CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
spareparts
G&B
robgusc76
b381l
usc1
ertman420
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
2001 vs Sandstorm
Dabo confused about who w
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

Old 09-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material
Default #4 Christian

Why was Christian out on the field so much in the second half? Was Legree hurt at some point? I understood the first half as Hampton was suspended but the second half Christian was out there still getting burned. I know the guy has baseball skills but I wish he had been practicing with the football team in the spring more because he looked lost on Saturday. Hope he learns from the game.

Last edited by SClawman; 09-09-2013 at 04:27 PM.
SClawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: #4 Christian

Another player bashing post. What happened to the vent thread?

Let me ask this question. Why are there so many fake Gamecock fans after a loss? Does Clemson really have this many sick individuals, or are all these different handles the same or a few clemson fans pretending to post here bashing our players? Do Clemson fans think this will help them beat us this year? I wonder if these things are relevant. I wonder if my opinion on these matters will be respected. I just would like to state my opinon on this.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Legree suffered an injury, which led to Ahmad playing the majority of the 4th.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

C2 said Christian was gonna wow me this year. Perhaps the moment was too big? He'll have plenty of chances to redeem himself, starting next week. Go get em!
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post

Let me ask this question. Why are there so many fake Gamecock fans after a loss? Does Clemson really have this many sick individuals, or are all these different handles the same or a few clemson fans pretending to post here bashing our players? Do Clemson fans think this will help them beat us this year? I wonder if these things are relevant. I wonder if my opinion on these matters will be respected. I just would like to state my opinon on this.
I was frustrated with his play and didn't know there was "vent thread". I didn't threaten his life or say he should lose his scholarship. I have a right to voice my opinion. Just hope he learns from the game.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:

Calm down little girl. The OP didn't say anything that was disrespectful to Christian. He was simply posting his concern. Also, when someone gets upset after their team loses, that means their a real fan.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

That guy might have had the roughest day a player can have.
It seemed like whenever guys went after him, he got beat.

We know Ahmad is better than what he showed, and hopefully he gets better from this (he can't play much worse).
If he doesn't get better, we may have to see what Jamari Smith and Rico McWilliams can bring to the table and live with their mistakes.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

It was Vic who got burned so bad on the 3rd and 13 for UGA's last score I think...
Harry Tuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Where in the world is Ronnie Martin? I thought him being a JUCO guy, he would be able to step on the field right away.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
It was Vic who got burned so bad on the 3rd and 13 for UGA's last score I think...
I thought that was Gurley?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Tuttle View Post

Vic was on the other side of the field I believe.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default #4 Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
I thought that was Gurley?
Gurley sat down on an intermediate curl route and the corner released the WR with no safety help.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default #4 Christian

Quote:

How's that tinfoil hat feel?

Your opinion is about as respected as Mark May's and equally ridiculous.

Sorry to break it to you, but some players had a bad outing on Saturday.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
I was frustrated with his play and didn't know there was "vent thread". I didn't threaten his life or say he should lose his scholarship. I have a right to voice my opinion. Just hope he learns from the game.
Yeah, it was not really directed at you anyway. Sorry if it came across that way.

Shaq Attack
Old 09-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Where in the world is Ronnie Martin? I thought him being a JUCO guy, he would be able to step on the field right away.
Wasn't even on the travel roster. Assume it's because of his hamstring.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

I don't see anything wrong with this post and I certainly don't consider it player bashing. I consider player bashing if someone was to criticize the character of a player. There's none of that going on in this thread. The OP just questioned why Christian played so much, and pointed out the fact that he got torched on Saturday. That's just stating the facts.

And it's not just Christian who's struggling mightily in the secondary. The safeties keep getting lost, and they also look a step slow to me.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Vic was on the other side of the field I believe.
I thought it was Vic as well. The announcers said it was Christian though.

Shaq Attack
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Vic was on the other side taking the angle. Christian didn't drop in coverage and left Gurley covering 2 WRs. It was Gurley's job to take the inside receiver, which he did.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

It was christian that got burned on 3rd and 13. People are blaming gurley but if you watch the play the linebacker went to the flat where christian stayed. That tells you either it was christian who blew his assignment or both gurley and the line backer blew their assignments. I tend to think one guy made mistake not two. Ward has said it was his fault for miscommunicating a presnap read I believe

But what irritates me about it is that the same thing happened in the first quarter may have been first possession it was a big play by Bennett. On that play both christian and the backer where in the flats with Bennett behind them. The only reason that wasnt a 60+ TD was because clowney got Murray by the back and he ended up throwing a skyball and by the time it got to Bennett the safety finally got to him.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Lets just call out every player on the defense. Sooner or later we will get it right. It was the defense as a whole that lost the game and on another subject I'm tired of our players getting ripped into also. Some criticism is fine like this thread but I'm just tired of this board past two days