CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
ZenUSC
peterlemon
roosterdude21
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2562)
Morris to SMU (2240)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1346)
Carolina on a Walmar (795)
Game simulation (606)
Penniless: Creed's S (367)
Clemson fans (320)
Strategy First Steam (279)
Origin Sale Too (180)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Clemson fans
Constant Updates on Watso
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Morris to SMU
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
2017 - Savales Cann
Have we been favored in e
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Carolina on a Walmart com

Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
USC_21
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1676
USC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talonsUSC_21 has developed his gaff and talons
Default All things a side

I believe Spurrier will light a fire under the players/coaches a$$es and we will have a great week of practice. We will come out saturday with something to prove. I will admit, last night I had given up on the season and kept asking why does this always happen with this team. The past four years we have had the oppurtunity to get to the SECCG and win that and your more than likely in the NCG. It just seems like the football gods do not want South Carolina to take that next step. But after calming down and taking a step back from the ledge I realized this: UGA has to play LSU, @UT, UF, @AUB, @VANDY. There is a HUGE possibilty they will slip up against two of these teams. UGA has done it the past two or three years so why not us? I believe we run the table and UGA will slip up against LSU and UF. USC will play for the SECCG against BAMA. They will be improved on Defense.
USC_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: All things a side

It's funny to watch people run around like a chicken with their head cut off (theoretically speaking) after a single loss. The ultimate "the sky is falling" move. One loss and we're doomed. No team has ever won the East, SEC, or National Championship with 1 loss - a road loss at that!

Do things need to be fixed and changed? Yes. There's no disputing that. But are we doomed? No.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We will just have to wait and see.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #4
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
It's funny to watch people run around like a chicken with their head cut off (theoretically speaking) after a single loss. The ultimate "the sky is falling" move. One loss and we're doomed. No team has ever won the East, SEC, or National Championship with 1 loss - a road loss at that!

Do things need to be fixed and changed? Yes. There's no disputing that. But are we doomed? No.
Bama had 1 loss in their last 2 NC's.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post

What's even funnier is reading someone's post who is attempting to be a voice of reason that has no idea what the hell they are talking about.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
What's even funnier is reading someone's post who is attempting to be a voice of reason that has no idea what the hell they are talking about.
How could you miss that sarcasm?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

I too missed the sarcasm and didn't see any humor in the comments. The guy simply made an accurate statement.

While I tend to think we are WAY short of being a GREAT team and that improving our defense will be a monumental task as young as we are - I do think it's possible that we will have a decent enough defense to beat most teams with the offense that we seem to have...as long as Spurrier can convince Shaw to get rid of the ball more often.

Great to see Nic Jones get the recognition he deserves. Mike Davis is already a BEAST and I think we'll have a good year this season. Still see 2-3 more losses possible...but we could also run the table the rest of the way.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
How could you miss that sarcasm?
If it was meant to be sarcastic, I apologize. But it didn't come across as sarcasm to me.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

All things a side is that UGA is in the driver's seat now and we are not as good as people thought we were.

We have to hope that UGA loses 2 games which is unlikely. Maybe 1 loss to LSU but they likely take the East again.

Meanwhile Clemson will likely win out.... I think the success of our season will be based on beating Clemson again since we won't make it to Atl again. This was our best roster to make a run this year and best set up schedule wise.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

It is hard to win, on the road, but the great teams do it. The great teams are more consistent in big games. The great teams don't worry about football gods or how their schedule lines up...they create their own destiny. We're almost there, but not quite. We're more competitive in big games, we win more consistently at home, and take care of business against non-top 25 teams, but we've got to be more consistent. We still don't have experienced depth at every position.
It's do or die the rest of the way.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

I feel good about our team. If you told me before the season our first year starting RB would out perform Gurley and that our defense would cause us the lost I wouldn't have believed it. Honestly I'd say that our defensive issues can be adjusted and we will get much better. UGA, however, doesn't have a defense. I like us to be better than UGA by season's end if we keep our heads up. We are exactly where UGA was the year before last year.
Harry Tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

It would be shocking if we didn't lose at least one of those road games to ARK, TEN or MIZZOU.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
It would be shocking if we didn't lose at least one of those road games to ARK, TEN or MIZZOU.
Prepare to be shocked, then.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #14
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

I'm more so basing it off recent history. We aren't exactly reliable on the road. The showing against Georgia defensively further deflates hope.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

the 3 game road stretch at Mizzo, Arky and UT don't seem as much of a lock now...

but I'm sure the fans calling for us to win in a blowout at UGA will think these games are in the bag.