recruit

Male

U-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming inU-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming in

The lb's and db's better learn fast. They are a huge problem right now. Not covering good, not helping the line in run def. I put a little too much faith in all the talent talk before the season and really misjudged the inexperience. #4 (Christian I think) looked absolutely lost all night and made some huge mistakes.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #52
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

The bottom line is we've seen time and time again this soft zone is a bust especially on third down. You just can't play 5 yards off a receiver and expect to make plays and get 3 and outs consistently.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #53
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Wasn't Ward supposed to be more aggressive? I don't get it...we saw Clemson play aggressive and took it to them most of the night. Clemson gave us a great plan to go with, but we used another strategy...play soft and don't cover.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #54
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

That's one thing i noticed as well.We played very very soft on their receivers.Also so the d-line didn't get the push they normally would.Overall the defense looked like ass and Adams and Botkin getting heated probably says a lot.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #55
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Personnel capable of winning an SEC title?... We don't have it. It doesn't matter who is doing the coaching, there's just too much collective youth and inexperience out there. We have no experienced leadership out there in the back 7, and we're just witnessing the beginning of a frustrating season, defensively speaking.
Last year, we had Shaq Wilson managing the middle of the field, getting the D-linemen in the right position, as well as himself and Bowens in the middle, and we had DJ Swag managing the secondary, making sure everyone was on their assignment, and jumping people's shit for being out of position/not making the play.
I knew better than to express any confidence that this group would just automatically step up and fill in the gaps left behind by last year's seniors, and it's a shame that so many on this board are acting like our D's poor performance against such a deep and experienced offense is a "surprise" and that "coaching" is our problem.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #56
powercock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1113
powercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurspowercock has earned his spurs

Carolina D is an embarrassment right now.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #57
gsmith4776
4-Star

Male

gsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his combgsmith4776 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Personnel capable of winning an SEC title?... We don't have it. It doesn't matter who is doing the coaching, there's just too much collective youth and inexperience out there. We have no experienced leadership out there in the back 7, and we're just witnessing the beginning of a frustrating season, defensively speaking.
Last year, we had Shaq Wilson managing the middle of the field, getting the D-linemen in the right position, as well as himself and Bowens in the middle, and we had DJ Swag managing the secondary, making sure everyone was on their assignment, and jumping people's shit for being out of position/not making the play.
I knew better than to express any confidence that this group would just automatically step up and fill in the gaps left behind by last year's seniors, and it's a shame that so many on this board are acting like our D's poor performance against such a deep and experienced offense is a "surprise" and that "coaching" is our problem.
Looking back, I should have felt the same way. We lost so much attitude and leadership last yr.
My hope is that these guys were buying their own hype and now,after getting drilled by UGA , have been humbled.
The d will only get better as the season goes along. We r young and played a very good offense with the best rb in the country, and solid sr qb. We will not face a better offense until Clemson, and that is at home. I am confident that our defense will make adjustments, the back 7 will find leaders and now play with a fire bc they have been humbled a bit. Some keys will be forcing some to's and getting some third down stops( which is why we lost, IMO ).
We may not win sec bc we can't stop an Alabama or lsu style o, but 9-3 or 10-2 is not off the table, which is not bad at all with the youth we have.
It sucks but we will get better
gsmith4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #58
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
On sports center they just said Aaron Murray said "that play was not in the game plan I was afraid people would not know their assignments" in regards to the 3rd and 13 big TD. So they can execute plays they don't practice but we can not execute plays we practice.
Not much to execute when somebody lets you run right by him down the sideline. They could've drawn up a play in the dirt and still scored on that.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #59
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
The bottom line is we've seen time and time again this soft zone is a bust especially on third down. You just can't play 5 yards off a receiver and expect to make plays and get 3 and outs consistently.
5 yards? More like 8 is what I saw.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #60
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Press coverage all game on their receivers and we win the game. Simple as that.