CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
GamecockMomSC
Cockhornleghorn
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2036)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1468)
Spurrier weekly pres (1371)
This would be awesom (910)
How is Shaq Davidson (737)
McConaughey cast as (483)
Perspective on our g (458)
Defense and offense (325)
SEC referees? (309)
Black Friday Hard Co (271)
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
Currently 2nd in attendan
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg
2015 Commitment - Dexter

Old 09-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Mongocock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPitMongocock rules the CockPit
Default Shaw played a good game

If this gets me banned then so be it but you bunch of ****ing haters need to watch the games and blame the correct parties. There are too many "fans" that blame the high profile players every time and if that's all you can do then in my opinion you can kindly **** off. Connor Shaw is 18-4 as a starter with this team and has numbers right up there with the top QBs in the nation. Be educated with your bitching and moaning or shut the **** up I'm sick and tired of so called fans ready to sink the ship on one loss
Old 09-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaw played a good game

People myself included want Shaw to go through progressions this is year 4 and still he will not scan the field, he has a target in mind and if they aren't open he takes off, there are times to tuck and go but not everytime. The OL did a good job Shaw wouldn't throw it. In terms of his progression as a QB I think he is at his max potential.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

He played OK. Made some great throws. Actually didnt make many bad throws at all. Still took off way to many times. Saw at least three times where we had guys wide open and shaw took off. But overall he played well. Wasn't his fault we lost. Even tho the fumble hurt bad.

That 3rd and 13 80 yard pass by gerogia really pisses me off
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I haven't been a big CS fan in the past, but his game yesterday was by far his best game on the road.....and I feel much better about him going on the road the rest of the season. He took a big step up in my opinion....it wasn't perfect, it never is, but it was clearly good enough to win most road games.

Now if SOS can get Ward to simplify the defense, I think all the young guys can play quicker and they'll become much more effective. I hate that we lost yesterday, but we went on the road against one of the best teams in the country and played them even for the most part.

Georgia had about the same yardage as they did last week and we had the same yardage as the taters did last week, but the taters won because GA missed an easy FG and Murray threw a pick on their own 10 yard line and gave the taters an easy TD.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Maybe shaw knows his receive aren't open?? You don't have to turn your head to see multiple receivers so you cannot see what he is seeing. I rewatched the game this morning and circled numerous times where the routes were obviously meant for one receiver. (That's on the coach). How do I know? Because multiple times it was obvious the route was only for Bruce. He would run his route(be covered) and the other receivers Byrd and one of our TEs would just jog out to clear some space. They didn't run, didn't give any moves, it was clear they knew the ball was meant for one player and when it wasn't theere they immediately starting blocking for shaw.
Other times, on obvious passing downs, we would send 3 receivers on deep posts and corners. By the time the receiver broke into his route shaw already had to scramble to avoid pressure. That's not about going thru the reads that's about bad coaching and play calling in certain situations. Can't believe people want to blame shaw for putting up 30 pts on the road(easily should be 38 thanks to spurrier). That's plenty to win every single SEC game. Loss is squarely on the coaches and on the D.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Maybe shaw knows his receive aren't open?? You don't have to turn your head to see multiple receivers so you cannot see what he is seeing. I rewatched the game this morning and circled numerous times where the routes were obviously meant for one receiver. (That's on the coach). How do I know? Because multiple times it was obvious the route was only for Bruce. He would run his route(be covered) and the other receivers Byrd and one of our TEs would just jog out to clear some space. They didn't run, didn't give any moves, it was clear they knew the ball was meant for one player and when it wasn't theere they immediately starting blocking for shaw.
Other times, on obvious passing downs, we would send 3 receivers on deep posts and corners. By the time the receiver broke into his route shaw already had to scramble to avoid pressure. That's not about going thru the reads that's about bad coaching and play calling in certain situations. Can't believe people want to blame shaw for putting up 30 pts on the road(easily should be 38 thanks to spurrier). That's plenty to win every single SEC game. Loss is squarely on the coaches and on the D.
Your post contradicts itself.....you were saying WR we're running their routes and blamed the coaches, but then said our offense scored enough to win. Clearly CS is never going to be a guy that's going to go through his progressions. But he still threw the ball pretty well yesterday.....were there open receivers that he didn't throw to, yes, but overall he had a good game....the best game by far he has ever had on the road.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Shaw played a good game, he didn't take any huge hits, and didn't throw any picks. There were a few head scratchers but that's to be expected in tough games on the road. As for his overall performance, It could be better, but I'll take this any day. The O-line is vastly improved yet he still isn't going through his progressions. The pass to Whitehurst should have been caught as well as the passes to Bruce and Busta. Of course they weren't due to obvious reasons. Too low, too far, sun got in his eyes....
It is what it is, time to go to work and prepare for Vandy.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Your post contradicts itself.....you were saying WR we're running their routes and blamed the coaches, but then said our offense scored enough to win. Clearly CS is never going to be a guy that's going to go through his progressions. But he still threw the ball pretty well yesterday.....were there open receivers that he didn't throw to, yes, but overall he had a good game....the best game by far he has ever had on the road.
My post was not to blame the offense. I was trying to say that shaw is not the reason we lost. We didn't lose because he "didn't go through his progressions." The plays called were sometimes only made for one route in mind and that was obvious to me. Shaws "progressions" were see if that 1 receiver is open and when he wasnt he took off. Also remember shaw had 2 tds dropped by whitehurst and anderson and bruce lost a huge 3rd down pass in the sun. Thats not shaw either. Despite some questionable play calling, shaw did enough to get us the win. Over 30 pts in the sec is all you can ask for.
P.s.-I'm a huge Thompson supporter but in no way do I think the outcome is any different with him at qb. In fact shaws running ability saved us many times.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

When Connor Shaw takes his steps and lets it fly, he is as good as any QB in the conference. He showed that in the second half yesterday. I was very impressed with the throws he was making in the 2nd half outside of one where he floated it to Byrd and it should've been picked.

I'm also in the belief that the offensive line keeping him upright fed his confidence as the game went on.

This performance surely raises my expectations for him going forward. He has shown he can run the Fun & Gun.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote