CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
jebodiah
b381l
Gamecock in TX
Acockolypse Now
cockycrazy2001
jellafever
Cockypantherfan
Vote for Browns star (3160)
texags (2681)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2283)
2016 Commitment - Ja (1887)
Preparing for the sm (1546)
Connor Shaw intervie (931)
Gameday Garnet Polo (802)
Aggie Statistics (763)
Clowney (759)
They are coming to y (676)
texags
Aggie Statistics
Hard Knocks this week.
What would be your defini
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Gameday Garnet Polo
Spurrier accepts cockys c
They are coming to your c
Preparing for the smash r
Vote for Browns starting

Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
bmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spurs
Default Why did I only see Shaq late in the game?

I might be wrong but i didnt see him until the 4th quarter?? Why??
Old 09-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Re: Why did I only see Shaq late in the game?

Now that's a damn good question.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

bmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spursbmwparts has earned his spurs

Can our coaches not get the right players on the field? This happened with Alshon &the took them all year before he got playing time
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

Spurrier said in the post game presser they put him in early and he couldn't get lined up right, so they took him out.....wonder why it took so long to put him back in myself??

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Coach commented on this after the game. He said Shaq totally lined up wrong on a couple of plays and they pulled him out. He got back in and did well.

But to help the team you have to show you can line up properly and run the play called every time.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Why does it matter? We did well enough to win without him. If he still can't line up right then he should watch from the sideline. Wr is less of an issue two games into this season than I had anticipated.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Taco Tuesday has feathers coming inTaco Tuesday has feathers coming in

So he couldn't line up correctly so he doesn't play and suddenly we need to move down the field and he in there? Spurrier's doghouse is foolish at times
Taco Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

It matters because he came in late in the game & uga couldn't gaurd him, so he doesn't know how to line up but all of a sudden he learned in the 4thgame quarter???? Thats bullshizz another excuse for bad coaching when he should have been out there playing!!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwparts View Post
It matters because he came in late in the game & uga couldn't gaurd him, so he doesn't know how to line up but all of a sudden he learned in the 4thgame quarter???? Thats bullshizz another excuse for bad coaching when he should have been out there playing!!
I truly get what you're saying but my reference to it mattering was more in response to the coaches comment about him being out of position. Not sure why this was so early and late he's in perfect position. Wr play wasn't an issue yesterday. Play calling and d play cost us this regardless of who's in the game. We punted what 3 times? His effort blocking may be questioned as well, who knows
Old 09-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Ask Jr
Old 09-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Ever wonder why we always seem to have problems with WRs getting on the field and living up to hype and expectations?
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #12
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Ever wonder why we always seem to have problems with WRs getting on the field and living up to hype and expectations?
True. I'm still surprised with the Wrs we do get here and not surprised when we lose them to other schools.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

look at the wr's stats.

jones had 6 for 97
davis (runningback) 4 for 49
shaq 3 for 48 (all in the 4th qtr)
bruce 1 for 13
Anderson 1 for 11
wilds 1 for 10

this shows lack of play or piss poor coaching! pick one
Old 09-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Ask Jr
the only reason Jr is here is because of daddy
Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Don't think it really made a difference. The passing game didn't exactly struggle in his absence. Non-issue if Shaw doesn't fumble, Bruce catches that pass in the sun, or SC punches it in on 4th and goal.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #16
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday View Post
So he couldn't line up correctly so he doesn't play and suddenly we need to move down the field and he in there? Spurrier's doghouse is foolish at times
He lined up wrong on a couple of plays, one of which was a run that was blown up bc he was not in position to make the block. The other resulted in him running the same route as another receiver or same area blowing up another play. You can't do that.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Don't think it really made a difference. The passing game didn't exactly struggle in his absence. Non-issue if Shaw doesn't fumble, Bruce catches that pass in the sun, or SC punches it in on 4th and goal.
This about sums it up. A few plays here and there cost us. Offense played quite well in this game.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
He lined up wrong on a couple of plays, one of which was a run that was blown up bc he was not in position to make the block. The other resulted in him running the same route as another receiver or same area blowing up another play. You can't do that.
Hey man I agree Shaq must know his assignments BUT when you stick a fresh, talented guy in late in the game and is unguardable the few plays he gets to touj the ball it's discouraging from a fans point of view. My point is if Shaq couldn't line up correctly and then when you must move the ball quickly you put him in? That's Spurrier's doghouse antics that is bs especially in such a big game.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #19
bmwparts
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Not so sure of that, that's what was said. So the defensive guys lineup wrong, have busted plays & just overall stink it up the entire game 7 don't get pulled??? So he didn't know what to do. lined up wrong 2 times and gets pulled the entire game and then learned all of a sudden in the 4th quarter??? Not buying it, sound like more cover up for Jr to me. Remember Alshon, it took all year to get him on the field and SOS says "I guess it took us 6-7 games to figure out he can play" really??? really??

We had 1 WR with 6 catches (Jones) Bruce played the entire game & had 1 catch?? Byrd no catches, TE's 1 catch combined???? Shaq just in 1 series in the 4th 3 catches for 50 yards???
Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
Taco Tuesday
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwparts View Post
Not so sure of that, that's what was said. So the defensive guys lineup wrong, have busted plays & just overall stink it up the entire game 7 don't get pulled??? So he didn't know what to do. lined up wrong 2 times and gets pulled the entire game and then learned all of a sudden in the 4ith quarter??? Not buying it, sound like more cover up for Jr to me. Remember Alshon, it took all year to get him on the field and SOS says "I guess it took us 6-7 games to figure out he can play" really??? really??

We had 1 WR with 6 catches (Jones) Bruce played the entire game & had 1 catch?? Byrd no catches, TE's 1 catch combined???? Shaq just in 1 series in the 4th 3 catches for 50 yards???
People have been saying this for years but why do we not use the TE's more often? Serious question