CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
taylorssc
WeStillOwnUSC
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
El Cid Ranger
B-G
eklypised
USCNowAndForever
Interesting quotes f (1919)
Have you ever been s (1166)
Tennessee Offense Br (768)
Key for 2015 defense (603)
Women's Team Ranked (455)
This season and recr (411)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (378)
Skai Moore out for U (359)
Lebron makes Clevela (311)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (206)
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Key for 2015 defense
Interesting quotes from D
Gamecockology Helms
Uniforms for Tenn
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Have you ever been so wro

Old 09-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 2

Week two is in the books. It's still early, but the SEC seems to be approaching this year the way Tyson approached the Buster Douglas fight.

Game 1: Mississippi State 51 Alcorn State 7
13 different players caught a pass for MSU. One is Jeremey Chapelle, who's position is listed as "unknown" by ESPN. I'm guessing he won a contest at halftime.

Game 2: Ole Miss 31 SE Missouri State 13
Ole Miss was up 31 - 0 at halftime, and then apparently forgot they play a second half. Didn't matter.

Game 3: Miami(Fla) 21 #12 Florida 16
If you feel bad about the Georgia game, put this one on and pop a cold one. You'll thank God you're not a Gators fan. Florida beat Miami in every way possible except for two: turnovers and the score. Turns out the last one is the only one that matters.

Game 4: Missouri 38 Toledo 23
What did we learn about Missouri? That it has a better offense than Florida, but a worse defense. The bad news for Mizzou is that pretty much everyone has a better offense than Florida. Toledo actually outgained Mizzou and only trailed by one in the 3rd. Ouch.

Game 5: Arkansas 31 Samford 21
I thought that last week meant Arkansas was back that Bulimia was going to turn things around in a hurry. That might still be the case, but it's important to note that Samford led 21 - 17 late in the 3rd quarter.

Game 6: Auburn 38 Arkansas State 9
Auburn gave up 422 yards to Arkansas State and struggled through 3 quarters with a team they shouldn't struggle with. The good news is that Auburn's defense tightened up in the red zone, only giving up 3 FG despite Arkansas State's numerous trips there. The bad news is they shouldn't have had to.

Game 7: #9 LSU 56 UAB 17
Much like an evening out in Baton Rouge, a swift kick to the face and this one was over.

Game 8: Vandy 38 Austin Peay State 3
Vandy led 38 - 0 at half time and then didn't score again. If I didn't know better, I'd say some weird Freaky Friday stuff is going on between Vandy and Ole Miss.

Game 9: #7 Texas A&M 65 Sam Houston St 28
Lost in the glow of Johnny Maziel's 409 yards is the fact that SHS (not, in fact, a high school) gained 390 yards and trailed by only 9 in the 3rd quarter. There's trouble afoot in College Station, I'm telling you.

Game 10: Tennessee 52 Western Kentucky 20
Looks great on paper, especially after W. Kentucky beat UK last week. However, WKU gave up an astonishing 31 points off of turnovers, 5 or 6 in a row in fact, and never recovered. They actually outgained UT and held an almost 5 minute time of possession advantage over UT. THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER.

Game 11: Kentucky 41 Miami(OH) 7
At least one SEC team figured out how to beat Miami.

Game 12: #11 Georgia 41 #6 South Carolina 30
Aaron Murray proved me wrong. If anyone finds South Carolina's defense please return it to Columbia ASAP. Thanks.

Week 2 Power Ranking
1. LSU
Next up Kent State: LSU gets one more tune up before Auburn. They are firing on all cylinders right now. Don't count on Les Miles letting that stop him from doing something nutty, however.

2. Alabama
Next up @Texas A&M: Rubber meeting the road, and all that.

3. Texas A&M
Next up Bama: Expect around 100 points to be scored in this one.

4. Georgia
Next up OFF: The Dawgs get the week off to prepare for North Texas. Mike Bobo heads to Vegas.

5. Ole Miss
Next up @Texas: What could go wrong? Mack Brown is one loss away from a shiv to the spine, which makes him a dangerous, dangerous man.

6. South Carolina
Next up Vandy: Can the Gamecocks regroup and take care of a pesky Vandy squad? Here's hoping UGA doesn't beat them twice.

7. Flordia
Next up OFF: The Gators have the week off. This means an entire week for Muschamp to build up rage with no release.

8. Vandy
Next up @South Carolina: Vandy looks much stronger than I anticipated this year. Here's hoping that the Gamecocks will show up properly motivated.

9. Mississipi State
Next up @Auburn: I was probably too harsh on MSU after their loss to Oklahoma State. This should be a great game and one that goes a long way to showing us what the middle of the West will look like this year.

10. Auburn
Next up MSU: Where did the SEC defenses go? Don't look for them in this game.

11. Arkansas
Next up Southern Miss: This game's intriguing. It shouldn't be.

12. Tennessee
Next up Oregon: Tennessee fans probably want me to rank them higher. I'm not. They have real problems beside the whipping Oregon's about to put on them.

13. Kentucky
Next up Louisville: I moved Kentucky up just so they wouldn't be ranked last all year.

14. Missouri
Next up OFF: Whole lot of open weeks this early in the SEC. Indiana's up next. The Mizzou fans I know seem to think this'll be a tough test. That tells me all I need to know about Mizzou.

The SEC is a hot mess right now.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 2

doubled up on a couple of the teams. copy/paste mistake?
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Yep.

Should be fixed now.

I need a spread sheet or something.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Vols will beat Auburn and Vandy and move up your list later this season. Not worried where you have them now.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

How do you have Ms St over Aub? Ms St's 1 good game was against Alcorn St. Aub's defense did pretty well against a very good offense, an offense that had 4 100 yard rushers in week 1. Most of the rushing yards given up were on the final drive of the game. They've gone 19 drives without giving up a touchdown.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

I would rank the SEC:

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. A&M
4. Georgia
5. Carolina
6. Ole Miss
7. Florida
8. Auburn
9. Tennessee
10. Vandy
11. Miss St
12. Arkanasas
13. Missouri
14. Kentucky
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

good write up as usual

thanks!

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

i like your serious, but not too serious remarks. thanks for taking the time to write this up
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Jeremy Chapelle is Dave's son.

Great write up again buddy!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Oh, I'm always serious.