CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
DTGCOCKS#32
Pw00132
Ahmad
wumarshall82
Order 66
CockyGuy
roosterdude21
Thoughts on Shawn El (1611)
10-2 (1560)
UK promoting a black (1375)
Time for a new coach (954)
Four UK Players Susp (861)
Coach Gaines: " (842)
Connor Shaw's fault. (584)
I Was Dealing With T (545)
Since everyone loves (457)
Build a New Stadium (455)
I Was Dealing With The Lo
Four UK Players Suspended
Build a New Stadium
This program has no ideni
How much $$ would you lit
Just my 2 Cents
Connor Mitch
Gamecock cheerleader with
Hypothetical question...
State talent drying up

Old 09-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material
Default How does this loss affect you?

As title says...Explain what it means too you?

For me, it really makes me not to even wanna talk about football until next saturday!
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit
Default Re: How does this loss affect you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post

For me, it really makes me not to even wanna talk about football until next saturday!
It sucks cause I have to watch people "out coach" themselves.
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Gutted!!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Not as bad as of it were say Kentucky (10) or Auburn (11).
Not too worried the rest of our schedule looks favorable.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I'm bitter, but know we were very competitive. The defense has to make big strides but I am very confident our offense will continue to be sharp.

I hope our defensive staff can work on the problem (rather than be part of the problem) and find solutions.

Overall I'm hopeful.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
gamecockfootball62
4-Star

Male

gamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball62 rules the CockPit

Its gonna be a long week. I hate losing, and believe me the culture has changed at Carolina to where losing isnt everyday. I hate the Clemson fans running that jap trap. Our defense and defensive coaches need to get their head outta the dirt. Now with all the whining done. This season is VERY young and there is alot left to play for. Spurrier is pissed and he will get it changed or some people wont play and some coaches wont have jobs. Dont worry it will come together. We needed an eye opener,,, dont blame Carolina,,, blame the media. Its over and behind us now.

FOOTBALL!!!

gamecockfootball62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

It is never fun to lose but you have to look at the bigger picture.

Everyday I go to work to ensure the safety and well-being of the children in our state. There are bigger issues that I have on my plate. I can't allow a football game to cause emotional distress. Football is a good release from reality but I have to keep in mind that it affects our players much more than the fans. They are the ones affected more than we are. We have to ensure we are supportive of them and keep them encouraged to do their job.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Bitter sweet. Tough to swallow but I'll be ok. We just need to re-group and get ready for Vandy.

But that's in a football world mind. In the real world mind, its not THAT important. Much more relevant things in the world right now.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

It makes me not even care about the rest of the season because I know they are not going to win a national championship or SEC title. I have been a fan all my life, so I am used to the Gamecocks breaking my heart. They do it every year. Over 100 + years without a national title and chances are it will not happen in my lifetime. Makes me sad. Real world, it's whatever. I have a life, and lots to do in it.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

It ruined my weekend and as of right now, I'm no longer excited about this season. Players don't seem to concerned either being some went out partying last night.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

It's a loss on the road to a good SEC opponent. Doesn't really affect me all that much. That and it's CFB, these things happen all the time. Good job Dawgs, hope Gurley leaves ASAP, BRING ON VANDY!
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
Rewster
Blue Chip

Male

Rewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPitRewster rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
It ruined my weekend and as of right now, I'm no longer excited about this season. Players don't seem to concerned either being some went out partying last night.
What would you want them to do? I guess they could have been studying film on their iPads. But I remember my early twenties (that could be because I'm 25...) and my weekends consisted of football and partying. Not trying to pick a fight, but partying /= not caring about the season.
Rewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #13
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post

I have a "National Title Game" account that I started a while back. I have socked away any spare change and a few dollars here and there so that when the Gamecocks finally make it to the title game, I can be in attendance.

I have put enough away to possibly buy four tickets on the homefield side at mid-field, pay for first class airfare for the four, and a three night stay in a really nice hotel.

Not say we won't make it this year because we totally still can but I am just saying...

/>.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #14
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

I beat the crap out of my wife.

No, Seriously, I am not going to let a game affect me that much. Was a little PO'd during the game, then got over it. I enjoy not thinking abut work for a few hours...that is great.

I suggest to anyone that lets a college football game affect their life to the point that it ruins your weekend, or even your night to get a grip on the important things in life. Just My 2 cents. There are sick, injured, disabled people out there. Folks have lost their homes, their jobs. Some folks walked in on their spouses with someone else. Some just lost loved ones. Make a list, and this is pretty far down there.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #15
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

I was REALLY hungover this morning
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I have a "National Title Game" account that I started a while back. I have socked away any spare change and a few dollars here and there so that when the Gamecocks finally make it to the title game, I can be in attendance.

I have put enough away to possibly buy four tickets on the homefield side at mid-field, pay for first class airfare for the four, and a three night stay in a really nice hotel.

Not say we won't make it this year because we totally still can but I am just saying...

/>.
Your going to be able to rent a house for the week with Charlie Sheen style hookers all over the place at the rate we are going.

Probably rent Charlie for the week to direct the party too.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

It pissed me off yesterday to the point that I had one of these. For medicinal purposes doncha know.

Today it only bothered me enough to fix a msquite smoked, reversed seared, marinated & rubbed porterhouse with this wine.

I'm working through my grief. A couple of BJs did't hurt.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

I was over it about 5 seconds after the clock hit 00:00. Just not worth getting worked up over. Not one of the important things in life to cause me any anguish.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
It pissed me off yesterday to the point that I had one of these. For medicinal purposes doncha know.

Today it only bothered me enough to fix a msquite smoked, reversed seared, marinated & rubbed porterhouse with this wine.

Your mouth must be plum wore out from all of that drinking, eating and blowing.

;)
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

Jesus