CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
Rebel4ever
GarnetBlack&Blue
Luginbill says ECU s (2298)
Well, as it turns ou (2249)
What the heck is up (1699)
Next years RB situat (1625)
ECU fan here (1299)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1187)
Been a pleasure talk (1182)
Freaky Coincidence o (1003)
Davis dinged up agai (953)
Defensive stand-arou (810)
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with
Davis dinged up again?
Defensive stand-around pl
Name a Gamecock
Tired of night games
Well, as it turns out, we
Larenz Bryant update?
So, Vanderbilt is next
2015 - Roquan Smith

Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb
Default Back From Athens

I got back from Athens around noon today. Here is my official debriefing from what I observed from Section 106 row 4 (45 yard line visitor side). Keep in mind I was pretty hammered and only had about 5 hours sleep from the Athens bender the night before:
  • We need to spend some money on WB. Samford stadium has better everything and has way more architectural features. We have a long way to go with facilities. I know we have made improvements but trust me when I say more needs to be done to compete with the elite teams of the SEC.
  • The UGA crowd was veryloud and stayed that way from finish to start. Their passion and intensity was impressive.
  • USC did not match the Bulldogs intensity at all.
  • There is no clear player leader(s) (at least during the game on the sidelines).
  • We are out of shape! To keep from naming players lets just say it was pathetic on the defensive side of the ball somewhere in the proximity of the line of scrimmage. It started early and got worse as the game rolled on. We should all be concern because it started so early!
  • No. 7's supporting cast members are having an extremely disappointing season so far.
  • USC's offense is pretty good and well balanced. Overall I was very happy with their performance.
  • D. Williams and B. Wilds are absolute physical specimens. I am excited about their upside.
  • M. Davis is fast. I had some great views of his runs. We are so lucky to have him.
  • I love N. Jones' attitude.
  • The HBC kept his composure (not sure this is a good thing in this type of game) and keeps to himself. I was not surprised when he said he did not witness the coach fight.

Anyway that is my worthless two cents. Looks like it is going to be a season of circling the wagons and trying to get better instead of competing for the next step. I hope I am wrong. Go Cocks.
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Back From Athens

Funny thing about Mike Davis. When he ran vs UNC, I texted by UNC cousin and told him that UGA would have caught him. I guess I was right as the UGA defender got to him at about the 5.

Yeah, could be a long year. I think other teams smell blood in the water on our defensive conditioning and are going to try to wear us out. We better get ahead of it
Old 09-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Funny thing about Mike Davis. When he ran vs UNC, I texted by UNC cousin and told him that UGA would have caught him. I guess I was right as the UGA defender got to him at about the 5.

Yeah, could be a long year. I think other teams smell blood in the water on our defensive conditioning and are going to try to wear us out. We better get ahead of it
And kudos to #5 i think who ran him down he blitzed from the opposite side and ran him all the way down.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervousWagz is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post

Mikes run against UGA started 5 yards deeper, so actually they wouldn't have caught him, or if they did it would have been at the goal line...
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

SC's facilities are improving. The project's will be completed by 2015.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Back From Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Still lot more to be done.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Still lot more to be done.
Yep.

That's the thing about facilities in the SEC. We are chasing a moving target. No one else is going to sit still. We better be thinking about the next thing, and the thing after that. We need to make it better for the players and the fans.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
SCBLACKDOG
Recruit

Male

SCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his combSCBLACKDOG is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
There is way more that needs to be done than the current plan through 2015. We are not even close in facilities to UGA, UF, UA, LSU, and what I have been told about A&M and Auburn....
SCBLACKDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Back From Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBLACKDOG View Post
There is way more that needs to be done than the current plan through 2015. We are not even close in facilities to UGA, UF, UA, LSU, and what I have been told about A&M and Auburn....
Or MSU, ARKY and now Kentucky with the news of their new stadium renovations.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I got back from Athens around noon today. Here is my official debriefing from what I observed from Section 106 row 4 (45 yard line visitor side). Keep in mind I was pretty hammered and only had about 5 hours sleep from the Athens bender the night before:
  • We need to spend some money on WB. Samford stadium has better everything and has way more architectural features. We have a long way to go with facilities. I know we have made improvements but trust me when I say more needs to be done to compete with the elite teams of the SEC.
  • The UGA crowd was veryloud and stayed that way from finish to start. Their passion and intensity was impressive.
  • USC did not match the Bulldogs intensity at all.
  • There is no clear player leader(s) (at least during the game on the sidelines).
  • We are out of shape! To keep from naming players lets just say it was pathetic on the defensive side of the ball somewhere in the proximity of the line of scrimmage. It started early and got worse as the game rolled on. We should all be concern because it started so early!
  • No. 7's supporting cast members are having an extremely disappointing season so far.
  • USC's offense is pretty good and well balanced. Overall I was very happy with their performance.
  • D. Williams and B. Wilds are absolute physical specimens. I am excited about their upside.
  • M. Davis is fast. I had some great views of his runs. We are so lucky to have him.
  • I love N. Jones' attitude.
  • The HBC kept his composure (not sure this is a good thing in this type of game) and keeps to himself. I was not surprised when he said he did not witness the coach fight.

Anyway that is my worthless two cents. Looks like it is going to be a season of circling the wagons and trying to get better instead of competing for the next step. I hope I am wrong. Go Cocks.

I agree with a lot of this. However:

1. Money doesn't grow on trees. I agree that we need to renovate parts of WBS but that cost a pretty penny and after all the improvements we've been making around the athletic department and the rest of the University, I'm not sure we're that close in making MAJOR renovations.

