CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
FurmanCock
Cockhornleghorn
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
Copperhead
sanford
b381l
ConwayGamecock
GamecockUltimate
Venables to TAMU? (4265)
Vegas line moving on (3093)
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2856)
Phil Kronblut show (1464)
Arkansas... (1462)
Women's Soccer Elite (1092)
End of the aTm / LSU (965)
Anyone know what thi (903)
Star Wars: The Force (367)
marshall/WKU (345)
2014 Class AA Division II
Dooms interview with Ronn
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ C
Texans getting frustrated
End of the aTm / LSU game
Constant Updates on Watso
Arkansas...
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Vegas line moving on game
Tailgating tomorrow for t

Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
vthokies
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
vthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his claws
Default An outsider looking in

Morning. I have been reading this board for two years or so but just made an account a few weeks ago. This is my first post.

Tough game to lose. It was a heck of a fight. But I thought I would point out a few things.

1. Why did Shaw not throw to Shaq Roland earlier?
2. I would've handed to ball to Davis on the 4th and inches.
3. Clowney.. Feel bad for him, espn put such a target on him and he's good but he's not superman.
4. Shaw needs to STOP running every 5 seconds. He's good but it's just begging for injury and or fumbles.
5. I wouldn't be hanging my head if I was a gamecock fan, Murray passed for 74%. Any QB doing that will win. Maybe only mad at the 2 coaches who started fighting each other?!!

It's a tough loss and trust me, I know how it feels. Even if you don't make it to SEC champ game, you get more experience on the young D and have a chance to get Clemson at home and you could upset em. Just my two cents.
vthokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Re: An outsider looking in

I worry about Shaw not knowing when to slide too. He is a tough QB, but he isnt huge, and he is one hit away from having his season ending. He is a competitor though....
Old 09-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9182821
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Beating Clemson at home isn't an upset.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokies View Post
Morning. I have been reading this board for two years or so but just made an account a few weeks ago. This is my first post.

Tough game to lose. It was a heck of a fight. But I thought I would point out a few things.

3. Clowney.. Feel bad for him, espn put such a target on him and he's good but he's not superman.
4. Shaw needs to STOP running every 5 seconds. He's good but it's just begging for injury and or fumbles.
5. I wouldn't be hanging my head if I was a gamecock fan, Murray passed for 74%. Any QB doing that will win. Maybe only mad at the 2 coaches who started fighting each other?!!

It's a tough loss and trust me, I know how it feels. Even if you don't make it to SEC champ game, you get more experience on the young D and have a chance to get Clemson at home and you could upset em. Just my two cents.
Ha this guy gets it... but the coaches struggle with it.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

When they showed the whole field. There were receivers open waving their hands everytime. I mean wide open. And shaw just took off.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
cockpit commander
Walk On

Male

cockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervous

Quote:

This is what I saw , our team missed , jeridaue, swearinger ,
Holloman , Taylor .. Their replacements suck !
That's why we couldn't get it done , SC will
Never have a D as good as last years
cockpit commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockpit commander View Post
Both dumb statements.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in

Really Dumb!! So,regardless of the fact that we had to replace all of those guys mentioned with players with little or NO experience in a college game,you can come on here and say they suck...really? I can understand everyone being upset,but WE or should I say THEY beat themselves and made UGA look a lot better than they are...Turning on these players like a bunch of dogs is a little ridiculous!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

толстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spursтолстый Cock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
When they showed the whole field. There were receivers open waving their hands everytime. I mean wide open. And shaw just took off.
толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockpit commander View Post
They do not suck, just young. They are top 10% recruits in the nation. You are clueless.
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #11
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
All damn game

Clem5-0n Class:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertime86 View Post
I don't see the problem. Ole Glass Knees hasn't done anything of note lately, and he NEVER did anything against CLEMSON!
cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I am hanging my head, because I expected the defense would be better especially against the run. If you can't stop the run in football your team is basically screwed. I know most teams won't be able to do this to us, but there will be some that can. Arkansas and Tennessee for instance.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
5. I wouldn't be hanging my head if I was a gamecock fan, Murray passed for 74%. Any QB doing that will win.
gonna pick on this part of the your post, I agree with most everything else...maybe look into why he was completing 74%

we got very little pressure on him, and our coverage on the receivers left much to be desired...it really looked like we were playing to avoid big yardage after completion, and not contesting the pass itself at all...heck the big pass when clowney had his jersey and was pulling him down he just tossed up...very poor pass and should have been easily defended, and it went for nice yardage

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He was 74% because they were able to run the ball on us and we could not stop it, the coverage was really bad at time, and we didn't get nearly enough pressure on him.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
cockpit commander
Walk On

Male

cockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervouscockpit commander is making other chickens nervous

I'm not clueless , however
our secondary was last night . It's
Not being young , it's not the coaches.
It's not busted coverage .Its not inexperience.
Those guys couldn't handle the big stage
Don't know what to do ? Start with
making sure no one gets behind you !
Midget football. I hope the coaches don't
Tell them all that crap y'all post about
Young and inexperience.bottom line is
They failed , they stunk it up , time
To go to work . Go Cocks
cockpit commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #16
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
hmmmm.....I need to contact Vizio and see why I'm not getting all of the telecast.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #17
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1012824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I guess I didn't get to see that part either, although I'm sure it was probably true. The bottom line is that you just cannot play freshmen at LB and defensive line consistently in college football. These kids aren't physically mature enough to make the plays without at least a year of college strength and weight training. We should have been looking at the JuCo ranks a little more this past year, to give these young guys time to mature.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #18
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
gonna pick on this part of the your post, I agree with most everything else...maybe look into why he was completing 74%

we got very little pressure on him, and our coverage on the receivers left much to be desired...it really looked like we were playing to avoid big yardage after completion, and not contesting the pass itself at all...heck the big pass when clowney had his jersey and was pulling him down he just tossed up...very poor pass and should have been easily defended, and it went for nice yardage

now im gonna pick on this part of your post. you need to go back and watch that play my man. Clowney wasn't pulling him down, Murray never even stummbled. he stepped up in the pocket, and threw the ball right to his receiver. the ball nearly hit the in stride receiver in the top of the head.

that close call, and the sack that Clowney finally got, are the plays that Clowney bragged about at media days. those are what he said made Murray scared, rattled, and thats when he knew " oh, we got him".

Murray proved otherwise, and played a heck of a game. the young man had all the motivation in the world to play the way he did.

I think no matter who we pull for, the young man deserves his respect for the way he played yesterday.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #19
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
My only knock on Shaw , every game there is a receiver or two open but instead of pulling the trigger he will take off
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #20
Justhatguy
4-Star

Male

Justhatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervousJusthatguy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
My only knock on Shaw , every game there is a receiver or two open but instead of pulling the trigger he will take off
You know, I can cut Shaw some slack because I see him more as an athlete than a QB. He's only played the QB position for a few years so pocket presence, etc may not come naturally. He has a lot of pressure on him to win games. SOS puts a lot of pressure on him to be perfect. And he, himself, is pretty hard on himself because he doesnt want to make a mistake.

With that being said, maybe there really is an issue with Shaw's height. And I know it's been mentioned on here that that doesnt matter but hear me out. It probably has to do with our OLine. I dont believe that SOS uses the same wide Oline splits that other spread schools use. That's the reason that Shaw can't see the passing lanes when he's under pressure. So when the pocket collapses, he can't see everything down the field especially with our shorter wideouts. Then when he's about to throw or about to run, he's now down to a shorter height.

Well then, what about Manziel. Well, he's been a QB all his life. Plus, A&M has those wide splits, and he's already dancing around or about to leave the pocket. Most importantly is that his eyes are always downfield and plus his WRs come back to the ball whereas shaw does that around a 20% of the time and the rest is looking for the first down marker.

Remember some of those great passes DT made while he was scrambling? Eyes were downfield.
Justhatguy is offline   Reply With Quote