CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
b381l
ertman420
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
Dabo confused about who w
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

Old 09-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Southern Tide, Southern Proper, Southern Marsh, etc

What the hell is this trend? Put a stereotype of being Southern on a t-shirt and sell it. I saw one today with a glass of iced tea. I wondered if the guy knew how ridiculous he looked walking around with a tshirt that had an iced tea on it. But then again, he had the YETI hat, which maybe is a theme - his drobe is all about drinks and coolers. I get it.

Well, I have to say, at least they are making alot of money. I appreciate people who are able to make alot of money using a gimmick. I have an idea of my own.

I'm going to create a tshirt line called NORTHERN TIDE. It's going to have things associated with the NORTH. Therefore college students in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and Michigan can wear it. After all they should be proud of their craterized hellhole states. I'm going to have tshirts with a can of Alpo with a spork, representing the typical lunch diet of a person from the Buckeye state. Then I'll have another tshirt with a huge pothole with a mattress shoved in it. Then I'll have another one with a woman pushing a shopping cart around Cleveland in the snow, and another one showing an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with no muffler covered in salt. Then instead of a southern gun theme like the one I saw yesterday, I'm going to have a northern gun theme which is an AK with Chicago Cubs colors.

One of these southern shirts also has one called "Cities of The South" with Charleston on it and a picture of (you guessed it) Rainbow Row. I'm gonna do a Northern Cities theme, with Toledo (showing a line of unemployed auto workers), Detroit (showing a mayor and police chief having affairs with their secretaries), and Gary Indiana (showing people bathing in sewage right next to a steel mill). That way all the 127 or so people left living in those cities (the ones who haven't moved to Summerville) can be proud of where they are from. After all, I have to give them props for actually staying up there.

The north will rise again.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material
Default Re: Southern Tide, Southern Proper, Southern Marsh, etc

You need new material. You post the same old shit in a different form everyday.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Even though those cities are in the North, for some reason when I think of them,Midwest comes to mind.
For the north I think NY/NJ/Massachusetts/Maryland/Eastern PA etc.

Like when I'd meet students from those regions in school they were both very different.
Northerners were loud and obnoxious, but the Midwesterners were something different, oh and they were all also Ohip State fans (never understood that one when they all came to USC)

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
You post the same old shit in a different form everyday.
Go back to Pennsylvania, land of salty cars and pasty white thighs. There's nothing wrong with venting about things that are annoying. Plus like I said, I give them props for making money.

By the way, I don't think I've ever vented about the whole YETI thing.

How many times have you posted the same opinion about sports, in a different form?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

You do know that there are people in summerville that are from there or the tri county area right? I don't think its near as bad a bluffton SC with all the northerners.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

Not to derail, but staying on the topic of things trending in the south.. I've never heard of Fireball until my buddy who lives in Columbia told me how out of the loop I was.

No thanks, I dont need cinnamon in my whiskey to enjoy it..
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
You do know that there are people in summerville that are from there or the tri county area right? I don't think its near as bad a bluffton SC with all the northerners.
Bluffton? Seriously?

I didn't know that was the new destination of choice. I guess Hilton Head is overcrowded.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Go back to Pennsylvania, land of salty cars and pasty white thighs. There's nothing wrong with venting about things that are annoying. Plus like I said, I give them props for making money.

By the way, I don't think I've ever vented about the whole YETI thing.

How many times have you posted the same opinion about sports, in a different form?
I only wish I could have half the internet coolness you have. Your a joke get over your perfect self.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
I only wish I could have half the internet coolness you have. Your a joke get over your perfect self.
You win the award for being the only person in the world who takes me seriously. Congrats
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

Quote:
You win the award for being the only person in the world who takes me seriously. Congrats
Its flat out annoying to click on a thread and find out its you doing the same old song and dance again. Perhaps it was funny the first 17 times now it's you just trying to keep the dozen groupies you have entertained.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Never understood why people bitch.
You don't have to read/click it.

Sure you're allowed to have an opinion about his rant and I respect that.
What got me was when you said "It's flat out annoying to click on a thread..."
If it's annoying and you know what's going to happen, then why click it?

Kinda like the fans that are bitching about the UGA fan and how he should get banned when he hasn't done anything against the rules yet.

Sorry for my rant- go on with the discussion.

#LukeForMod

Old 09-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Never understood why people bitch.
You don't have to read/click it.

Sure you're allowed to have an opinion about his rant and I respect that.
What got me was when you said "It's flat out annoying to click on a thread..."
If it's annoying and you know what's going to happen, then why click it?

Kinda like the fans that are bitching about the UGA fan and how he should get banned when he hasn't done anything against the rules yet.

Sorry for my rant- go on with the discussion.
Had no idea what the thread was. Trust me if I knew what is was going to be about and who posted it I would have stayed away.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Had no idea what the thread was. Trust me if I knew what is was going to be about and who posted it I would have stayed away.
It shows under the title who started the thread. That should probably be your first clue from here on out.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Bluffton? Seriously?

I didn't know that was the new destination of choice. I guess Hilton Head is overcrowded.
When was the last time you were in Bluffton?? You gotta check it out just to see. I have a feeling you may want to shoot yourself afterwards.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
It shows under the title who started the thread. That should probably be your first clue from here on out.
Thank you. My phone doesn't provide that information.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Even though those cities are in the North, for some reason when I think of them,Midwest comes to mind.
For the north I think NY/NJ/Massachusetts/Maryland/Eastern PA etc.

Like when I'd meet students from those regions in school they were both very different.
Northerners were loud and obnoxious, but the Midwesterners were something different, oh and they were all also Ohip State fans (never understood that one when they all came to USC)
Sorry, I have to laugh...being from the state and all...nothing against you.

Is that what most people in SC think, that MD is in the "north?"..Im curious
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #17
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Hey Spare-

You have a new admirer buddy.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
3MTA3
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post

It might be below the mason-dixon line, but the culture of Maryland is more akin to the northeast than it is with the southeast.

Is Baltimore more like Boston, or Charleston?
3MTA3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
It might be below the mason-dixon line, but the culture of Maryland is more akin to the northeast than it is with the southeast.

Is Baltimore more like Boston, or Charleston?
Baltimore yes, but outside of Baltimore and maybe the suburbs of DC, Maryland is pretty rural. The Eastern Shore, Southern MD, and Western MD are very laid back. Althought Baltimore has most of the population of the state.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #20
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post

Well I'm from North Carolina, but yes.
As one poster has said, cities like Baltimore and DC although below the mason Dixon do not seem southern to me.
But shit even Charlotte is starting to get that feel today.

I'm also just going by the students I met in school. Most the Marylanders I met were very similar to other states I mentioned.

#LukeForMod