2. I don't know if you are comparing a USC crowd to a UGA crowd but I'd say we are about similar. Yes they stayed a very long time (til late in the 4th) but in a close game at WBS our fans don't leave either.

3. Leadership was one of my main points of worry this season. Everyone wants to look at Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson but Connor Shaw is not that vocal - and it's hard being a leader as a guy who is on the sideline majority of the game (DT). We do not have a vocal defensive leader at all. Someone needs to step up. I'm hoping that Skai Moore or Kawain Lewis does that soon.

4. Clowney's supporting cast is inexperienced. Clowney had a secruity blanket of guys like: Shaq Wilson, DeVonte Holloman, Stephon Gilmore, Travian Robertson, Reggie Bowens, etc. in years past. Our DB's were really inconsistent in previous years who have now earned the time to start - and our LB's are really young.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

Having never been to an away game, could you travelers give me some examples on how these other stadiums are better than ours? I know our concessions leave a lot to be desired.
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Quote:

Ive been to Sanford stadium a few times....What is so great about it? The urinals have dividers? That was nice. Willy B looks bigger to me actually and it hold less people than Sanford. I never saw what was so great. I did like the urinals, dont have to worry about anyone glancing and making it weird. Ive heard Willy B much louder also. Remember if youre talking about last week there wasnt much to get jacked up about beating a mid pack ACC team, UGA was playing for their season, the fans were jacked. Be thankful for what we have. With those so called bigtime stadiums you mention comes National Titles and a lot of money. Our tradition doesnt have much of that in it. I love Willy B, always love walking in and seeing the field. Never gets old.
gin house is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #13
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
Ive been to Sanford stadium a few times....What is so great about it? The urinals have dividers? That was nice. Willy B looks bigger to me actually and it hold less people than Sanford. I never saw what was so great. I did like the urinals, dont have to worry about anyone glancing and making it weird. Ive heard Willy B much louder also. Remember if youre talking about last week there wasnt much to get jacked up about beating a mid pack ACC team, UGA was playing for their season, the fans were jacked. Be thankful for what we have. With those so called bigtime stadiums you mention comes National Titles and a lot of money. Our tradition doesnt have much of that in it. I love Willy B, always love walking in and seeing the field. Never gets old.

Size is not everything. The team that plays in the stadium is meaningless when judging a stadium. Of course all of us fans love Williams Brice Stadium simply because all or most of us grew up Carolina fans, and grew up coming to games or watching games. Find me a large amount of people (of any league of any sport at any level) that dislike their home field. I'll wait.

I've never heard a bunch of Brave fans say they hate Turner Field, or a bunch of Panthers fans say they hate Bank of America stadium? Just like you'll never find a ton of Gamecock fans that dislike Williams Brice Stadium. No one is begging for a new stadium, simply some upgrades or renovations.

I personally don't have a problem with our stadium - but it's not outlandish to see why people would like upgrades to make everything look "nicer". If you walked around the concourse of Sanford stadium and Williams Brice Stadium you would easily be able to tell the difference - and you'd actually be shocked to know that Sanford stadium is OLDER than Williams Brice Stadium...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

funny about the crowd noise, i went and didnt think the crowd noise matched williams brice. they dont have good chants, and there was one in particular that seemed like only 1/4 of the crowd knew along with the alma mater.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz Khalifa View Post
funny about the crowd noise, i went and didnt think the crowd noise matched williams brice. they dont have good chants, and there was one in particular that seemed like only 1/4 of the crowd knew along with the alma mater.
I agree, it was never really that loud.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Sanford stadium is a stadium squeezed into too small of a space. Tickets lines were not lines, but instead masses of people squeezed together into one mass ! Crowd was very drunk and very loud . The georgia fans seemed prepared for an ass cutting that never happened .
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I have been to Sanford a few times , for games and my wife's graduation and hands down Willy b is better.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #18
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
I have been to Sanford a few times , for games and my wife's graduation and hands down Willy b is better.
If you think that now, can you imagine how much nicer you would think it is if we (like Georgia) also spent $33,000,000 in upgrades in the past 8 years?

WBS was renovated in 1996. Sanford stadium was renovated in 1994, 2003, and 2004. BDS was renovated in 1998, 2006, and 2010. BHG was renovated in 2003 and 2011. Neyland was renovated in 2006, 2008, 2010.

ETC...
Old 09-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #19
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4524
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I've been to Sanford a few times and I've never felt it shake like WB. WB is more intimidating to other teams. Especially if we are playing good. I don't know how intimidating it will be with the product we put on the field yesterday.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #20
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
If you think that now, can you imagine how much nicer you would think it is if we (like Georgia) also spent $33,000,000 in upgrades in the past 8 years?

WBS was renovated in 1996. Sanford stadium was renovated in 1994, 2003, and 2004. BDS was renovated in 1998, 2006, and 2010. BHG was renovated in 2003 and 2011. Neyland was renovated in 2006, 2008, 2010.

ETC...
Someone needs to show this stat to the AD. We are falling behind I feel like, even though we are making progress on the field, we are EXTREMELY slow at everything else. But the other thing about those other schools, they are national brands. The georgia G, the ut T, and the alabama A are all way more recognizable by anyone across the country than our logo. Not saying we need a change of logo, but what makes those symbols a national brand is one thing:

National Championship.

Until we get there, we will not be renovating WB on any grand scale like those other schools. They have through the roof merchandise sales because of those brands. Carolina, not so much.