CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
b381l
Order 66
garnet_black215
Ahmad
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
wumarshall82
JerseyBird
Thoughts on Shawn El (1689)
10-2 (1679)
UK promoting a black (1576)
Four UK Players Susp (1047)
Coach Gaines: " (991)
Time for a new coach (954)
I Was Dealing With T (767)
Build a New Stadium (663)
Connor Shaw's fault. (662)
Since everyone loves (513)
Four UK Players Suspended
UK promoting a blackout f
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Build a New Stadium
Coach Gaines: "Not m
Maty Mauk tries to take o
400 pasing yards
Funny?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Connor Mitch

Old 09-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material
Default Can Mike Davis get some love!?

In my lifetime as a gamecock fan, (27years) I have seen some great backs, but never have I seen the type of excitement Mike brings to the table. A few plays from the UGAy game really stood out to me.

On the 75 yard speed option he showed Latt type vision to see the corner and had the speed to get the corner and leave the defense behind.

On the TD option play he showed his ability to shed defenders running with excellent pad level. He beat 5 UGAy defenders on this play, incredible!

I feel like we squandered opportunities in the redone and on the goaline with the constant shotgun formation. Throw in we have a true freshman center as well(high snaps all damn game). Stad played well overall.... Anyway the pistol would've been a great alternative on that 4th down. Give him some lead blockers!!!!!!!!! Mike Davis with a lead blocker is a very very dangerous thing for opposing defenses. See:

I really do believe he could be the best RB we have seen here, yes big George and Latt are great, but Mike has the best of both of them, I can't wait to see him break their records and develope into a NFL back! Thoughts?

Last edited by cocksmith1or11; 09-08-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: iPad auto correct
cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: Can Mike Davis get some love!?

I agree, Mike is the real deal. Had we won yesterday, he would be in the Heisman race.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 19008950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

He played great...fantastic. Not sure I'd saddle him with the greatest ever tag, yet. That's really not fair to him.

Dude is good, for sure. Let's just watch him and enjoy and hope his counterparts on defense can learn to compete.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

He's awesome, played his heart out. One of the few bright spots in a miserable game.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
mercjason
Loving being a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 400
mercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spursmercjason has earned his spurs

Really good back.

"Cameron Newton is eligible at Auburn University. Period. End of story," Auburn coach Gene Chizik- Justice Served, Gene!
mercjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
He played great...fantastic. Not sure I'd saddle him with the greatest ever tag, yet. That's really not fair to him.

Dude is good, for sure. Let's just watch him and enjoy and hope his counterparts on defense can learn to compete.
Not tagging him just yet, but I think he definitely has the potential to be

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

He had a great game yesterday

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Newest Gamecock to enter Beastmode. He played an awesome game all around. Running, receiving and blocking. Glad to have him here.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

It's not that he played hard. He played with heart!! Never quit on runs. Never gave up. Refreshing. He is going to be a great back.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
U-S-C till i D-I-E
Recruit

Male

U-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming inU-S-C till i D-I-E has feathers coming in

He's a beast. The way he runs with power and the speed he has, not many backs have both like that.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #11
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

He is good. Like Wilds too. I feel good about our offense but we all know, defense wins championships.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

A few guys on here last season predicted that Davis COULD be the best back ever at USC by the time he leaves. I have not seen ANYTHING that makes ME think otherwise. With continued success he will become a team leader on and off the field as well.

He's a great back.

Hope he continues to stay healthy and accolades will come his way. Offense looks good for a few years to come. Now DEFENSE looks troubling.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #13
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talonsJTJGarnet has developed his gaff and talons

Thanks Mike for leaving it all on the field yesterday! You were a BOSS! Out gained Gurley!
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

The best thing Mike does to make him similar to Lattimore is leg drive. His legs just keep churning. He really is a quality back.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Very good back...hard runner, etc. hope he continues but damn enough freakin heisman talk...always gets you in trouble....or it does with us

Very hard for these KIDS to stay humble when all this crap occurs with publications and espn specials with graphics of flames of fire coming out of their eyes and thunder from their ass. Good gracious all that is ridiculous!!!!! None of that mess matters unless you go out between the lines and PROVE IT!
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I'm a big Wilds fan, but Mike really separated himself as the starter yesterday. We still need to use Wilds, especially when we are grinding it out for some tough yards. He's just got a little more "rumble" in his run.

Davis is amazing though. Awesome player, and he's really doing some incredible stuff.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
ELCID14
Blue Chip

Male

ELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spursELCID14 has earned his spurs

Stop "QB" the from the "one read then run ish" then give Davis the touches Marcus got, then we might have something workable
Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Can he play defense?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELCID14 View Post
Stop "QB" the from the "one read then run ish" then give Davis the touches Marcus got, then we might have something workable
lolwut?
Old 09-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
Don Giovanni
The original DG

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

If you had paid a little more attention, you would notice others have already acknowledged Davis was one of the positives that came from last night. Need proof? Click here.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote